Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you prefer if BG3 killed all Elves or just removed them?

Elves

• Total voters

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
orjan-ruttenborg-svendsen-deadelves-final-jpg.jpg

Suffer not an elf to live.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Species has always had definition of a group of closely related creatures capable of interbreeding, and I know there's no Elf blood in me so Humans are a different species.

Sickening thought.

Just shut the fuck up and stick to digging precious minerals out of the ground for the benefit of your overlords and leave the higher thinking to your betters (IE: elves).

Beastro

Arcane
Species has always had definition of a group of closely related creatures capable of interbreeding,

That may have been a qualifying point at some point (I doubt that to the extent that the domestic cat and lions have always been known be related, yet cannot interbreed even with artificial insemination), but that is at best half of the issues with how your talking.

To quote again,
For fucks sake they are all of the Canis family, sub species that are diverging, but are still so genetically close they can interbreed.

It reads like you're conflating family and species with species being reduced to sub-species while being similarly loose with what genus is, and to top it off you throw in the ambiguous term race which science has distanced itself from much for the reasons why you're using them here, that it has been used to classify people's as anything from slightly different groups to entirely different species altogether. You can use it all you want, but if you do don't roll your eyes when people do not immediately understand it as how you use it.

and I know there's no Elf blood in me so Humans are a different species.

Sorry to break it to you, sire, but Elves are fictional creatures.

Still, I'll give you points for trying to pull off a modest Cleve-level of trolling where I don't know how serious you are over this matter and it could actually be an honest opinion mixed with hyperbole for the fun of it.

Elves and Men had interbreed like four times in entire history of ME? And it was Valar magic and fate woven by allah Eru Ilúvatar which allowed this its not like Tolkien made a setting where every tavern wench has pointy ears Comrades. What is more disturbing were those half-Orc half Human creatures Saruman was breeding in Insegard reminds Commissar of all those le 56% types Kwan towns are full of.

The issue here is that Tolkien wasn't an obsessive RPG nerd that made all aspects of his world ubiquitous. As in Half-Elves becoming a common race unto their own found everywhere, races aren't scattered all over the place so players can have them involved in their adventures without having to chose places that includes them or make due without them in places that lacked a certain race, there being ancient, forlorn "dungeons" around every corner to explore, etc.

You know, the kind of weird shit this thread has on full display here.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
While racial purity has to be kept from diverging with extreme prejudice - one has to ask, what kind of environment evolved the orc menace? And from what? The same applies to our disfigured elvish """friends"""

Turuko

Learned
is there an instance in the countless fantasy worlds where elves have their ears cropped like dogs?
for whatever reason

thesecret1

Arcane
I asked myself why I hate elves so much - after all, I have no such qualms about the myriad other fantasy races (except kenders and their derivatives, but let's not open that can of worms) - but then I realised it's because they are quite literally a race of Sues. A cheat race. An equivalent of an OC hedgehog of that one autistic kid. It's a race that wants to eat its cake and have it too: they are of slim, elegant build, and posses massive strength despite lacking any visible muscles. They live like hippies and shit their pants whenever cutting wood is mentioned, yet they somehow are master craftsmen, they have no industry, yet are somehow the most technologically advanced, they live in forests and keep no domestic animals, yet somehow weave great cloth, they don't mine, yet they have metals for great blades, they sleep in deer poop and guano, yet they never get ill, they have no dental care, yet their teeth are always pearly white, they have a shitty root & berries diet, yet they somehow don't look like ghoulish virgins, they cannot have paper because muh trees, yet they have extensive books and records, and so on. Even if different works play them a bit differently, there are always cases like this with elves. They are self-contradictory. They're an abomination that defies the laws of causality. This is why you should beware and hate the elf - elves are aberrations in need of being corrected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom