Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

Ivan

Arcane
I recently replayed Return to Castle Wolfenstein and this game is just as open as that one, people need to check their nostalgia goggles if they think otherwise.
haven't played it yet, but still:
200w.webp

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I recently replayed Return to Castle Wolfenstein and this game is just as open as that one, people need to check their nostalgia goggles if they think otherwise.
Is that...really main issue you think people had with the game?

again:
I played RTCW and the original, years before that. I don't appreciate blue hairs making a sequel to it and it being a giant pile of dogshit that I doubt I'll ever play. The openness, or lack thereof, really doesn't make a bit of difference.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished this. Nobody cares, so I'll keep it brief, but I enjoyed it a good bit. Good combat, nice weapons, open-ish levels but not open world, cool art design. I recently replayed Return to Castle Wolfenstein and this game is just as open as that one, people need to check their nostalgia goggles if they think otherwise. I played one difficulty level above normal and it was a solid challenge without being annoying. Just like The New Order though the story is WAY too focused on. Long, long cutscenes that just take away from the pacing. I don't even mind the story really, I like how crazy it gets and the alternate-history thing. It's just way too much of it.

You think that Nu-Doom is a good game, that makes your opinion invalid.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is that...really main issue you think people had with the game?

again:

I played RTCW and the original, years before that. I don't appreciate blue hairs making a sequel to it and it being a giant pile of dogshit that I doubt I'll ever play. The openness, or lack thereof, really doesn't make a bit of difference.

I have seen people insist this is a CoD-a-like linear shooter, yes. They're being retarded. If you don't like the story though, that's a whole other matter and purely subjective. I like it fine, I just think there's too much of it. Also the hub world has too much shit to do in it. The pacing of the game feels off as a result, as it did in New Order. Old Blood is the best one because it has a better balance between story and gameplay.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Tried Mein Leben for lulz. Died on the second mission and had to watch 30 minutes of unskippable cutscenes.

Seems like Mein Leben is an ultimate troll move against achievement hunters. Well done, devs.

:excellent:

Wunderbar

Arcane
You can skip cutscenes after it loads the level, I did it a ton of times.
you can't skip "in-game" cutscenes, like the flashback sequences with BJ's mom and dad, or when your gang is carrying your injured body.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
you can't skip "in-game" cutscenes, like the flashback sequences with BJ's mom and dad, or when your gang is carrying your injured body.

Ah, fair enough, guess I never died right after one of those. There's definitely way too much fucking story in these games, not arguing against that.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Jens Matthis, Machinegames' co-founder, creative director and lead writer, has left the studio. He wrote both Wolfenstein the New order and Wolfenstein 2 the new colossus, and did some minor things on The Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness.

Incline?

Ash

Arcane
Wunderbar said:
Jens Matthis, Machinegames' co-founder, creative director and lead writer

Not sure why you bolded "lead writer". :roll: The writing is bad but it's not the problem. The problem is the overall direction (e.g cinematics being the priority, dumb as shit gameplay). If this were a proper FPS and not a movie wannabe there would be minimal/notably less writing so it would hardly matter how bad said writing is in the first place. Given that he was a co-founder and creative director, as well as lead writer his absence is bound to result in at least some minimal incline as he is clearly largely responsible for the overall direction of The SJW Whack-A-Mole Order.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Interestingly enough, he wasn't a creative lead/writer on The Old Blood. Personally, I think The Old Blood was the best of nuWolfensteins.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
My review:

• aweigh:
    wasted time downloading wolfenstein 2: the new colossus from game pass. played it about 1 hour before uninstalling, it's the wokest game i've ever seen
    it's an sjw fever dream. game literally starts with BJ's EEEEEEvil trump supporter dad beating his jewish mom and beating him up (as a child) for being friends with a "nigger" girl

• aweigh:
    then he forces BJ to shoot his own dog as punishment for tarnishing the WHITE MAN'S reputation
    then he goes on a speech about how the queers and n-words want to destroy all the white man has built
    you could literally FEEL the sjw energy pouring out of the writer as he wrote the most evil person imaginable (Trump supporters) in BJ's dad
    then at the end of the first level the eeeevil female general's fat daughter is FAT SHAMED by her

• aweigh:
    and there's pregnant women shooting guns
    it was awful
    i feel dirty for having played it
    like i got sjw stink on me
    ugh

• aweigh:
    i had read before that the lead game designer of machinegames said wolfenstein 2 was a response to Trump but... i didn't imagine this travesty
    poor BJ, his franchise co-opted for this low IQ dreck. Game writing quality is fucking AWFUL, it's all just some white liberal self-insert bullshit.

Last edited:

bat_boro

Arcane
My review:

• aweigh:
    wasted time downloading wolfenstein 2: the new colossus from game pass. played it about 1 hour before uninstalling, it's the wokest game i've ever seen
    it's an sjw fever dream. game literally starts with BJ's EEEEEEvil trump supporter dad beating his jewish mom and beating him up (as a child) for being friends with a "nigger" girl

• aweigh:
    then he forces BJ to shoot his own dog as punishment for tarnishing the WHITE MAN'S reputation
    then he goes on a speech about how the queers and n-words want to destroy all the white man has built
    you could literally FEEL the sjw energy pouring out of the writer as he wrote the most evil person imaginable (Trump supporters) in BJ's dad
    then at the end of the first level the eeeevil female general's fat daughter is FAT SHAMED by her

• aweigh:
    it was awful
    ugh

• aweigh:
    i had read before that the lead game designer of machinegames said wolfenstein 2 was a response to Trump but... i didn't imagine this travesty
    poor BJ, his franchise co-opted for this low IQ dreck. Game writing quality is fucking AWFUL, it's all just some white liberal self-insert bullshit.
That one also features a scene with the Fuhrer on Venus I think, but the sjws decided to shave his mustache. He also throws a tantrum and I think pisses himself

orcinator

Liturgist
My review:

• aweigh:

• aweigh:

• aweigh:
    it was awful
    ugh

• aweigh:
That one also features a scene with the Fuhrer on Venus I think, but the sjws decided to shave his mustache. He also throws a tantrum and I think pisses himself
Too many games are Hitler Hatin' these days.
But there's a light in the darkness.
unknown.png

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Goddamn Japanese. If it hadn't been for them, the Americans might have simply stayed out of the war. Though we wouldn't have any military industrial complex pumping out crazy technologies.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah the whole "it was a super genius cabal of jews driving the world all along!" plotline in the New Order was silly and raised some questions. Like, how did they manage to survive that long and why didn't they give out tech to the allies sooner? Just what were they afraid of, when a nation who is already on the cusp of world conquest was about to kill them all?
What's sad is that before the reveal there was an implication that the Nazi super-science wasn't as infallible as the propaganda would have you believe, with there being a mold outbreak killing people. But nope, turns out it was a sneaky jew plot all along, ironically validating the Nazi's science in the process. Great writing :roll:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom