Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Yosharian

Arcane
A rogue? Ew.

What decent weapons are there?

Shadenuat

Arcane
JX7yrGt.jpg

" :retarded:"

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
A rogue? Ew.

One nice unique Falcata and really good longbow. Everything else (almost I guess) available through shop in basic +1-2 versions. Some short swords for Varn and daggers. But nothing groundbreaking, module is not much on high level enchanted gear until the very end.

Tiny spoiler:
Being to nice and persuasive is not worth it. You'd lose some really good items not only for DLC, but in main campaign too with imported save.

PS If I only could to unsee the thing from the post above

Yosharian

Arcane
A rogue? Ew.

One nice unique Falcata and really good longbow. Everything else (almost I guess) available through shop in basic +1-2 versions. Some short swords for Varn and daggers. But nothing groundbreaking, module is not much on high level enchanted gear until the very end.

Tiny spoiler:
Being to nice and persuasive is not worth it. You'd lose some really good items not only for DLC, but in main campaign too with imported save.

PS If I only could to unsee the thing from the post above
Wait you lose out on nice gear if you're too nice and persuasive??

volklore

Arcane
What gear is that ? I always figured the Falacata, the +4 mithral armor and +4 int profane staff were the best items out of the DLC (There are other great items but those don't really have alternative in the main campaign), all of which you get pretty much no matter what

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I would love to try the game again with Varnold's Lot and Beneath the Stolen Lands (which I haven't played), but I still feel burned out from my first (and only) playthrough. I can't imagine sitting through those endless loading screens again. I have 134 hours on the game and I think half of them were spent on cutscenes (and maybe a quarter on buffing routine).

But maaaaaaaaaaan, just thinking about the possibilities for a full custom party makes my pee pee hard.

Daidre

Arcane
If you miss item in your save it is unavailable in main campaign too.
Big spoilers!
Like neck for +2 profane all mental stats, there is + Perception hat from main quest fight with Centaurus in Sity of Hollow Eyes, boots there too from bandits.
Stat belt with Legendary Proportions cast from secret encounter, crazy bow 3d6 cold + 3 from horse priestess.
All of them are easily missable (you can loot the bow in the very end though even if you not fight her).
Edit: And yes, you are punished with missed loot for avoiding some fights.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
If you miss item in your save it is unavailable in main campaign too.
Big spoilers!
Like neck for +3 profane all mental stats, there is + Perception hat from main quest fight with Centaurus in Sity of Hollow Eyes, boots there too from bandits.
Stat belt with Legendary Proportions cast from secret encounter, crazy bow 3d6 cold + 3 from horse priestess.
All of them are easily missable (you can loot the bow in the very end though even if you not fight her).
Edit: And yes, you are punished with missed loot for avoiding some fights.
Alright well if they're easily missed, can we get some clues on how to avoid missing them? You're saying that they are loot from encounters that can be avoided through persuasion?

Daidre

Arcane
And spoilers again
1. Neck for +2 profane CHA, WIS and INT, -3 STR, DEX, CON. When you free sorceress in last dungeon you need to persuade her to die.
2. + Perception hat drops from last fight with Centaurus in City of Hollow Eyes, you can solve it peacefully. Not this good for main campaign but very useful in DLC.
3. Boots from bandit leader (Improved Invis cast 1/day) in City of Hollow Eyes. You do not lose anything when allying with dragon though.
4. Longbow from Centaur High Priestess. It is 3d6 cold + 3 and debuff on crit. Good replacement for Devourer of Metal in main campaign. Good enough that I made Archer as one of 4 characters. She is useless as an ally, just kill her when you meet her. She also dies at the very end, and you can loot her corpse even on peaceful route.
5. Afair cultist leader should drop something too.
6. There is paladin cloak as puzzle reward in City of Hollow Eyes. +5 all saves for LG, you can spent one smite for Fear Immunity on whole party.
7. Stat belt with short duration Legendary Proportions (iirc +4 str) from secret encounter. Need to dispel curse from the dog in the last dungeon.
8. Falcata +3 hidden behind the secret door with perception check in last dungeon. Start room for portal maze.
9. +4 Mithral plate as reward for full completeion of Portal Maze. It is on corpse next to Anku (spelling?) under the force field.

Sorry I can give exact stats for some items, my DLC save is heavily modded and does not load.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
And spoilers again
1. Neck for +2 profane CHA, WIS and INT, -3 STR, DEX, CON. When you free sorceress in last dungeon you need to persuade her to die.
2. + Perception hat drops from last fight with Centaurus in City of Hollow Eyes, you can solve it peacefully. Not this good for main campaign but very useful in DLC.
3. Boots from bandit leader (Improved Invis cast 1/day) in City of Hollow Eyes. You do not lose anything when allying with dragon though.
4. Longbow from Centaurus High Priestess. It is 3d6 cold + 3 and debuff on crit. Good replacement for Devourer of Metal in main campaign. Good enough that I made Archer as one of 4 characters. She is useless as an ally, just kill her when you meet her. She also dies at the very end, and you can loot her corpse even on peaceful route.
6. There is paladin cloak as puzzle reward in City of Hollow Eyes. +5 all saves for LG, you can spent one smite for Fear Immunity on whole party.
7. Stat belt with short duration Legendary Proportions (iirc +4 str) from secret encounter. Need to dispel curse from the dog in the last dungeon.
8. Falcata +3 hidden behind the secret door with perception check in last dungeon. Start room for portal maze.
9. +4 Mithral plate as reward for full completeion of Portal Maze. It is on corpse next to Anku (spelling?) under the force field.

Sorry I can give exact stats for some items, my DLC save is heavily modded and does not load.
Thanks bro

Shadenuat

Arcane
Finally beaten the :retarded: treantbear. Kinda hard to beat enemy which you have to use True Strike to hit/coupe de grace them when they're flatfooted :M maybe I should stop until they fix that Natural AC bug.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And spoilers again
4. Longbow from Centaur High Priestess. It is 3d6 cold + 3 and debuff on crit. Good replacement for Devourer of Metal in main campaign. Good enough that I made Archer as one of 4 characters. She is useless as an ally, just kill her when you meet her. She also dies at the very end, and you can loot her corpse even on peaceful route.

EDIT:nvm just read your earlier comment, prolly gonna do Varnhold again then
Wait do the bow get imported in the main campaign? I didn't loot the priestess corpse I think and didn't find the bow. When the goblin merchant was available I don't think I see the bow. So you need to actually get the bow in Varnhold for the item to appear on the Goblin or something?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So are we supposed to do the Varnshold DLC before playing the main game? I see you guys talking about items being imported into the main campaign so I'm not sure and to lazy to searth the thread.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
One aspect I dislike about tabletop games converted to CRPGs is the focus on your main character being the party's "face" which gives heavy benefits to playing a charisma-based class.

Yeah, well, its not really true here. 95% of the time you can use Persuasion of other party members. Aaand you can pass nearly all tests yourself with rock bottom Cha - as long as you care to buff it.

Might be true for the late game but certainly not true for the prologue and the first two chapters.

Yeah, boosting your skills high early is trickier (but Tristan + Linzi help a ton!). But you can use the skills of other party members from the start.

Barbarian

Arcane
I went with the "canon" protagonist portrait after all(human flail+board fighter chad), and a build to match. It was annoying to see all those event illustrations depicting him when I played a half-orc anyway.

Is it worthwhile to play Varnhold's Lot before getting far in the main campaign? How much extra content does it actually give you?

Codex Year of the Donut
I went with the "canon" protagonist portrait after all(human flail+board fighter chad), and a build to match. It was annoying to see all those event illustrations depicting him when I played a half-orc anyway.

Is it worthwhile to play Varnhold's Lot before getting far in the main campaign? How much extra content does it actually give you?
So are we supposed to do the Varnshold DLC before playing the main game?
Before playing Varnhold Vanishing. Ideally directly after you complete the “Season of the Bloom” questline.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I must say the megadungeon in roguelike mode is more fun than I expected. Only problem I see is the time it takes to set up a new group every time you restart.

Daidre

Arcane
New patch. Looks like AC stacking bug is fixed.
Update 2.0.2 - June 10, 2019

Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

• Fixed crashing to the main menu when a game over was triggered during the area transition screen because the kingdom was destroyed.
  • Failed to load the saved game on Mac. Resolution: Fixed.
  • When you loaded an autosave, some modifiers were incorrectly applied to enemies multiple times. Resolution: Multiple modifiers are no longer applied. Most extra modifiers have been removed from the game saves that already had this error; however, it may not be possible to clear all the effects completely.
  • Clicking the top right Close icon (X) does not close the window. Resolution: Fixed.
  • The cutscene with Amiri killing the Defaced Sister at Flintrock Grassland failed to start if Amiri was in combat. Resolution: Fixed.
  • Some giant spiders at first levels of Tenebrous Depths had 5 AC more than they were supposed to. Resolution: Fixed.
  • Fixed the DC of spells cast by traps.
  • Now all the items are de-equipped after the respec.
  • Scroll of Death Clutch had an incorrect spell. Resolution: Fixed.
  • Russian version: changed the translation of the Slayer class.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom