Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Sailor Woedica, you know that poeIII will also be action RPG.
cRPG nostalgia, as we know it, died with Deadfire. New things are on the horizon.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
cRPG nostalgia, as we know it, died with Deadfire. New things are on the horizon.

Sure, dude. Now that even Deadfire has a TB mode, it will be decline and real-time action all the way...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Non-interview regurgitating the same marketing pitch.

Did you see what camera perspective it will use? No? Because they didn't say.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
"To convice WotC that we were the right guys, we told them that we want this game to feel like you just opened the Player's Handbook but it came to a computer screen."

"Missing isn't very fun, so we had to make some adjustments."

Pick one, Swen.

At least he did imply that you can do things like throwing chairs and tables at people in combat, which is a big step up in environmental interactivity from the static backgrounds of the Infinity Engine.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Non-interview regurgitating the same marketing pitch.
Did you see what camera perspective it will use? No? Because they didn't say.
Were they asked? Maybe we need a better journalist, not that they are cryptic.
Actually, I didn't want to mention this before, but if you watch the very first presentation by Swen, after the trailer has finished playing, he says "you can see we've improved the production values a lot". This hints at the trailer being in-engine. Maybe we already have an answer about the perspective, without having asked the question.

AwesomeButton

Patron
"To convice WotC that we were the right guys, we told them that we want this game to feel like you just opened the Player's Handbook but it came to a computer screen."

"Missing isn't very fun, so we had to make some adjustments."

Pick one, Swen.

At least he did imply that you can do things like throwing chairs and tables at people in combat, which is a big step up in environmental interactivity from the static backgrounds of the Infinity Engine.
These are the same examples he has been giving about environment interaction before D:OS1.

agris

Arcane
Patron

That's interesting, Sven says that in 2016 Nathan Stewart (WotC) had a "stack of papers" that was BG3. With the Avernum module it's clear that WotC had an idea in mind for BG3, and Sven had previously told them his own ideas for BG3, but I wonder...

When was Beamdog pitching D&D ideas to WotC that involved Illithids in plate?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's interesting, Sven says that in 2016 Nathan Stewart (WotC) had a "stack of papers" that was BG3. With the Avernum module it's clear that WotC had an idea in mind for BG3, and Sven had previously told them his own ideas for BG3, but I wonder...

It would have been around the same time, when David Gaider was still there. Gaider says he didn't know about BG3 though.

agris

Arcane
Patron

It would have been around the same time, when David Gaider was still there. Gaider says he didn't know about BG3 though.
I wonder if WotC brain-raped Beamdog.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I kind of don't get this. It has always seemed gimmicky to me. Is it something people actually want? I personally have never been that impressed with being able to move everything in Larian's games.

Steezus

Savant
Patron

You could smash that Orc with a table, but you also could roll a 20 with your Orcsbane +69.

Choose wisely.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I kind of don't get this. It has always seemed gimmicky to me. Is it something people actually want? I personally have never been that impressed with being able to move everything in Larian's games.
It's more what Swen wants.

Xeon

Augur
I kinda liked moving things and storing things in your storage, you can for example take one of the barrels with the death smoke and plant it in the middle of a powerful fights and wipe them out or something. Was kinda fun how you approach things in DOS2.

Tho I really hope they don't make randomized items or especially leveled items. Finding unique items in BGs was one of the highlights of the game for me and I hope they don't turn that into generic leveled items.

AwesomeButton

Patron
It's about as exciting as knowing that you are able to make a muscle wizard in PoE.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
That he paid a lot of money to that French company to make the trailer at such high quality. Try to come up with better paranoia incentives.

The Real Fanboy

Even tho I do love the 90s style of the first two Pillars of Eternity games I'm way unbothered by how a game plays and I'm totally all in for Poe III being an action rpg!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom