Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
JMx2Qla.png

Maybe it's just the camera angle, but there's something really off about that NPC model's proportions in this shot.

Her neck seems *conveniently* elongated.

GloomFrost

Arcane
First they threw out Jack in exchange for this parody of a man.
Then they presented the girl whose shalowness is on par with prostitute npc from vtmb1. So i guess we won't see such gorgeous characters like Vandal, Mr. Ox, Chunk etc.
And i'm quite suspicious about price. In my country pre order's cost is around $16, which is half of usual, so i bet the game will be really short and small.
it looks slightly better then Outer worlds
TOW will be closest game to vtmb1 since Boyarsky is making it.
Boyarsky also worked on Diablo 3. Was it just like VMTB?

Vidik

Novice
Maybe it's just the camera angle, but there's something really off about that NPC model's proportions in this shot.
oPmyLTl.jpg

Seriously, faces look meh and their eyes are empty and dead (in a bad way)

I know it's hard to judge by one video but still, where is that shine from the original?
r7xw4jt.jpg

All Unreal and Unity games look the same.

Vincente

Arbiter
The dialogue seems very expository and gamey. "Go here, do that, use whatever method (clearly refering to the combat/stealth/dialogue trifecta), we will give you this reward". I don't remember NPC's talking like that in the first game.

I'm sure LaCroix talked like that a lot when he gave you the briefing about Dane and Grout's mansion, no?

Vibalist

Arcane
Yeah, but it was masked better.

EDIT: And actually, most of the time he would tell you every path wasn't open to you, like combat being prohibited in the Elizabeth Dane mission. I like that kinda stuff, where games sometimes makes a path less optimal if it makes sense in the story.

Modern RPG's don't embrace this philosophy, instead they make each path equally viable in every situation, thus diminishing their uniqueness.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The alpha "gameplay demo" looks and feels like a Q1 2020 release is fabulously optimistic.

Q3 2020 is more likely by the looks of things.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The face and hairstyle, but not the piercing, look weirdly similar to a girl I used to want to screw when I was in university. I did, until I found out she was batshit crazy.

Anyway, the animations looked rather stiff, but I have a feeling I will like the writing.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope they do improve upon the facial animations. They are just bad, you won't get bloodlines1 quality okay but at least make it industry standard.
This is very strange when you compare it to the Christina Hendricks character from the first footage.

AwesomeButton

Patron
The face and hairstyle, but not the piercing, look weirdly similar to a girl I used to want to screw when I was in university. I did, until I found out she was batshit crazy.
you could be an immortal vampire rn
In the words of Tony Soprano: "Who wants the fucking job?" Also, eternity with a crazy woman...

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the voice acting in this trailer is super shit? It is like they picked some randos off the street to read those lines.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the voice acting in this trailer is super shit? It is like they picked some randos off the street to read those lines.
HOW DARE YOU INSULT OUR LORD ROMERO's VOICE

The Kids Voice is annoying as hell... Has this happy go lucky feel that does not go with the setting they are trying to build.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom