Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Stokowski

Arcane
I always wonder where does this fucking excitement! come from in US. No wonder they are all on calming and sleeping pills half the time.

Because vaccinations caused them to regard advertising as entertainment rather than a terrible annoyance.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The trailer was pretty bad. The issue is that the tone is completely off. It's hard to believe the fathers of Fallout are advertising "you can be good or bad or a psychopath!" as some revolutionary element.

Vulpes

Scholar
Besides the fact that Cain and Boyarsky are working on it, is there any other reason to look forward to this game?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Who wouldn't want a Cain/Boyarski New Vegas with better visuals and technology? Can't be a worse RPG than most of the shit the Codex tends to tolerate.

We have people praising D:OS/2 after all.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looks like diet Cyberpunk.
The graphics are really poor for 2019. What is that, a modded Gamebryo engine? Did you see how pixelated the grass was? The animations look like something we'd expect from Bethesda around the time of Oblivion.

I can only focus on the graphics because that's most of what we see in that trailer.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Looks like diet Cyberpunk.
The graphics are really poor for 2019. What is that, a modded Gamebryo engine? Did you see how pixelated the grass was? The animations look like something we'd expect from Bethesda around the time of Oblivion.

I can only focus on the graphics because that's most of what we see in that trailer.

Plus it looks fucking gaudy, I can't believe anyone thinks that it looks good, are people fucking blind? the usage of colors...just...unbelievable. Looks like those photographs which have been way over blown with HDR.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom