Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Microsoft E3 2019 Press Conference: Cyberpunk 2077, The Outer Worlds, Wasteland 3

hpstg

Savant
I understand the budgetary concerns, but InExile could seriously use some more inspired artists.

himmy

Arcane
CDProjekt Red is striking gold with this. Big name celebs in video games tend to get mixed reactions, but they went for one of the most universally liked actors working in Hollywood, so few people can fault them for that. They also seem to have placed him in a role that actually fits, rather than just having him as a cameo.

Yeah, no shit. They are doing the right things to maximize profit. Whoop-de-doo.

Amazing we now have people praising business strategies targeted at them.

Yeah, fuck off, mate. I'd rather be a shmuck than engage in the regular Codex pissing contest of cynicism, where people are trying to convincing strangers on the Internet of their superior taste by never admitting to liking things.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Hmm, using a currently popular actor sounds vaguely familiar...

a2KXMBR2_700w_0.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
Obsidiano looks the least attractive to me, just screams Fallout 3 re-colored and with lulz

Cyberpunk is interesting, I'm sure it will be worth it to play just for the story alone once

Wasteland 3 I don't get the story or anything from the trailer, but grafix and gameplay look more slick and I am actually interested to see what they learned from W2. For all it faults I still did 2 playthroughs of W2 during the great famine of RPGs when kickstarter was going around giving free water to the thirsty.

The most I am looking forward after PKM is Realms Beyond for fantasy and Colony Shep for sci fi tho.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Honestly who knows how good they will be based on these trailers. It often takes me 5 hours of gameplay before I have any indication of whether a game is any good and I often go back and view trailers for films and games I've seen/played and think "wow, that was a awful trailer". Fun to be part of the hype I suppose but I'll let other people pay their 60 first before I dip in

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Two story-shooters and one RPG with questionable end quality.

That's a catch.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Not only that but he has 90s fags appeal with Johnny Mnemonic and Matrix, and zoomer fag appeal with John Wick. I have to hand to them fucking nice way to hype a cyberpunk genre game. I felt the first reveal and gameplay people felt a bit meh. I mean it looked triple A from top to bottom and normies were impressed but lets not forget they go kinda bug eyed at shit like cyberpunk.

Also dont know if its true but the guy who did JC Denton voice is in the game? I cant believe one of the biggest games ever anticipated is a successor to looking glass games and deus ex. If it fails miserably it it will hurt a bit.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wasteland 3 looked decent from a technical standpoint. The real problem is the goofy clown humor. I know that the original set the tone and everything, but adding literal clowns over and over again is the definition of low effort. TBH I liked the first videos and pictures much more than this LULZY shit. They could still add dark, cynical and thematically appropriate humor but do it in a more refined way.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Wasteland 3 looked decent from a technical standpoint. The real problem is the goofy clown humor. I know that the original set the tone and everything, but adding literal clowns over and over again is the definition of low effort. TBH I liked the first videos and pictures much more than this LULZY shit. They could still add dark, cynical and thematically appropriate humor but do it in a more refined way.
Looks like going zany is the newest trend in gaming humor. D:OS games do it, Outer Worlds does it, Wastland does it, not to even mention Bethesda shits like Rage or F76.

hexer

I'm fine with zany when it's in a Deadpool comic/movie... since the original character is imagined to be like that.
But going zany with your franchise's direction because Fortnite or Guardians of the Galaxy are popular is just a marketing move...
strengthened by social media trends of low attention span/instant gratification idiocy requested by younger generations.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Cyberpunk Keanu trailer 4.377 million view so far,Outer Worlds 206k,Wasteland 3 4,817 views,lol.Good thing Fargo sold the company when he did because it looks like that thing is going to be DOA
Well... top hostings
Inxile account: 8.5k views, like ratio 93%
XBox account: 115k views, like ratio 55%
Gamespot Trailers account: 11.8k views, like ratio 82%

The way I see it this means: Nobody cares and those outside the Fargo Cult don't like it.

wider.png

They... they meant to appeal to wider audience
:negative:

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Cyberpunk Keanu trailer 4.377 million view so far,Outer Worlds 206k,Wasteland 3 4,817 views,lol.Good thing Fargo sold the company when he did because it looks like that thing is going to be DOA

Cyberpunk always gets insane views. Nearly reaching Bethesda Fallout/Elder Scrolls levels which I'm sure CD Projekt Red will surpass in the future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom