Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Commander Keen mobile game from Bethesda - thankfully cancelled

Wunderbar

Arcane
qwqxdqO.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Just giving this to some indie developer would be much more respectable than this. (Wise if it's an indie developer with good platformer games under their belt.)

Morkar Left

Bethesda getting desperate? And like Blizzard 10 years behind actual gaming business...

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ROASTIE KEEN BULLSHIT I DECLARE FATWA ON BETHESDA :mob:

Although for a more reasonable stance, it's a game for kids. As were the originals. Yes, they could've made an actual Keen platformer and it'd still be a kids game, but platformers are probably for decrepit old men like myself these days anyway and actual kids watch 20somethings stream themselves playing mobile games and oh god now I want to die

lightbane

Arcane
If it wasn't mobile crap it would have been passable, at best, but this is a deal-breaker. Also, not related to this game, but fuck whoever broke Battletoads' Dark Queen design with a bloody CalArts equivalent.

Thankfully this game is not canon, we know how Commander ended up in his adulthood:

Episode_58_-_The_Ruin_of_Roib.png

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I have no idea what the target audience for this game is. People who played and grew up with Commander Keen obviously want a game like the originals while youngsters have never heard of it and just see another typical F2P mobile game with a cutesy rehashed artstyle. Also, it takes talent to fuck up the Dopefish.
Like Tom Hall I do like the new Doom and Wolfenstein games but this one? What were they thinking?

Swigen

Arbiter
I used to play Commander Keen along with Crystal Caves and the old Duke Nukems. This looks pretty bullshit. What’s the point of even calling it Commander Keen, only old farts will take notice and none of ‘em are gonna like this shit.

Silentstorm

Learned
Oh boy, a new Commander Keen game, i loved those when i was youn...it's a mobile game?

Well, maybe it's one of the very few mobile games that don't suck, let me just watch the trailer before judging it and...yeah, no, that looks like a generic mobile F2P game, it doesn't even look like a freaking Commander Keen game!

Who the hell is going to play this crap!?

Commander Keen fans want another game that isn't on mobile and is more similar to, you know, the rest of the franchise, and kids won't recognize Commander Keen anyways, so this is just a waste of time and money.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
The only good thing to come out of this is the Youtube likes-dislikes ratio. That's a good ratio. Gives me hope for humanity.

Until the next Fallout game trailer comes out, that is.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
How do you not make a Mega Man 11 or Sonic Mania style platformer out of it. Not that it would necessarily be good either, but it would at least make sense.

m_s0

Arcane
Whales don't bite on Mega Man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom