Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Studio FOW's Subverse - Explore a wacky galaxy full of hot alien babes! - now on Early Access

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Name: Reeeeee
Type: Lava Planet
Description: A small, mishapen lava planet inhabited by barely intelligent humanoids who take delight in their own suffering and seek to spread this suffering to other civilizations. Waifu must be rescued from the oppressive regime so that she learns there is more to life than puritanical self hatred.

;)

Last edited:

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Derelict Ship sounds coolest to me. We could call it: HMS Game Journalist Integrity.

My thought was a Derelict Ship going by the name of: (The) Glory of Codexia

Some might say maybe even as a metaphor for the derelict glory of the codex.
Those, saying this, are of course heretics!

But I like your idea more. :cool:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I feel that naming something "Codexia" in the game is somewhat lacking in subtlety. Not enough inside jokes and lulz. I like the way it was done in PoE, an exclusive equip-the-ring club. You felt in on the joke, yet it was still embedded in the world.

So if we're going to name a ship or a company, I suggest the Greg Martin Enterprise.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm going with Ismaul's.

Name to be included in the credits:
rpgcodex.net
Discord tag (ie LadyStorm#0069):
donthaveonelol
What type of body in space are you looking to create?:
Moon
IF planet, what type of color scheme? (Things like Lava color, water color, gas color can be changed...):
Skin-colored (white-pink), while its open Crater is red.
Give your planet/etc a description (lore):
Codexia Majoris is known for the precious substance that is found deep in its Crater, which its native inhabitants, the trolls, call Butthurt. The trolls have mounted a sprawling harvesting enterprise to extract a maximum of Butthurt from the Crater, since they cannot live without it, and have made a killing exporting it. The substance's invigorating properties have made it a prized luxury in certain sections of the Subverse. As a result, many have tried to take control of the Butthurt production, but with no success: the fumes released by the Crater are so toxic they can only be survived by the trolls whose red skin has adapted to it. But eons of industrious Butthurt harvesting have enlarged the Crater and caused it to be unstable. It is now kept open only by means of a continuous stream of fistings straight into the Crater's core to balance out the Butthurt extraction. The trolls believe that one day the Great Brolapse will turn the Crater inside out, engulfing everything and everyone into shit.
Additional requests(Rings around gas planets, glowing atmosphere..):
Natural formations surround the Crater that look like hands holding the Crater open.
Last but not least, give your creation a name!:
Codexia Majoris
Responded on May 22 2019.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm going with Ismaul's.

Name to be included in the credits:
rpgcodex.net
Discord tag (ie LadyStorm#0069):
donthaveonelol
What type of body in space are you looking to create?:
Moon
IF planet, what type of color scheme? (Things like Lava color, water color, gas color can be changed...):
Skin-colored (white-pink), while its open Crater is red.
Give your planet/etc a description (lore):
Codexia Majoris is known for the precious substance that is found deep in its Crater, which its native inhabitants, the trolls, call Butthurt. The trolls have mounted a sprawling harvesting enterprise to extract a maximum of Butthurt from the Crater, since they cannot live without it, and have made a killing exporting it. The substance's invigorating properties have made it a prized luxury in certain sections of the Subverse. As a result, many have tried to take control of the Butthurt production, but with no success: the fumes released by the Crater are so toxic they can only be survived by the trolls whose red skin has adapted to it. But eons of industrious Butthurt harvesting have enlarged the Crater and caused it to be unstable. It is now kept open only by means of a continuous stream of fistings straight into the Crater's core to balance out the Butthurt extraction. The trolls believe that one day the Great Brolapse will turn the Crater inside out, engulfing everything and everyone into shit.
Additional requests(Rings around gas planets, glowing atmosphere..):
Natural formations surround the Crater that look like hands holding the Crater open.
Last but not least, give your creation a name!:
Codexia Majoris
Responded on May 22 2019.
At least do it a lava planet.

RickOmbo

Learned
Yeah, that's the way. Sure everyone will agree, that it's a best investment if you want to spite all those feminist witches.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Dev Diary #1 - Laying the Pipework
3ba1a2191d5ee6c74bafb08e620e1080_original.png

Posted by FOW InteractiveCreator

DEV DIARY ISSUE 1
Hello pervs and welcome to our new Dev Diary series, where we'll be detailing some of the behind the scenes stuff during the making of everyone's favorite space RPG fuckfest.

I'll try and keep the techno-babble to a minimum and make this a fun and brief overview of what we've been working on. We'll aim to have a diary on the 14th and 28th of each month so this will be a fortnightly affair! I'm DC the creative director of the project, and I'll be walking you through everything this week.

POST CAMPAIGN

All the souls have been collected inside Fow-Chan's jar, and we're happy to report that most of you made it intact...for those that didn't, never fear - you can still support Subverse when we launch on Steam, so even if you're not interested in playing an Early Access game you can support the devs' pizz addiction that way.

We've sent out the surveys and most of you have responded, but some of you have not, so please check your emails that you signed up with as there may something waiting for you in there! I noticed there's a massive number of Curious Colonists - you guys are gonna have to bear with us until we get through it all sometime next month.

Keys are on the way! We've been in touch with Steam support about sending out a large volume of keys and we hope to be pressing the giant red button very soon. Fow-Chan and her team will be handling the key allocation so you're in good hands.

RECRUITMENT DRIVE

Recruitment is under way! We've already begun filling positions for key artist personnel. Keep in mind that the final team size will be around 12 people, half of those being part-timers so it's still a tiny dev team and we're being careful about recruiting the right personnel. The primary thing I'm looking for as a Director when it comes to artists is attitude - I'm already getting price hikers sniffing around, trying to haggle overpriced rates because we've had a successful Kickstarter - these always go straight in the bin in favor of somebody who is showing me they're willing to be a part of this historic project at any cost.

Next month we'll be recruiting for dev positions so if you have extensive UE4 experience (no interns or "this will be my summer job" types please...) then keep an eye out for announcements regarding those. Once again, please be prepared to work and to work diligently - StudioFOW may be a team of degenerate neckbeards but we're also extremely hard workers - classic 90's crunch culture is the norm around here!

Casting calls for some of the roles have been sent out and our casting catgirl Samine is working super hard on getting a great cast together for the rest of the important roles. Hardcore fans will be pleased to know that you'll also be hearing the return of some StudioFOW favorites from our old movies to bring these babes to life!

For the rest of the positions we'll be doing our usual headhunting which has worked extremely well for the studio in the past, so hopefully it does so again. We'll be introducing all the new members just before Early Access drops!

The Mangaka lineup has also turned into somewhat of an All-Star team, more on that next time!

CAMPAIGN SCOPE

Now that Kickstarter has closed, we'll be posting over on Steam as well (if you haven't seen us, be sure you've enabled Adult Content in your Steam preferences) and trying to keep a more active presence over there. That's not to mean you can't follow dev diaries on Kickstarter, we're just trying to keep it posted on multiple fronts for visibility. We've also had a lot of requests for curator copies and such but please request these closer to the early access date, we're not giving out curator keys at this stage or press copies to anybody whilst we still have backer keys to handle. Supporters are the priority, not curators.

The byproduct of all the milestones being smashed also means the scope of the game has slightly increased, which means we were hard at work this month expanding the script, animation pool, and doing general code cleanups to facilitate a couple of new modules. We've greatly enjoyed this process because we get to make the game we intend to, so getting Subverse into full gear is going to be really fun! The budget will also allow us to put an extra shine on certain things, which you perverts will no doubt enjoy... and also enable me to partake in some good old fashioned directorial wankery, like giant dick-laser space battles and a turtle with three ballsacks strapped to its chin.

Concerning the Boin Boin/Whale tiers, a lot of you haven't replied to these yet so please check your Kickstarter messages! I don't want you to miss out on these and we do have a time limit so get those requests in!

Due to the expanded scope, we'll also be a little more conservative with our media/video strategy. We don't want to blow our load too early by showing stuff that's not ready - and the game is changing rapidly each week so we'll probably settle a bit before drip feeding some hype stuff out on Youtube. I have some ideas on how to give the waifus a bit more limelight and it's gonna be awesome.

ELAISHA

Oh yeah, have a slutty space-elf!

502cb656976c04e13cc57848f65f2090_original.jpg

oregano12

Educated
They really should have made it clear that only tiers above £20 received a survey because now their comment section is being flooded with people desperately saying they didn't receive a survey yet.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Dev Diary #2 - Keys Heading Out!

f0ff8d2b63373fc19f92257107090ff4_original.png

Hello everyone,

It's been a busy two weeks here at the studio - I'm back to my usual 80-hour a week schedule, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, no days off - trying to organize everything across the studio and getting the last of the new pre-production duties out of the way. As a director you have to work these kinds of hours and lead by example otherwise you really cannot ask the same of your team when the going gets tough. Burn-out is not really an issue since it's an honor to work on such an amazing project, but I hope to dial it back a bit once production gets into full swing and departments become self-sufficient.

Here's a rundown of what we've been doing since the last update:

SCRIPT

We've expanded the game from a 3-chapter game to a 10+ chapter game, so a lot of the ending and third act is still a work in progress - but we've made amazing progress on the script so far and we're on course to have it ready for recording well ahead of time. We're also in the process of headhunting an additional writer to help with the onboard dialogue sequences. This new writer will take a bit of weight off Kristoff and myself in terms of the writing load. We also hope the new writer will vary it up with a more feminine tone as well, instead of the usual testosterone-fueled fuckery.

8d71772bd99913084b1da9768677d395_original.png

MODELING

The Mantic bestiary is expanding by the day, and thanks to the hard work of Dzung and his team alongside our new modeler, we have alien dicks galore! We're also cleaning up some of the existing models and making them more consistent with our art direction. Anything else we don't have time for will be supplemented by buying them off the trusty Unreal Marketplace and corrupting them, in true StudioFOW fashion.

649a3b1faf503601ccbc38e9bf125716_original.png

WAIFUS

Elaisha is getting finished up rigging-wise (the hair is fucking insane) and she'll be all good to go next week. Dzung and Portsman are working on the outfit for the next waifu so we're well on schedule here. The Smenchkin, whilst not a waifu (thank god) is also going to be ready by the end of June. I cant wait to share some screenshots of this critter with you guys

9d3393bd53998f652fcd33396f3ec818_original.png

CLOUD

We've synced our cloud storage and updated our github repository to make sure its production-ready for the devs. We have a new chain of command established for ferrying assets across as well as complete backup system to prevent any mishaps when Manski's obese, 20kilo monster of a cat chews on our cables.

DOCUMENTATION

Basic documentation is now in place for the new devs coming onboard - this will enable them to get their bearings quicker as well as be a point of reference for the team internally. We hope to expand the documentation in the coming weeks.

ANIMATION

The animators are pleased to be experiencing the full power of DEMI's butthole. Very pleased.

KEYS

Steam keys are now being sent out in waves, over 30,000 of you have already activated your copies which is awesome. If for some reason you don't receive a key - check your spam/junk folder. Then double check it again. Then triple-check it. 99% of the time the keymail is in your spam folder, 1% of the time it's an actual error. Keep in mind we send keys to the email address associated with your Kickstarter account. If by chance you do have an actual problem please email fowchan@streembit.com with your issue and she will sort it out for you.

CINEMATICS

I've just returned from a crazy, 3-day storyboarding session in London where we sketched out about 300 shots for the new cinematics that were added as part of the Kickstarter goal. These cinematics are going to be kickass in every sense of the word, and will make you all proud to be supporting the game.

2daeaed17ec0dbac8e695e86944e370a_original.png

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Dev Diary #3 - Swelling the Ranks

Dev Diary #3
Hi everyone,

It’s been another busy two weeks at StudioFOW so it’s time to update you all again on the progress on Subverse.

A lot of very talented artists are working together on this project and they are all contributing across multiple fields. It's great to see the passion for the game is strong, although the waifus probably have something to do with that...

Studio 69

The new member of the team, WTX, has joined forces with Portsman and Rocky to create our Studio 69 club level for the VIP Kickstarter backers. Right now the geometry is in place and the props are being finalized, you can see the basic layout below. After we finish some texture touch-ups we will set-dress the build and start an optimization pass inside UE4. Note that set dressing may include the Smenchkin jizzing all over that nice coffee table. The Captain and your waifu of choice will occupy the couch, while the jukebox takes up the left of the screen. The center is for the stripper tube, which is still conceptual at this stage.

87c9e1266fe80f54a5e52bbccb002312_original.png

Smenchkin

Yes, this disgusting little critter is ready as promised in the roadmap. You can view him in all his unholy glory below. The Smenchkin will be a pet exclusive to certain Kickstarter backers nutty enough to pledge for it - and now he will nut all over your Captains Quarters.

edf6e20f2260308398d2e6656dc4673a_original.png

Next Waifu

Our neckbeard blacksmiths are hard at work forging the armor of this next waifu...it's not ready until it can withstand the force of a space dragon's dick

1b06d7804b7f5824d45d8f4568b24bcc_original.png

Texture Artistry

We've enlisted the help of additional texture wizards to fill out some of the gaps in the library. We'll be using these across the game in various ground combat and cinematic levels.

feb748389fa9c2df6913c741cd349f70_original.png

Keys

I'm pleased to report that 99.6% of all keys have been successfully delivered thanks to the hard work of Fow-Chan and our server guys. If for some reason you don't have a key, once again, check your spam folder, and then email fowchan@streembit.com or go on our Discord and open a ticket.

Programming

The programming team has put in the hard yards over the past week working on the space combat module and progression systems, including laying the groundwork for future outfits via the Locker Room, and tweaking the enemy wave spawners for some of the more exotic boss fights. The guys have a lot to get through in 2019 so they will be needing some assistance. As such, the job posting for the Senior Unreal 4 Developer is now live. I have to say some of the applicants so far have been pretty poor - if you have the balls to ask for $200,000 a year then at least read the fucking job posting. Wasting our time not knowing what game you're even applying for is a pretty bad first impression to make.

Curious Colonist

If you happen to be in this tier (£250 and above) please note that there is a cutoff point on July 14th for submitting your planet requests. At this point if you have not responded to your survey (check Kickstarter) then you will forfeit this reward, as we have to start implementing these planets into the game.

Epic Games Store

Just kidding.

-DC

Vulpes

Scholar
Wait a second, there are people on this site who helped fund this cuckshit? :lol::lol::lol:
Oh, man, now I can't wait for this game to get released.
Anyone who was expecting this to be Mass Effect with porn is in for a rude awakening, while I will experience unimaginable amounts of schadenfreude from watching all the reactions coming from these dumb gullible backers, ranging from disappointment to outright autistic screeching
:positive:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Wait a second, there are people on this site who helped fund this cuckshit? :lol::lol::lol:
Oh, man, now I can't wait for this game to get released.
Anyone who was expecting this to be Mass Effect with porn is in for a rude awakening, while I will experience unimaginable amounts of schadenfreude from watching all the reactions coming from these dumb gullible backers, ranging from disappointment to outright autistic screeching
:positive:
Mass effect does not have turn based combat so nobody expects it to be as bad as ME.

Vulpes

Scholar
Mass effect does not have turn based combat so nobody expects it to be as bad as ME.
I'm talking about the gameplay, but the premise. You're not gonna be flying around space and dicking every alien you come across. Instead it's gonna be more like Pokemon where you're trying to collect and tame as many monsters as you can

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm talking about the gameplay, but the premise. You're not gonna be flying around space and dicking every alien you come across. Instead it's gonna be more like Pokemon where you're trying to collect and tame as many monsters as you can

No one thinks they are you absolute moron. Do you actually think you are educating us? I thought you were trolling

Vulpes

Scholar

No one thinks they are you absolute moron. Do you actually think you are educating us? I thought you were trolling
So everybody here already knows that the game is basically gonna be Pokemon with beastiality and NTR? Well, that's a first. Most places I see mention this game think it's gonna be a vanilla dating simulator with some elements of XCOM thrown in

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom