Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
i am... not happy.
Viper strike turned not to be much usable for clearing as this new aoe it produces is minimal(even if i try with rapier). Started going with some bow instead, toxic rain and caustic arrow. Thing is those 2 skills do not rely on weapon stats with dmg comming from set dot.

It is not what I want as I had in mind doing ssf weapon focused this time around. Need to figure out path forward. ideas?

EDIT: i think ill give charged dash a go
If you're leveling bow-stuff, just play scourge arrow.
Trappers are always solid, and fire nova mines can carry all the way through to maps.

As Reich said I ran a firetrapper, or rather rainbowtrapper (since you just stack all kinds of added damage with the 200% damage effectiveness of firetrap) and its really good and fairly cheap. Only issue is that you kinda want a Malachais Awakening prophecy and/or Martyr of Innocence, both of which are hard to come by SSF unless you play alot, and even in trade league they're usually fairly expensive the first few days. The prophecy cost drops hard after a few days and quickly becomes a 1c one, it's just that early into the league that helmet is absolutely nuts.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Went with 2H RT Slayer but can't pick final attack skill to focus on, atm it's tectonic slam. So far it's ok but hype slowly go off...
Anyone got their first Tabulas? Got mine before Brutus in act1. And from what I heard more people got this lucky.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Ed contagion delets Legions, now I just have to figure which nodes and ascendencies to take they all seem good. Also made witch preparing for golems but it sucks I should have gone full minion meta instead of elemental whatever will accumulate gear and try again later.

Balor

Arcane
Is it me or impale support is a must have for skeleton summoner against bosses?
I have trouble wrapping my mind around the mechanics - for instance, each impale is good for 5 hits, but how many impales can one have - is it unlimited, like poisons?

Added a new Debuff - Impale: When a hit applies Impale, a portion of that Hit's Physical Damage is recorded before sources of damage mitigation are applied. The next 5 hits against that target apply that recorded damage as Reflected Physical Damage. You can have multiple Impales on a target

Shouldn't pure phys skellies with impale support plus dread banner result in, basically, exponential increase in damage taken by single target as long as they are going full tilt, because they can generate impales faster than consuming them (total 60% chance)?
Increased impale effect and more 15% phys damage seems like a cherry on top.

Gerrard

Arcane
How do you "generate impales faster than consuming them" when you can only add one impale on hit and a hit also reduces the impales on target by 1 use?

Quatlo

Arcane
Man I've fallen out of the loop and wanted to check up whats hot shit again.
>cyclone
>cyclone
>cyclone
I guess we have went a full circle

I don't know what to play :(

Since I was 10 when diablo 2 relased whirlwind barb seemed really shitty no brain build for me, I dont wanna to play this :C
I want to play some meaty shit, like infernal blow again.

Balor

Arcane
How do you "generate impales faster than consuming them" when you can only add one impale on hit and a hit also reduces the impales on target by 1 use?

Bah, indeed, ALL the impales of course. So... 50% more phys damage at 100% impale chance, and need a 'windup' of 5 hits at that. At 40% chance this is 20% more damage, 30% with increased impale effect, but dread banner impales are cumulative and benefit from increased impale effect Plus more 15% damage... ok, not bad for pure phys, but nothing ground breaking, which is much more likely indeed.

Hyperion

Arcane
Man I've fallen out of the loop and wanted to check up whats hot shit again.
>cyclone
>cyclone
>cyclone
I guess we have went a full circle

I don't know what to play :(

Since I was 10 when diablo 2 relased whirlwind barb seemed really shitty no brain build for me, I dont wanna to play this :C
Fuck Cyclone. Boring shit. Be a man and play Dual Strike, it's built around 1 shotting everything. I put it on the backburner because I don't feel like paying 30 fucking Chaos for an Ichimonji (Sunday's price, fuck that shit).

Rerolled a Rain of Arrows Champion instead, and it's laughably easy. Breezed through Act 3 using a rare Crude Bow, and had 25 unspent skill points, ended up with an achievement for tagging 100+ Legion monsters in 1 go. Maybe I should read the challenges, but the rewards are fucking hideous.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Or BE a smarty and play lightning trap saboteur because it hasn't been touched for the last 2 leagues and it's really, really strong, especially for league start SSF option.

I'm still reasonably 'new' to the game (played 100 hrs over the last five years) and this is my 2nd build for this league. It is so, so good. Once I have a 5/6 link chest (the toon is only lvl 52) and can have the whole trap set-up running, it's going to be a monster.

Also, what's with the unique drop rate? First 30-40 hrs, I might have gotten two uniques, total. In the last ten (Legion), I've gotten about 15-20.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Scion is not good with anything in new league. Scion has not received any buffs in both leagues where they "fixed" casters and then melee.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
Impale is pretty good for pure phys builds. mostly shines during longer fights against bosses obv.
afaik it also kinda "double dips" on crits, no? cuz if the initial hit is a crit and does more damage accordingly, the implae will be bigger too?
along Dread Banner, Impale support and some impale clusters on tree, you can reach 90%ish impale chance.

lmao, league of "more" damage instead of "increased" indeed.

also new Watchers Eye mods for Pride aura have "Impale lasts 2 hits longer" mod....turn each char into Champion

abija

Prophet
don't see how it can double dip if the dmg is set from the original hit

ArchAngel

Arcane
Double dip means that same damage modifier is counted more than once. Which for impale it should not happen with crits.

Balor

Arcane
Stored damage does not interact with HIT damage you do later, it simply adds up on top from a separate source, a bit confusing indeed... in my case I want it for a skeleton summoner, seems more straightforward than mucking about with bleeding and poisoning via spells to benefit from vile toxins and bloodlust otherwise.
Still not sure that pure phys is better than hatred + added damage and EE procced by lighthing orb/ball lightning, because EE should add a TON of elemental damage plus we get chills, freezes and ignites.

Anyway, I have not tried ED+contagion trickster before so making one for Legion seemed like a no-brainer, but I find ED extremely awkward, small wonder people seem to prefer bane for clearing... maybe after I'll get more area nodes and level intensify and inc. aoe on contagion things will get more manageable.

Perkel

Arcane

Good news it is reworked and pretty nice now with a bit different fx. Also want to play with it later but right now i am playing with double strike buzzsaw. With latest update to autotargeting it is really efficient with just melee splash.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom