Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2019 - Official Codex Thread - June 6th to 13th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

SlamDunk

Arcane
MAGNIFICENT
D8pnoatWkAQ7Xvo.png
He said "SoC and the Solid State Drive": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktN4bycj9s&feature=youtu.be&t=127

It's fascinating how many people have heard it wrong, myself included. After first hearing it as "SSD" I thought that Microsoft had made a mistake, but nope.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
So Shinji Mikami is doing survival horror again. Let's see if he's still got it (fingers crossed).

The new DOOM they seeem to still be sticking to the 2016 formula, only this time it has more stuff. More weapons, more enemies, more abilities and guns alterations and more agressive enemies. This in turns means more chaotic battles so thumbs up I guess...
Also the platforming is most likely so that the segments between fights aren't as boring and to change up the pacing of the game.

Metokur's coverage of the event has been pretty fun so far.

The fuck is it with CG trailers and no gameplay footage this year?

Also no DMC5 DLC yet... :dealwithit:

Lemming42

Arcane
The new DOOM looks like it's just another bunch of arenas that lock you in until you beat all the trash mobs with your crappy weak-ass guns while double jumping around like an asshole, exactly like nu-DOOM, except now there's parkour that you just know is gonna malfunction and not let you connect to the wall for no reason. I don't really understand what people see in it or Wolfenstein, they're both emblematic of some of the most annoying and disappointing things in FPS games, and nu-DOOM's combat - despite being the whole focus of the game - is really tedious.

No idea what the fuck was going on with Commander Keen but I'm not gonna pretend like I cared enough about the original games to get worked up over it.

Arkane's new thing looks like it could be interesting. The guy jerking off on stage about "Arkane gameplay" with multiple routes and such sounded promising and the studio's definitely got enough goodwill from Dishonored and Prey to make this worthy of keeping an eye on.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
So zero interesting games so far?

The new Flight Simulator looks awesome. Carrion and The Messenger might be fun when bought on sale.

Cyberpunk 2077 might be fun in a GTAV way.

The outer worlds looks shittier and shittier every time they churn out a new video.

Everything else looks boring

Venser

Erudite
That VR Showcase gave me cancer. I couldn't imagine anyone would make a worse show than Bethesda but they have done it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom