Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Deathloop - first-person action game from Arkane set on a time loop island

Siel

Arcane
Patron
https://bethesda.net/en/game/deathloop

Announced at the 2019 Bethesda Showcase, watch the announcement teaser for “DEATHLOOP,” a first-person action game from Arkane Lyon. “DEATHLOOP” transports players to the lawless island of Blackreef in an eternal struggle between two extraordinary assassins. Explore stunning environments and meticulously designed levels in an immersive gameplay experience that lets you approach every situation any way you like. Hunt down targets all over the island in an effort to put an end to the cycle once and for all, and remember, if at first you don’t succeed… die, die again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Both main leads are black. You'd think this is a nigerean game.

And why are they using Death Proof aesthetics of a damaged film reel in a game called Deathloop?

That looks super fucking intriguing. Not entirely sure what they're going to do with it, but I'm hoping it'll be something like an entire game with the vague gimmick of Prey Mooncrash, where the map is semi-randomized between runs and actions in previous runs can impact future runs and shit. Probably D1P simply because Arkane hasn't made a bad game yet and if they are trying to expand on some of the Mooncrash weirdness that could be really cool.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
toro? was right?

It's not a simulation, it's a deathloop :)

They spoiled the entire game when they named it "Deathloop" but they could not miss the chance considering the unanimous praise for Mooncrash. They simply cannot.

It looks like Prey was their silver lining.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Pass; the gameplay looks boring.

To me the trailer implies an environment (and possibly even story—if any) reminiscent of Valve's Portal; but as a straight up deathmatch with respawns written into the fiction.

Pass

Arkane used to be great—in the pre-Zenimax days; especially for Arx Fatalis.

Sounds like a fun co-op to play
Basically you and your gf try to kill each other other to decide who's doing dishes next week.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Will it be roguelike?

They said designed levels, so it's not randomly generated. Could still have elements of that though, of course. How roguelike it is and how online it is are the questions for me too, since I don't like either. I hate when they announce games and don't even tell you what fucking genre they are.

Israfael

Arcane
Yeah, when I've read about this game while commuting, I was wondering how codex will react. It did not disappoint :salute::lol:
Even more butthurt will come from storyfags, I guess, if they push the mooncrash ideas even harder (as per post-mortem that was posted in Prey thread)

Israfael

Arcane
Probably D1P simply because Arkane hasn't made a bad game yet and if they are trying to expand on some of the Mooncrash weirdness that could be really cool.
It will probably get review-bombed by the anti-nagger crowd and people who want to play "story mode"
They said designed levels, so it's not randomly generated. Could still have elements of that though, of course. How roguelike it is and how online it is are the questions for me too, since I don't like either. I hate when they announce games and don't even tell you what fucking genre they are.
I guess it'd be like Mooncrash - same overall "skeleton" with blocked passages / environment hazards / randomized enemies tossed in. Not so sure if it fits 'big game' mode though, considering how much attention average "gamer" and "journalist" pays to the race, San Andreas is an SJW game story and ignores mechanics / game systems.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom