Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Outer Worlds Gameplay Footage on IGN and Twitch E3 2019 Broadcasts

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Leonard Boyarsky; Obsidian Entertainment; The Outer Worlds

Leonard Boyarsky sat down with IGN and Twitch yesterday and presented some new gameplay footage from The Outer Worlds that Obsidian brought to E3 this year. The footage shows the player character fighting his way to a corporate installation with companions Ellie and Nyoka, infiltrating through a sewer entrance, sneaking around inside and finally speaking to the installation's twisted cook, which is where it cuts off. Unfortunately the interviews don't address the footage at all so the context of these events is unclear, but at least it gives us a look at how the game has progressed since we last saw it in action back in March.

In other news, yesterday Obsidian updated the Outer Worlds official website and the game became available for preorder. As of now only the console versions of the game are available from the preorder site, but the Microsoft Store preorder page is already up and running.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Why have they invited some Israeli journalist who doesn't speak English too well (or at least can't pronounce too well)? Because she has coloured hair and is jewish or what?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IGN has a localized Israeli site. Never knew it was a big enough deal to have its own journothot.

It pisses me off because when I enter ign.com it takes me to that website when I want the real one.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Why have they invited some Israeli journalist who doesn't speak English too well (or at least can't pronounce too well)? Because she has coloured hair and is jewish or what?

How is this a mystery to you?

Sacibengala

Prophet
IGN has a localized Israeli site. Never knew it was a big enough deal to have its own journothot.

It pisses me off because when I enter ign.com it takes me to that website when I want the real one.
Yeah. I stopped enter that shit. It only takes me to the local brazillian bullshit one. If it can't get more imbecile as it already is.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Dunno, the only synopsises I've read don't really bring up that many similarities, beyond that they start in a strange place and that the story involves secrets of some sort. Nothing like Limit 118 has been hinted at. (Also it's more to do with corporate injustice than dangers of American exceptionalism)

hexer

I'm getting some Dr. Victor Presper and the Sleepers vibes :D

hexer

It sounds like the game will deliver a true Cainarsky experience but man, some of those color combinations are eye killers

hexer

I do not care for the art style. It looks a bit like Fortnite, doesn't it?

I didn't care at all until weird or too bright colors in games started making make my eyes physically hurt.
It's annoying … I have to tweak games individually a lot to eliminate the painful visuals.

Dawnrazor

Novice
Hearing Boyarsky talk about the game makes me want to play it more than the videos. Maybe they should have tried a radio interview. But seriously, his description of his vision for the game brings memories of all the little things I liked about Arcanum.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Dunno, the only synopsises I've read don't really bring up that many similarities, beyond that they start in a strange place and that the story involves secrets of some sort. Nothing like Limit 118 has been hinted at. (Also it's more to do with corporate injustice than dangers of American exceptionalism)

Would be weird anyway, considering nearly nobody involved here had anything to do with Van Buren.

Mortmal

Arcane
Great news post infinitron, as usual, but how cant it be for such a great game as outer world, certainly a game with soul and great gameplay(unlike bg3) , no doubt it will be a must buy must play to the codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom