Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The mentioned concept art
3h3GO5A.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Dark Fantasy + DS combat + RPG elements + openworld + Food Lore from the fat dwarf ... I cannot wait to whine about it and then finish it 3 times in a row :)

Edit: I knew I forgot about something. Any info on invasions?

Didnt really feel anything from the trailer
Felt as generic and cheesy as ds1's garbage intro.

Zwanzig zwoleif did an excellent copypasta of that which pretty much describes my predictions for this game.

Another souls game with a tinge of wiener

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I wonder how the open world with dungeons will work. Despite being unfinished, Dragon's Dogma did it very well, but usually Open worlds are boring, with too much copy paste or emptiness.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Why is Sekiro's hand in Elder Ring? Why is Seven Ashina Spears there as well?

Joking aside this looks like a straight Dark Souls sequel and it will be released probably in March 2021.

Dark Souls 3 development started in 2013, it was first teased in 2015 and it was released in March 2016.

Sekiro's development started in 2015, it was first teased in 2017 and it was released in March 2019.

According to Miyazaki - "Development for Elden Ring started just after development for the Dark Souls 3 DLC had ended" which indicated something like March 2017 for development start. Also he said that "It is without a doubt our biggest title yet in terms of sheer volume." therefore I would go with 4 years instead of 3 years for development.

So, Elder Ring's development started in 2017, it was first teased yesterday and it will probably be released in March 2021.

Sounds about right?

Deflowerer

Arcane
Late 2020 at best, yeah, given that there isn't even any gameplay trailer right now. Bet next E3 will be the gameplay and release date reveal trailer.

Hopefully Armored Core is on TGS this year or E3 next year.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So, Elder Ring's development started in 2017, it was first teased yesterday and it will probably be released in March 2021.

"we were tired of making souls like" - From after releasing DS3
"we were already making the next souls like after DS3 dlc" - From 2019

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
With the status and fanbase they have now they could make a great success with a polished Armored Core.

Instead we get another soulslike, which I love, but 3rd person mecha action game with great customization, now they have the money to make it great, is a dream after so many souls games.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I wonder how the open world with dungeons will work.

There are many definitions to the term “open world,” and I might not be phrasing it correctly, but we have simply tried our own approach to a game with a large, open field to play in.
It is a world full of danger and threats, as well as many areas ripe for exploration.
Among those areas, you will also find intricately designed, multi-layered castles and such.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Do you think they are ever going to make another game that isn't a reskinned Dark Souls?

Yes!

Due to this, the scale of the world and its narrative, as well as the depth and freedom of exploration have increased dramatically. It is without a doubt our biggest title yet in terms of sheer volume.

We wanted to create a new dark fantasy action RPG full of things that we weren’t able to do in the Dark Souls series.

Gerrard

Arcane
In before:
  • "Bonfires"
  • Respawning enemies
  • YOU DIED
  • Poison swamp
  • Gigantic gimmick boss
  • """Difficulty"""
E: I forgot
  • DEEPEST LORE told through item descriptions

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I wonder how the open world with dungeons will work. Despite being unfinished, Dragon's Dogma did it very well, but usually Open worlds are boring, with too much copy paste or emptiness.

Dragon's Dogma is the epitome of boring, empty world space.

I wouldn't say the epitome, there are much worse open worlds. Also that due to the fact DD is an unfinished game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom