Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you prefer if Baldurs Gate 3 was turn-based or real-time?

Would you prefer if Baldurs Gate 3 was turn-based or real-time?

• Turn-based

Votes: 134 74.9%
  • Real-time

Votes: 45 25.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mondblut

Arcane
To be a good RPG, it should be TB. To be a proper BG sequel, well, it's rather obvious.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Fuckin TB fags. Can't belive how many :obviously: codexers are too dumb to play a real time with pause game. Genocide incoming.

Good luck killing us all in shitty RtwP combat.
We would dab all over you fucking boomers before you even woke up

life_and_death_of_colonel_blimp.jpg

"B-BUT IT WASN'T YOUR TURN!!"

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'd like to have a game with encounter design complex, interesting and demanding enough to call for Turn Based.

...of course, I'm gonna end up dissapointed.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I'd prefer turn based and on a grid like Krondor, but those days are gone. Real time with pause is the only option now because turn based is a turn off to a lot of people, I have seen the comments that prove it. DoS could get away with it because it is low budget for a niche audience. This game will be bigger budget and they will want a bigger audience, and that means it will have to be RTWP.

Not that it matters, you can have a good game with RTWP.

Brainlet2

Educated
I think Larian does TB better, DOS and DOS2 are great, except for the writing

CoolioMaximus

Novice
Real talk, how much of a chore is it for devs to actually give players the option to switch between TB and RTwP? I was shocked when PoE2 introduced that as an option.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
34 people actually voted real-time. Why aren't the voting results public, commissar? We have gulags for this kind of offenses.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Real talk, how much of a chore is it for devs to actually give players the option to switch between TB and RTwP? I was shocked when PoE2 introduced that as an option.
It's probably doable if they've already got the combat's core mechanics figured out. What's really important is that, assuming they add both as an option, they can add and balance new encounters at the same pace the various combat scenarios are being developed, rather than having to go back and redo all of them at a later point.

Seethe

Arbiter
RTWP = zoomer shit
I feel like 90% of zoomers immediately think of Final Fantasy when they hear TB and the association causes their scrotums/labia to shrivel.

It's surprising, because FF is turn based for button mashing zoomers. I don't like FF's turn based system at all, personally. When I hear "turn based", I mostly think of games like Heroes 3, Disciples 2, Age of Wonders.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
RTwP is dumpster fire trash and anyone that says otherwise is a cuck who should commit suicide.

Real RPGs use Turn Based combat.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
RTwP would solve D:OS 2 initiative system, and let you fast forward to the step where someone got one of his armor depleted.
It would solve most D:OS 2 combat issues!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom