Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So, any tips on the Slayer class? Seems interesting, always wanted to fuck around with sneak attack.

Has anyone used the turn-based combat mod yet?
I did.

It works fine more or less (well almost throughout chapter 1 till now) but there are a certain graphical bugs I noticed. but then again that might be owlkat's doing.
it has quite a bit of options, but the 1 option I found necessary to be ON are:
>Auto-cancel actions at the start of turn.
otherwise when you queue unperformed actions on your enxt turn at ti messes up the combat flow.

The UI is a bit un-intuitive and its a bit difficult to make out where the move action ends; but there are a couple of options to give feedback on that.
I use the cancel action on first 5-feet-move and move-action complete so that it helops in melee micromanaging and and positioning (or just to delay spellcasting after using up his move action)

the complain about it takes lot of time? Cheatengine game speed x5 to the rescue (bound with hotkey).

Massive Incline I tell you. Massive incline.

Codex Year of the Donut
The turn-based mod is pretty damn good.

It is waaaay to slow though with the amount of combat this game has.

Played for a bit but I don't really have the patience to actually finish Old Syacamore.
Only time I notice it's slow is when I get a long chain of misses. Which is funny considering the Codex reaction to BG3 & the statement on misses.
I also play with the speed mod which can increase speed while in combat

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It’s telling you it’s inadvisable because Valerie is not a caster, and will not get any benefit from the feat, only Jaethal will. Also (haven’t played with Jaethal) don’t inquisitors gain the benefits of teamwork feats even if they’re teammates don’t have the same teamwork feat? If so there is literally no point to giving Valerie Shielded Caster unless you’re planning to multi her to a casting class. Harrim or Tristian would make a lot more sense if you’re sticking to basic builds. In general, teamwork feats are EXTREMELY powerful in PF when used correctly, but you need to choose them to play to both individual and party roles.
Too bad this wasn't better explained in the ingame tooltips. And I haven't been reading the sourcebooks, where I guess it's explained.

Sykar

Arcane
One aspect I dislike about tabletop games converted to CRPGs is the focus on your main character being the party's "face" which gives heavy benefits to playing a charisma-based class.

Yeah, well, its not really true here. 95% of the time you can use Persuasion of other party members. Aaand you can pass nearly all tests yourself with rock bottom Cha - as long as you care to buff it.

Might be true for the late game but certainly not true for the prologue and the first two chapters.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It’s telling you it’s inadvisable because Valerie is not a caster, and will not get any benefit from the feat, only Jaethal will. Also (haven’t played with Jaethal) don’t inquisitors gain the benefits of teamwork feats even if they’re teammates don’t have the same teamwork feat? If so there is literally no point to giving Valerie Shielded Caster unless you’re planning to multi her to a casting class. Harrim or Tristian would make a lot more sense if you’re sticking to basic builds. In general, teamwork feats are EXTREMELY powerful in PF when used correctly, but you need to choose them to play to both individual and party roles.
Too bad this wasn't better explained in the ingame tooltips. And I haven't been reading the sourcebooks, where I guess it's explained.
I'd advise looking at your companions' class pages. Doing so shows that Jaethal, as an Inquisitor, earns Solo Tactics at 3rd level, and explains what that means.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The turn-based mod is pretty damn good.

It is waaaay to slow though with the amount of combat this game has.

Played for a bit but I don't really have the patience to actually finish Old Syacamore.
Only time I notice it's slow is when I get a long chain of misses. Which is funny considering the Codex reaction to BG3 & the statement on misses.
I also play with the speed mod which can increase speed while in combat
Probably need the Speed Mod yeah, otherwise I would go insane. Maybe I'll install both later when EE is more stable patch wise

Yosharian

Arcane
Varnhold's Lot: what is the max level for this DLC? And, am I understanding it correctly, I get to make 4 custom characters for this DLC?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Don't ditch Divination if you want to be damage caster, you need True Strike for ray spells

Ditch Enchant & Transmutation/Necro maybe (Linzi can do Enchant, Octavia can cast Buffs/Webs)

Necro has Animate Dead - best summon midgame though. Enchant is universally mediocre to bad due to enemies packing immunities.

Xeon

Augur
Pretty sure level cap is the same as the base game which is 20 but don't think you can reach it if you have full party. Yeah. you need to bring 2 party members but you can make 3 other party members beside the main character.

Yosharian

Arcane
Pretty sure level cap is the same as the base game which is 20 but don't think you can reach it if you have full party. Yeah. you need to bring 2 party members but you can make 3 other party members beside the main character.
Same as the base game? I thought it's just a short story DLC?

Xeon

Augur
Sorry, just checked my last save from it and I had my level at 10. I had a full default party and I skipped some fights because I tried playing on hard and couldn't do them at all. I am not sure if I skipped any secret quests so you might be able to reach Lv14-15 or something maybe if you go solo with just the mandatory members but the DLC was kinda hard.

But the level cap is 20, just not sure if you can reach it or not.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Varnhold's Lot: what is the max level for this DLC? And, am I understanding it correctly, I get to make 4 custom characters for this DLC?

Max level is 9 for full party. And yes, idea is that you make a 4 levels and optimize them to the heavens. Better to cover all important skills and spells with them too.

Thonius

Arcane
Don't ditch Divination if you want to be damage caster, you need True Strike for ray spells

Ditch Enchant & Transmutation/Necro maybe (Linzi can do Enchant, Octavia can cast Buffs/Webs)

Necro has Animate Dead - best summon midgame though. Enchant is universally mediocre to bad due to enemies packing immunities.
You don't need true strike if you're expert in AOE spells... That's what I did for DD Sorc, ditched dex pumped str... It's really good for that cloak with trip...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
how do you respec chars? I read in patch notes they added it

Yosharian

Arcane

Max level is 9 for full party. And yes, idea is that you make a 4 levels and optimize them to the heavens. Better to cover all important skills and spells with them too.
If I'm creating 4 characters, that leaves 2 more slots in my party - who fills those slots?

Daidre

Arcane
Vivi can be used for trickster instead of rogue. He had True strike in his spellbook and 3 spell slots with high int. And mutagen too.

So Sense Vitals is only decent spells you'd lose by ditching Divination.

Daidre

Arcane
If I'm creating 4 characters, that leaves 2 more slots in my party - who fills those slots?
Rogue and Wizard Conjurer.

Iirc only on lower difficulties but not sure how.
There is Enable character retrain option on difficulty tab. It is always available but will reset Challenging+ to Custom so no achievements. Then Anoriel (lady with mercs in tavern) will have new dialogue option for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom