Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Fire Emblem Thread

Duraframe300

Arcane
The non-core gameplay for the next game, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, is getting excessively frivolous. :decline:

1 Free Battles
LN1nErC.jpg

2 Decide Today's Activity
pd69nK1.jpg

3 Base Roaming, with Instant Warp Option
w2rPyGT.jpg

4 Quest Board
tg7iZH7.jpg

5 Quest Giver
qbCs47j.jpg

6 Fishing Minigame
QDqgW33.jpg

7 (probably) with timing-based button presses
N7YDF5H.jpg

What are you saying?

EVERY JRPG needs a fishing minigame. That was written into law sometimes in the 90s.

Endemic

Arcane
Bit off-topic, but I thought I'd share this - Shouzou Kaga's first videogame project (from the mid 80s):

20080530213606qeker.png

20080530213813cik1w.png

I don't have a full translation handy, but iirc it was a cross between a shmup and roguelike.

Kaga's blog entry c. 2008 said:
This was my debut work back from the era of amateur developers, it was published in a PC game magazine called LOGIN 22 years ago (a quarter century ago!), in the Autumn of 1986. This game was sold in stores alongside other prize-winning works, and we received pretty sweet royalties.
(...)
As such I ended up throwing myself into the game industry a few years later.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I never realized the maps in FE4 were actually built to align with the continent of Jugdral itself.

u0U174Z.png
Jo4FPry.png
I know FE4 can be a slog but I can't help but admire how epic it is in scope.

Endemic

Arcane
If the map layouts were better and had more routes to objectives (eg a shortcut with terrain that made infantry more relevant), I don't think people would mind the length of chapters as much. In fact, FE4 binary does this to some extent, like allowing infantry to cross the cliffs in chapter 2.

Endemic

Arcane
Awakening and Fates sold very well, so it's no surprise that 3H will have those kind of DLCs.

Ent

Savant
It was even worse in Echoes. I feel like nintendo rarely gets called out on this stuff.

Tigranes

Arcane
I only played Fates: Conquest from the 3DS era, and that was perfectly fine without any DLCs or the other Fates games. Most of the early DLC stuff looks completely pointless (costumes, fuck off). I guess we'll see how half-arsed or not the game is soon enough.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

After how pricey the one for Echoes was I was kind of scared for this, but this sounds like a perfectly reasonable price for what you get.

Wave 1: Officers Academy outfits for female and male Byleth available Day 1 (July 26th)
Wave 2: Additional Auxiliary battle maps, helpful in-game support items, and more will be released by 10/31/2019
Wave 3: Additional quests and costumes will be released by 12/31/2019; plus, another free update
Wave 4: Discover new story content, with additional playable characters, locations and more will be released by 4/30/2020; plus, another free update

The Expansion Pass is available for $24.99 on its own, or in a bundle with the main game for $84.98.

So we're looking at 3-5 hours of content for 25 bucks. I guess it's okay when Nintendo does it.
:hmmm:

Tigranes

Arcane
Sounds more like the kind of SPECIAL EDITIONS that only brain-dead fans buy.

Ent

Savant
Mortal Savant looks it has that ninja aesthetic going on. Swordmasters and Assassins also seem to have some eastern elements.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom