Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you prefer if Baldurs Gate 3 was 2d or 3d?

Would you prefer if Baldurs Gate 3 was 2d or 3d?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Why bother with thread like this when we know we are not going to get anything resembling the old games?

It's gonna be 3D, probably cartoony or "indie" looking. Everything is.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd want the RPG systems to be better, but I'd be fine with the Dragon Age Origins hybrid style. 3D with third-person camera for walking around, pull back to "isometric" for battle (be it turn-based or RtwP).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nothing can beat IWD and IWD2 backgrounds. God, I wish we could get more of those beautiful atmospheric scenes in BG3, but I know I am asking for the impossible. D:OS and D:OS 2 looks cool, but not a single environment or background stuck with me, everything looks bland and very forgettable to me. On the other hand, I remember fondly almost every area in IWD and IWD2.

Going from 2D to 3D with Neverwinter Nights was a mistake.

Modron

Arcane
I don't particularly care if it is 2d or 3d but if 3d I want a fixed perspective for sure tired of all the rotation after playing through grim dawn.

RaptorRex888

Learned
This may be me reading too much in to something minor but from one of the videos Swen did on gamespot he said "this is the first representation of the city of Baldur's Gate entirely in 3D" now I don't know if he was referring to only the cinematic itself or if he meant the game as a whole.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
This may be me reading too much in to something minor but from one of the videos Swen did on gamespot he said "this is the first representation of the city of Baldur's Gate entirely in 3D" now I don't know if he was referring to only the cinematic itself or if he meant the game as a whole.

There's literally zero chance this game is in 2D. They tripled their staff from Divinity DoS 2, which was already 3D.

Modron

Arcane
He forgot about Dark Alliance kek.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Meh. I lamented the move from 2D to 3D for a long time, because it was such a sharp step backward and would take a long time to catch up. But I think that period has finally ended in the last few years.

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'd like party members, NPCs and enemies to be represented by alphabetical letters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom