Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Chad Malkavian vs Virgin Ventrue
D8tz0r8WkAAxfMS
I'm going with a boring Tremere.

I played Ventrue on my second go around, so maybe I'll do that for nostalgia's sake. Where's my fucking Gangrel at tho?

Game looks surprisingly good graphically. Facil animations a bit stiff, tho.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Ok, the extended version of the gameplay trailer actually looks promising. I still don't like the music though. But the rest looks ok for now.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
GAME INFO

In Q1 2020, this city will bleed you dry. Descend into Seattle’s dark heart, feed your power - and survive the vampire elite.

layer-1.jpg

layer-5.png

layer-6.png

layer-7.png

story-half-graveyard.jpg
VICTIM OF THE MASS EMBRACE

THROWN INTO A DARK, UNFORGIVING WORLD.

Enter the night as one of several humans inexplicably attacked in a Mass Embrace, suddenly thrown into the dangerous and ruthless vampire politics of Seattle. Tensions between the factions in Seattle are at an all-time high, and this unsanctioned attack throws the status quo into chaos. An inquest is called in order to get to the bottom of the mystery, and you’re the star witness… whether you like it or not..

FEED YOUR POWER,
OWN THE NIGHT.

COMBAT
Take on your foes through first perspective combat. Wield a range of melee weapons and firearms, but in the end: You are the ultimate weapon!

ReactiveStory1-wej73f.jpg

REACTIVE STORYTELLING

CHOICES MATTER.

Written by Brian Mitsoda, the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 reacts to your every choice in a narrative where different paths, and outcomes, abound. Your human background, the Thinblood discipline you choose, the fullblood clan you join, the faction you align with and how you maintain your humanity as a vampire all affect your playthrough.

BLOOD IN THE STREETS

CONTROL THE BLOOD.

As one of the few free agents in town, you will choose a side and play an important role in the factional war to control the blood trade. But can your allies answer why you were made, who’s pulling the strings, and who your real enemies are? Or will you be more concerned with what you can do to get ahead among the vampire elite? The choice is yours.

THE MASQUERADE

SOMES RULES ARE UNBREAKABLE.

You don’t break The Masquerade. To ensure survival, Kindred must keep their existence secret to humans - and The Prince of Seattle is sure to deal with any breach.

DISCIPLINES

UNLOCK YOUR FULL KINDRED POTENTIAL.

Choose one of three starting Thinblood disciplines and discover your full power when you choose your fullblood clan and get two additional disciplines. Read about the playable clans to learn more about their powers.

HeightenedSense1-nknqh2.jpg

HEIGHTENED SENSES
Enhance your vision and hearing to reveal hidden objects and discover the secrets of the Seattle night.

Feeding1-ljxjxs.jpg

FEEDING

IN THE END, IT ALL COMES BACK TO BLOOD.

As a vampire, you don't feed to survive; you live to feed. Whether you prefer your blood roiling with Pain, hot with Rage, thick with Delirium; whether you prefer your victims to be in Fear or your partner to be in the throes of Desire: The Resonances of your victims shapes what kind of vampire you become. Be without it for too long and you will inevitably descend into Frenzy to get hold of it.

SEATTLE

A CITY RUN ON BLOOD

From its founding, Seattle has been run by vampires. In Bloodlines 2, you will stalk your prey across Seattle’s districts - faithfully reimagined in the World of Darkness. Meet the old blood founders present since the city’s birth and the new blood steering the tech money which is rapidly redefining the city. Everyone has hidden agendas - so choose your allies wisely.

Find your place among competing factions, each with their own unique traits and stories, in the war for Seattle’s blood trade. The world will judge you by the company you keep, but remember: no one’s hands stay clean forever.

Last edited:

GloomFrost

Arcane
Well it looks slightly better then Outer worlds BUT i just dont know man... Too early to say at this point but unless the walkthrough really is different for different clans and the writing is the same level as the first game this is just another human revolution/dishonored with vampires. Oh also graphic are pretty mediocre, showed too much melee but not enough of disciplines, shooting,dialogues or stealth.

S.torch

Arbiter
S.torch Very nice, though it's funny that you say the most masculine of them is the one that "finally" looks like a woman. Curious.

More masculine than the one with the short hair? doubt it. anyway, that piercing looks a bit ugly

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
JMx2Qla.png

Maybe it's just the camera angle, but there's something really off about that NPC model's proportions in this shot.

Reader

Scholar
First they threw out Jack in exchange for this parody of a man.
Then they presented the girl whose shalowness is on par with prostitute npc from vtmb1. So i guess we won't see such gorgeous characters like Vandal, Mr. Ox, Chunk etc.
And i'm quite suspicious about price. In my country pre order's cost is around $16, which is half of usual, so i bet the game will be really short and small.
it looks slightly better then Outer worlds
TOW will be closest game to vtmb1 since Boyarsky is making it.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Daily reminder for a vampire fiction to feel right, whether book, movie or game, the aspect of the vampires being corpses that are unnaturally kept undead by unholy means of sucking life force needs to be emphasised. If your vampires are blood superheroes that do not seem, feel or aren't reacted to as undead that masks this it is shit. So it should be like the older folk tales and fiction, not the new vampire tv series where they have no difference with a living human except they drink blood.

Vibalist

Arcane
The dialogue seems very expository and gamey. "Go here, do that, use whatever method (clearly refering to the combat/stealth/dialogue trifecta), we will give you this reward". I don't remember NPC's talking like that in the first game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom