Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, holy shit finaly DBZ RPG after years of waiting

Silentstorm

Learned
What about Attack Of The Saiyans?

Last i checked, that was a DBZ RPG that people seemed to actually like, and the one RPG game where you could have Yamcha deal a lot of damage to enemies, even Broly, if you gave him the right items, granted, Goku and Gohan were better characters, but it's not all games that allow Yamcha to be a damage dealing powerhouse.

Codex Year of the Donut

Last i checked, that was a DBZ RPG that people seemed to actually like, and the one RPG game where you could have Yamcha deal a lot of damage to enemies, even Broly, if you gave him the right items, granted, Goku and Gohan were better characters, but it's not all games that allow Yamcha to be a damage dealing powerhouse.
It released over 10 years ago.

Okagron

Prophet

Yeah, it was actually a pretty solid game, shame it never got a sequel. Beating Broly with a party of Yamcha, Krillin and Tenshinhan was honestly amazing.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
boy i can't wait to see all those story arcs for the 9 billionth time.
This does have that, but more importantly you can take sidequests from Dragon Ball characters like Android 8 and what-not and I think that's just neat.

I'm hoping like Latro said, for a lot more what-if and side-stories they can pack in. The world Dragon Ball has is very charming.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't remember what they do now, but I figured out which cards were good just by observing battle results when I was a kid playing it.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
ohh a I missed it had an update to its translation!
I remember well when i had the 2nd playthough (and had better understanding the cards) Goku wasn't late at Nappa's fight with the Z fighters in the play trough.

Silentstorm

Learned
i like what-if arcs
Hopefully they do some of that, honestly, Xenoverse had some great premises for a Dragon Ball RPG that were instead used for a mediocre fighting game.

But, if i have to be honest, i would rather see a Shounen Jump RPG, i mean, we've had some fighting game crossovers, RPG's are popular, so why the heck we haven't gotten a Dragon Ball/Naruto/One Piece and various other series RPG is beyond me.

You pratically only need to have some mooks and specific villains from some series, and you could get away with only having the main character of some series appearing and not that many people would care, just saying, i would gladly pay money for even a mediocre RPG that lets me play with a party composed of Goku, Kenshiro, Yusuke and Gintoki.

Hassar

Scholar
i like what-if arcs
Hopefully they do some of that, honestly, Xenoverse had some great premises for a Dragon Ball RPG that were instead used for a mediocre fighting game.

But, if i have to be honest, i would rather see a Shounen Jump RPG, i mean, we've had some fighting game crossovers, RPG's are popular, so why the heck we haven't gotten a Dragon Ball/Naruto/One Piece and various other series RPG is beyond me.

You pratically only need to have some mooks and specific villains from some series, and you could get away with only having the main character of some series appearing and not that many people would care, just saying, i would gladly pay money for even a mediocre RPG that lets me play with a party composed of Goku, Kenshiro, Yusuke and Gintoki.

Heck, put Sailor Moon and her senshi, Ranma, Inu Yasha, and other favorites in a massive crossover so Sailor Venus, Vegeta, Shampoo, and Gotham can wreck some face as a team. I’d be down for that. The manga versions of the sailor senshi are lethal - their attacks are called Certain Kill Techniques for a reason.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
ofc sailor senshi are deadly, there is no more lethal weapon to man than what's between a woman's legs

Silentstorm

Learned
I would also be down with the first martial arts shounen series which introduced elements like Power Levels before Dragon Ball or Hokuto No Ken would appear as well.

Talking, of course, about Kinnikuman, everyone's favorite alien prince raised on Earth who learned the ancient deadly art known as wrestling and fought against demons and Gods themselves with wrestling skills, and i am not just saying this because i want to see Kinnikuman doing something like picking Aizen and doing a combo of moves on his ass.

Nope, that is not it at all...and yes, i know Suguru has much stronger moves later on.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So sort of an rpg of the tv series. Not like you can join Frieza or toss Gohan into the sun.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ohh a I missed it had an update to its translation!
I remember well when i had the 2nd playthough (and had better understanding the cards) Goku wasn't late at Nappa's fight with the Z fighters in the play trough.

That's because you did better the 2nd time when Goku was training in heaven, and it scares the fuck shit out of me to even remember that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom