Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Wunderbar

Arcane
What's more impressive on the facial animations front is that CDPR didn't even mocap their shit, it was an engine algorithm they developed.
unfortunately, the algorithm wasn't perfect and localization teams had to sped up voice recordings to properly sync the audio, which was pretty horrible.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Why are the graphics the quality of FNV? (shit)

Why is the eye shader so bad when Epic already provides a realistic one?

Gameplay: stand and shoot. No tactical aspect, no stealth, no stealth kills, no AI, no crosshair shaking on movement, jesus christ just copy other games like Far Cry.

SMH.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
What's more impressive on the facial animations front is that CDPR didn't even mocap their shit, it was an engine algorithm they developed.
unfortunately, the algorithm wasn't perfect and localization teams had to sped up voice recordings to properly sync the audio, which was pretty horrible.
Is that true? Pretty sure I remember reading or listening to a interview with a CDPR dev who said the algorithm matched up the character's lips to the words being spoken automatically, which was one of the reasons they developed it, needing only some post-algorithm manual adjustments.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Is that true? Pretty sure I remember reading or listening to a interview with a CDPR dev who said the algorithm matched up the character's lips to the words being spoken automatically, which was one of the reasons they developed it, needing only some post-algorithm manual adjustments.
so i googled it, and apparentely the issue was most prominent in russian localization (less noticeable in others).
CDP never fixed it, and never officially explained the reason behind it too.

Flou

Arbiter
From an announcement trailer that racked up millions of views to an E3 trailer with a measly ~200k. This game = marketing malpractice. And it's not just the Epic exclusivity. Why'd they disappear for two months? Why not continue pumping out small bits of news to keep the hype stoked, like Bloodlines 2 with its clan trailers? And that's a game that isn't out until next year. This is the behavior of a company that doesn't want to win.

Maybe nobody gives a fuck. Obsidian have a bright new future with Microsoft no matter what happens, Private Division have their Epic bribe, and Leonard Boyarsky's "dream game" ends up as a red-headed stepchild.

There's still time until October though so maybe they can surprise me by getting their shit together. But a random-ass trailer won't cut it.

It's E3. That Microsoft event was full of world premiere's and PC Gaming Show and Ubisoft's event continued that. No matter what you announce at E3 you kinda get drowned when so much is being shown at the same time.

That said, Private Division needs to step up their marketing before the launch.

Flou

Arbiter
Of 4m 29s Megan speaks 1m 20s. Gets a little nervous when the question about release platforms comes up. Dorito Pope, an experienced cock sucker, helps her circumvent mention of the exclusivity - *the* important thing to mention when discussing platforms - and they only say that it comes out on PC and mention the Windows store. Beautiful.

Dorito Pope can make an even short interview cringy. He was like a parrot who was taught what things to say about the game.

Flou

Arbiter
There was some news that TOW's lead programmer pulled from the team to work on their MS project. Is Obs pulling the same shit that MCA said they had with pulling resources from Tyranny to PoE? Could explain the inconsistent jankiness of TOW atm.

source: https://youtu.be/58qKmxO_YfQ?t=1242

With Microsoft paying the bills, I don't think they have to worry about padding/stretching the budget like they did with Tyranny and PoE.
They shift people from project to the next, all the time based on where they are needed.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Of 4m 29s Megan speaks 1m 20s. Gets a little nervous when the question about release platforms comes up. Dorito Pope, an experienced cock sucker, helps her circumvent mention of the exclusivity - *the* important thing to mention when discussing platforms - and they only say that it comes out on PC and mention the Windows store. Beautiful.

Dorito Pope can make an even short interview cringy. He was like a parrot who was taught what things to say about the game.
The cynical reality is that this kind of misleading the audience by omission is what probably gets him commendation.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This looks like shit...

• UI is absolutely horrible, those fucking huge crosshairs and garish colors
  • That fucking dialogue... yet again they show very few dialogue choices, is that the best they can do to exemplify a deep obsidian "rpg" during a major trade show?
  • The graphics manage to look a downgrade to the initial presentation, these are last gen graphics to go along with last gen gameplay

Zer0wing

Cipher
Because animations are very expensive, and CDPR have the dough, unlike the others?
Whcih animations, facial? I don't think Obsidian are as poor and unskilled as Troika during VTMB1 development. Doesn't UE4 have a facial animation generetation tool too?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This is the first of all the Outer Worlds trailers/gameplay vids I watched, and one thing I noticed is how extremely sluggish the movement and aiming feels.

Is this just a console thing because controllers are utter dogshit? The controls look extremely awkward and unresponsive in that video.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah that's how FPS gameplay with a gamepad looks like. You can tell because he never shifts his view vertically unless he absolutely has to.

Quillon

Arcane
he never shifts his view vertically

Climbing ladders looking straight ahead...
rating_rage.gif

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
First impression from the outdoors area - this looks like Unreal Tournament. First impressions from the indoor area - they've managed to use U4 tech and end up with Gamebryo visuals. Oh well, I've played through New Vegas, so I won't complain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom