Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline New Samurai Showdown

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
D3XxHjPW4AUjB0F.jpg

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Samurai Shodown launches June 25 for PS4 and Xbox One in the Americas and Europe

Purchase by June 30 to get the Season Pass completely free.

Samurai Shodown will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 25 in the Americas and Europe, publisher Athlon Games and developer SNK announced.

In Japan, the game was previously announced for release on June 27. Switch and PC versions of Samurai Shodown are planned for release in Q4 2019.

Users who pre-order or purchase Samurai Shodown on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Live, or any physical retailer before June 30 will be able to download the Season Pass completely free.

“We’re extremely excited to finally confirm that June 25 will see the much anticipated return of Samurai Shodown—one of the founding figures of the fighting genre,” said SNK president Koichi Toyama in a press release. “As a thank you to the fans who have stuck with us during the long wait between the franchise installments, we’re pleased to offer the first six months of DLC completely free of charge to anyone who buys the game and redeems the game’s season pass within the first week of release, which will include four new fighters.”

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
WTF is this style, looks super outdated... Watched some gameplay with a buddy who is into fighting games, he thought this was a PS1 game lol

Melcar

Arcane
Yeah man. It like totally needs more awesome graphics and shit. None of the fans care about the fighting mechanics or the characters. Fuck you and your friend.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah man. It like totally needs more awesome graphics and shit. None of the fans care about the fighting mechanics or the characters. Fuck you and your friend.

Well, rejoice:

Game is selling like crazy in Japan and from preorders alone SamSho is already commercially successful.

Also:

Ant people already had a fucking tournament with the alpha version. Only six playable characters, but the gameplay seems to be 100% true to the classic arcade games.

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Kazuki/Sogetsu , Rimururu, Cham Cham , Shizumaru, Basara/Gaira and (maybe) Amakusa will be Dlc. Calling it.

Called it right:

Rimururu is in. As a DLC. :negative:

Yeah, there is no way in hell the ninja brothers aren't coming back. In case anyone is wondering, here is a bit of gameplay with every single vanilla character:

56:39 if you want to see Hanzo take off his mask.

1:17:15 -> new Chinese girl character reflects projectiles

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I really like the way it's looking. The animations and general gameplay are very smooth and fluid, unlike the turbo-speed clusterfucks you can sometimes find in e.g. new Mortal Kombat.

Nathir

Liturgist
Rimururu as DLC is the absolute worst. Also, I hope the PC delay won't kill the game for good on steam.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Rimururu as DLC is the absolute worst.

In #lecurrentyear it was p. much inevitable. Charging extra for OG characters (like SFV making fucking GUILE into a DLC char) generates community butthurt and hurts the longevity of the game. Rimuru is perfect DLC material since she is NOT an OG character but she is not an obscure character either. By that same logic I'm 100% sure Kazuki/Sogetsu will come as DLC later on.

Also, I hope the PC delay won't kill the game for good on steam.

Delay doesn't hurt games on Steam, retarded greed does. Watch this:

TL;DW: SFV is on life support and DOA 6 stands for "dead on arrival". Fucking lol @ Arika's 1.5 average player count. Not gonna pretend T7 isn't fucking abusive as well, but BamCo still managed to find the "sweet milking spot" and make T7 a huge success. First time Tekken beats SF, both in players and tournament attendance, which is fucking YUGE. I get the feeling SamSho MIGHT fill the vacuum for good 2D fighters IF SNK doesn't fuck it up. But going by their support of KOF14, despite mediocre sales, I would say Samsho is looking REALLY good right now...

As for MK11, I'm sure it will follow the regular NRS route: big on release, 90% drop, life support for a year, death.

Nathir

Liturgist
Rimururu as DLC is the absolute worst.

In #lecurrentyear it was p. much inevitable. Charging extra for OG characters (like SFV making fucking GUILE into a DLC char) generates community butthurt and hurts the longevity of the game. Rimuru is perfect DLC material since she is NOT an OG character but she is not an obscure character either. By that same logic I'm 100% sure Kazuki/Sogetsu will come as DLC later on.

Oh I know that pre-launch DLC is to be expected these days, what I meant is that I just don't like the character :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom