Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline BG3 : Rtwp, turn based, action , place your bet!

What do you think baldur's gate 3 will be ?

• Total voters

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
RT won't work smoothly enough with too many options, needing to scroll through your party's spells, etc.

turn based, and fast-paced enough so that other players don't get bored between their turns.
Does not compute. If Tb can be made so fast paced, then RT certainly can too.

Although i agree pause cannot be implemented into the coop.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Turn-Based bitches!

If they don't fuck it up too much with their retarded itemization and trap system, might be pure incline, the best BG we will ever play.

Thal

Prophet
RT won't work smoothly enough with too many options, needing to scroll through your party's spells, etc.

turn based, and fast-paced enough so that other players don't get bored between their turns.
Does not compute. If Tb can be made so fast paced, then RT certainly can too.

Although i agree pause cannot be implemented into the coop.

Fast-paced as in quick animations, spell effects, simple interface. The crucial thing here is that enemies will wait for their own turn, which allows for genuine tactics and teamwork. RT would be a different game, some sort of open world diablo-like.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You list completely different things as detriment to RT - while completely different things would "speed up" TB.
Although both apply to each.

Fast-paced as in quick animations, spell effects, simple interface.
All included into Rt by default.

Im not arguing for RT, btw. Im just saying your argument doesnt make any fucking sense.

Enemies waiting for their turn would make gameplay slow - which somehow is an argument against RT in your post.

Thal

Prophet
You list completely different things as detriment to RT - while completely different things would "speed up" TB.
Although both apply to each.

Fast-paced as in quick animations, spell effects, simple interface.
All included into Rt by default.

Im not arguing for RT, btw. Im just saying your argument doesnt make any fucking sense.

Enemies waiting for their turn would make gameplay slow - which somehow is an argument against RT in your post.

I'm going to try one more time.
RT: Both you and your enemy act simultaneously, which means that whatever move you are trying to do, you are going to have to do it while the enemy mage is trying to fry your balls with a lightning bolt. Didn't hit the right icon? Tough luck. BG1 solved this problem by adding PAUSE, which can't be used now because of MP.
"Fast" Turn-based: Your turn takes 2 seconds - Enemy takes his turn in 2 seconds - Another player is so quick that he takes his turn in 1,5 seconds. If you got to stop to think, then you may take more time, but since you only have 2-4 sensible choices, it won't take long and the 13 year old kid you're playing the game with won't get bored.
They'll make a turn based game that is made so accessible that even a retard can play it. That's my argument.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Thats an entirely different argument they you wrote the first time. And there is also no need to "scroll through your spell list either" thats just how the Ui is set up and that can be changed. You are just forcing and inventing irrelevant stuff to create false reasons why TB is better. It was never about the speed anyway. Its about what kind of system fits better with DnD and which supports the core feature of RPG better.

Besides the point anyway, since if it was TB they wouldnt be hiding it.

And if Rt is the choice they will do it because of possibly better sales, targeted at mass audience.

jungl

Augur
I think they competent enough to do real time. I dont think they going to do turn based. They not going to do witcher or dragon dogma. Why would they? Their turn based game original sin 2 sold a million copies.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Why would they? Their turn based game original sin 2 sold a million copies.

Because Witcher and Skyrim sold even more...

But people actually make a couple good points why it may be TB after all. They might indeed do a Realms of Arkania by combining 1st person exploration and isometric TB combat, though it's of course unlikely.

If the game is party-based, as seems to be confirmed(?), then 3rd person view should not be a possibility.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Honestly have not idea. Just voted RTWP because it seems more friendly to the masses than TB. I expect a camera that is different from the original IE games. If it's like W3 Larian are gonna be dispised more than Bethesda.

Shrimp

Arbiter
If the game is party-based, as seems to be confirmed(?)
Given they've specifically stated that "Gather your party" is their tag line for the game I'd say it's as good as confirmed.
Can you imagine the outrage if it wasn't?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I doubt it will be an action RPG as it would alienate BG fans and Larian fans alike.

Meanwhile, the poll is missing a RtwP & TB Hybrid option. And KC is missing too.

Shrimp

Arbiter

Curratum

What sort of retard made this poll? Have you even read D&D 5e's rules? How do you think this shit can EVER equate to "Dragon Dogma gameplay"?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Oh yay another thread for this game.

I already said my best guess is Dragon Age Origins style engine/functionality but with turn-based combat. I can't see it being RtwP with online co-op, and I can't see them going full action game with it. We shall see though.

Mortmal

Arcane
Given they've specifically stated that "Gather your party" is their tag line for the game I'd say it's as good as confirmed.
"Gather your party" means it will be a multi-player coop online-only game. No single player.

How many characters in the party ? sven wont tell, how multiplayer works ? innovations .Top down like the other games ? we will show...So you might not even be wrong

Mustawd

I think they competent enough to do real time. I dont think they going to do turn based. They not going to do witcher or dragon dogma. Why would they? Their turn based game original sin 2 sold a million copies.

Are you competent enough to speak English? Fucking ESL retards...

Mortmal

Arcane

Are you competent enough to speak English? Fucking ESL retards...
Click on his name and ignore, at this stage there's no point arguing. If i was admin i'd be an awful dictator purging accounts like that.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
"Gather your party" means it will be a multi-player coop online-only game. No single player.

How many characters in the party ? sven wont tell, how multiplayer works ? innovations .Top down like the other games ? we will show...So you might not even be wrong

Another hint: consider also it will be one of the first games delivered through Stadia... If it really will be an online-focused game, I cannot begin to imagine the amount of butthurt it will generate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom