Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Of course, in Aurora you can see far ahead but that requires a wrapper or a hack and you can't click to to everywhere that is viewable. Not in one click, anyway:

01.jpg

stoneguard%2Bmountains.jpg

Compare the above now with native Electron:

tel%2Bbadir.jpg

In Electron, I can click anywhere on the above map and my char will move there in one click.

And yes, these are in-game screencaps.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
To Larian: model the entire Baldur's Gate city and let the player move about each district from a bird's eye view similar to that Electron desert town. As well as from any angle and at any zoom level. Employ trucking, tilting, dollying on rails, zooming, the works. Make RPG cams great again: bring them back up to 2007 level.

Generic-Giant-Spider

What about I turn this car right around and none of us go to Baldur's Gate if you can't make up your GODDAMN MINDS?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I’m probably way late to the party here but what the fuck is up with Sven saying in that GameSpot interview that BG1 and 2 is based on D&D 3.5? :lol:

That seems to be a more widespread error. Yesterday another interviewer on the E3 Twitch stream asked how BG's ruleset was being converted from 3.5E to 5E and Swen gave an answer without correcting her. Either he's too kind to correct interviewers (and himself), or he doesn't know that it's wrong.

My personal assumption is that the people who prepare the briefings for these interviews made an error and Swen is following their script.

So the lead man on BG3 doesn't know the first thing about D&D, that's comforting

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I’m probably way late to the party here but what the fuck is up with Sven saying in that GameSpot interview that BG1 and 2 is based on D&D 3.5? :lol:

That seems to be a more widespread error. Yesterday another interviewer on the E3 Twitch stream asked how BG's ruleset was being converted from 3.5E to 5E and Swen gave an answer without correcting her. Either he's too kind to correct interviewers (and himself), or he doesn't know that it's wrong.

My personal assumption is that the people who prepare the briefings for these interviews made an error and Swen is following their script.

So the lead man on BG3 doesn't know the first thing about D&D, that's comforting
He said he grew up with BG, so I have complete faith in him.

Mortmal

Arcane
Thread is too long to read already. So is it drawn portraits for party or some ugly 3d shit?
It link to your facebook account pick your main photo and do a render from it, sven said" things never made before in rpgs".Also will update your status if you romance some waifu in game, you will no longer be single.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Must haves they like won't have:

1. Interesting subraces.

2. Legit subclasses.

3. Powerful iconic spells like wish, teleport, contingency, dimesion door, et al. done right.

4. Cool weaponry.

5. Characters worthy of being part of the BG mythos.

6. Connection to the Bhaalspawn saga. People whine that it is 'over' but bullshitz. There should be a connection of some sort.

7. Fun party vs party fights.

8. RT w/pause BG style is best case scenario but I can live with Tb if done right.

9. Party of six.

10. Nudity, sex, and romance.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
He said he grew up with BG, so I have complete faith in him.

Interview of Swen on DOS
(about coop dialogue)
https://www.redbull.com/ie-en/divinity-original-sin-kickstarts-the-team-rpg
Unusually, the game spun out of observations Vincke made from playing at home with his partner. "The idea of making it an RPG that featured a true cooperative party – in the sense that everybody can discuss with everybody and everybody can impact the storyline – occurred when I was playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance with my girlfriend," he says. "We were having some fun and I started wondering what would happen if it were a real RPG in which we could discuss on-screen and agree or disagree about pretty much everything."

He did grow up with BG. It's just not the expected BG.

Spockrock

Augur
I agreed with Volo twice in one day... this must be a sign of what's to come, at this point I'm 100% certain Sven is making a Dark Alliance "spiritual successor"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom