Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you saying third party DRM John Keel? Your technospeak has me confused.

John Keel

Savant
No, I'm saying that Sven is Excited mostly by Stadia because they can put insane spec requirement for the game and not give a fuck, as it's going to be computed off-site by google. (that's the democratic part, everyone can play cinematic game even if poor AF, cause that's what is democracy right ?)

If you play the game locally like a non-retarded person, you'll have to deal with that

Generic-Giant-Spider

The expectation:

61WW8215QHL._AC_SX215_.jpg

The reality:

51EV1GWWZNL._AC_SX215_.jpg

Sharpedge

Prophet
I will reserve judgement until I actually have more than a video of tentacles and a guy wearing a suit of armour to judge it on, it seems like the best choice of action. Also, considering you could play undead in DoS 2, does this mean Illithid will be a playable race here?

turkishronin

Arcane
No, I'm saying that Sven is Excited mostly by Stadia because they can put insane spec requirement for the game and not give a fuck, as it's going to be computed off-site by google. (that's the democratic part, everyone can play cinematic game even if poor AF, cause that's what is democracy right ?)

If you play the game locally like a non-retarded person, you'll have to deal with that

How does that work?! So you'll be basically watching someone streaming the game?

John Keel

Savant

How does that work?! So you'll be basically watching someone streaming the game?
Google streams the game to you, you just have a controller + internet link to their server

Sharpedge

Prophet
Google Stadia is just the next step up in making customers not own the games they pay for. You never have the game on your machine to begin with and the idea might appeal to developers, since it means their product can't be pirated assuming it is only available through stadia. Aside from disliking it for that reason, it is also not feasible for those of us living in the backwater middle of nowhere to stream games, our internet speeds just can't handle it.

Farewell into the night

Because fucking E3 is happening in 2 days and you have to time you marketing right. Teaser trailer first, then interviews, then gameplay. They announced the game yesterday FFS! Are they supposed to show everything in the first day? What gaming company in the history of gaming did ever do this?

Thanks, I didn't knew E3 is in 2 days. Now it's making sense.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Meh. Didn't they say already it uses phased turns or something. I don't really care. I don't even want more of the same RPG.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
See this is the exact attitude that is wrong. Firstly, BGs are D&D. They should be TB. The companions were written by prepubescent children. The rest is okay.
What they should be and what they are are two different things. I think BG deserves to be critiqued on its own merits. The companions in BG1 are one of the most memorable casts in RPG history, mostly due to the minimalistic approach and their roles in different parties.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You all remind me of the thing on Family Guy where he makes fun of religious people, the 7th day Adventists or some shit go to church on Sunday, and some other one goes on a Saturday.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
See this is the exact attitude that is wrong. Firstly, BGs are D&D. They should be TB. The companions were written by prepubescent children. The rest is okay.
What they should be and what they are are two different things. I think BG deserves to be critiqued on its own merits. The companions in BG1 are one of the most memorable casts in RPG history, mostly due to the minimalistic approach and their roles in different parties.
They're retarded trash for mentally deficient manchildren

Suicidal

Arcane
Turn based is for slow minded retards who can't micromanage. Suck this dick you faggets tb fags

RTwP is for dumbasses who like to select all their units, press attack on the nearest enemy and sit and wait while pretending that they're doing something :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom