Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Curratum

I hope Keanu was paid out of MSoft's pocket... I can't say I'm happy he's in the game. Smells like an attempt at mass appeal and that never leads to anything good.

sullynathan

Arcane
So that trailer is CGI because the in game graphics looked much worse. Other than that, it looks like GTA again and it's clear that this will launch on the next gen consoles.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The things i'm most curious about from that trailer is that whether the protagonist's friend's death a unavoidable event or decided by your choices during the mission they show in the previous demo.

Because back when they release the 48 minutes demo, they make that character sounds like a important companion(I think they even says you can romance him), and if your decision can leads to a companion's death in the early game I'd say it's a big incline.

Quillon

Arcane
Did that trailer spoiled a possibility(and some more things) on the penultimate mission in the game?

Yosharian

Arcane
Reeves is prolly the second worst globally famous actor, right after Arnold.
Good thing this is a fucking videogame, then. He doesn't have to act, he just has to stand there and look cool for the mocap. Which he's exceptional at, have you seen the training he does for the John Wick movies? Of course they're fucking awful movies, but the action scenes are amazing.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Story and presentation looks great, but that's not a surprise. April date just as I expected, we'll see if it's delayed. Expect a new console upgraded version later I bet. Keanu Reeves seemed half-genuine, which is abnormal, but still a cheesy thing. "We're big time now! Mainstream baby! Hire a celebrity!" It was like 2009 all over again.

himmy

Arcane
qvMWoTD.png

It's already Steam's Top Seller.

Thanks for posting this, I caught that sale on Borderlands 2 and 2.5 because of it.
:thumbsup:

Perkel

Arcane
Interesting to see that while first part was CGI trailer it has shown some proper reactivity.
I feared they when they started to target GTA crowd they would scale down reactivity due to share technicality of those but it seems like i was wrong.

The second real time stuff was fucking insane. It is just like watching the best cyberpunk movie you wished to watch. Their art designers are god tier.

Out of all the celebrities to pick I'm fine with Keanu. He starred in cyberpunk films and is a bonafide rockstar so he can pull off the Silverhand look. Has me wondering about that Lady Gaga rumor if they're throwing money around on celebrities like Keanu.

They got Dance for Emhyr when they were up to their heads with debts to finance TW3.
TW3 sold 20mln+ at this point + who knows how many expansions.

At 20mln sales you are looking at around billion dollars revenue (obviously it is a bit lower due to sales etc but still)
Which means they have enough money to get some top star for every companion if they wish it.
They were rumors about them hiring Lady Gaga to do some work for them and lead music designer hinted that they might hire Daft Punk to make stuff for them.

Either way if they had to go for star power Reeves is the best fit anyone can imagine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom