Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Did the website for this vanish?

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
However, I can't record it in OBS Studio (although for some reason OBS Studio is just showing a black screen no matter what I try to record), and Bandicam crashes if I try to record. I can't take screenshots, either. So, no let's play from me, but still good stuff. Thanks for fixing this problem, now everyone should be able to play Teudogar!

I managed to record it using 64bit OBS Studio. Use the "Audio Output Capture" and "Display Capture" sources. Then from dgVoodoo2's panel the Appearance tab set to "Windowed" and Miscellanneous has all checkboxes checked. In the DirectX tab, under the "Behavior" both checkboxes are not checked. Also the settings i mentioned previously (scaling mode, fast video memory access, etc).

Before launching the game, run OBS but do not record (otherwise you will get one frame every few seconds or so, making it more of a slideshow). After you launch the game it'll start in a stretched fullscreen window but once you move the mouse around a bit it'll switch to a centered window. Alt+Tab to OBS, start recording, Alt+Tab back to the game and press Alt+Enter to enter fullscreen mode (this time it will be in 4:3 stretched).

Here is a test capture i made (also contains the instructions i mentioned above):

hans_af_claes

Novice
Hah, just finished the game (for the 4th time) thanks to this thread. Why do I replay old games even? I've finished so many old games that it's a bit ridiculous :roll:

Great find by BadSector using dgVoodoo2; will definitely add that to my tweaking arsenal.

It is also possible to run the game 'stretched' if you dislike the blackbox widescreen space. Unticking 'vertical sync' removed a pretty detrimental freeze that I never encountered when playing the game several years ago. Played those settings and didn't encounter any real problems when running through the entire game (visiting every location etc). Also press '0' for instructions on how to reconfigure your action menu (left) when starting a new game. Anyway hope you have fun running through this gem!

:mca:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom