Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2019 - Official Codex Thread - June 6th to 13th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Dexter

Arcane
8K (HDMI 2.1)
"8K" will probably be a compatibility feature like "You can Stream/Play movies at 8K for your 8K TV or something".

Remember that 4K is 4x1080p and 8K is 16x1080p in pixel count. There are barely any graphics cards out there today on the PC that can render the most graphics intensive games @ 4K/60, there's no way in hell any of these consoles would render any of the games they've shown anywhere close to 8K.

Maybe a Quake or Doom Remake or some 2D-painted games or something.

I LOL'd the most @ Phil Spencer's "This right now, is the single most creative and energizing time in Gaming history." (Let's show you some creatively bankrupt shit and sequels)

Also Yay at Cartoonish Battletoads with no Evil Queen. :roll:

Edit: No wait, she's apparently flying over the screen for a split second:
7qf6gl3n6e331.png

:prosper:

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
We'll see if their crazy spending frenzy is sustainable. They had no choice and needed to leverage their strength in the resurgent PC market to save their console business after the Xbone failure and claim their lot in the streaming market.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Well, none of the big console AAA titles caught my eye. But Flight Simulator made me wet in the pants and there's Outer Worlds, WL3, new SW game with MCA. Minecraft Diablo looked surprisingly fun. And seems new console won't be trash this time.

Not bad overall.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Tales of Arise - A game about rising up.

State of Decay - A black woman seeking her dad.

Halo Infinite - Need to hide, Trump is after me.

Gears of War 5 - Stronk womyn take too much LSD.

Cyberpunk 2077 - When everything fails, lets turn it on Keanu Reeves show.

Wasteland 3 - Did you think Rage 2 was retarded? We can be that too.

Elden Ring - Yo, need to hit this anvil really hard.

Outer Worlds - Best cutting edge lip sync technology since Mass Effect.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, this audience is dead.
You mean, braindead.

Also, the enginers of the new Xbox jizzing all over the fact that it uses SSD made me facepalm so hard. Wow, Welcome to 2015. You are really pushing the envelope.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Granted I'm not a console gamer but that seemed really underwhelming. No real shocking announcements, what was announced didn't really have gameplay footage, and their one big next-gen trailer looked like a UE4 game out right now.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What I found a bit strange that, did they completely change the name of Gears of War 5 to just Gears 5? Because they showed Gears 5 everywhere. What's the purpose of that?

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
The interviewer is also using the "Baldur's Gate was 3.5E" line. Have to find the media agency that briefs these guys and set them straight :argh:

bylam

Funcom
Developer
What I found a bit strange that, did they completely change the name of Gears of War 5 to just Gears 5? Because they showed Gears 5 everywhere. What's the purpose of that?
God of War and Gears of War have been competing for the coveted GoW abbreviation for years.

I suspect Microsoft just gave up.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Alot of cutscenes, not much gameplay. That pretty much sums it up. Keanu was a nice touch.

Wonder how xCloud will work and how much data it will suck. Doubt you can connect to some hotels wifi and have a decent experience on your tablet.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
ID48a3p.jpg

I'm not sure how credible this is since it was posted today and don't know which timezone but looks like Arkane might show their title today. Also:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom