Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
I don't know why you pour so much time and Sisyphean effort when you could continue beta-testing X4 Foundations.
Are you a masochist?

"so much time" 3-4 posts in last half a year or so

:lol:

ADL

Prophet
What's the problem? It will be funny in 4 years time when the craven apologists start to suggest that a 20 year development cycle is the norm and SC is only half way there!
You know what will be even funnier? Seeing everyone on /r/starcitizen_refunds buy the game again at a higher price.

Dexter

Arcane
I'm playing the game

You people are in your own little world it seems.
:lol::lol::lol:

World of Warcraft was announced 2001 and released 2004. Before 2001 announcement they were working another few years on it. So about 8 years and including initial draft it could be even 10 years. And it was worked by huge team of people who were at the top of their game in industry in one of the industry leading studio.

Will you also claim they were incompetent ? Believe me WoW ~8 years is industry standard for MMO dev time.
The funniest thing to me about this isn't even that this retard (and other retards like him) are wrong about this. The funniest thing is that they're comparing actually finished games that were entirely playable for 100s of hours of content and essentially feature complete in their Beta phase in much less time than "Star Citizen" and actually had things like "gameplay" (with things like enemies and various interacting systems), "quests", "world building" and "content" and were playable by millions of people upon release, with their Alpha Demo where they can move an object resembling a spaceship across axes in a space-like environment and some procedurally generated "planets" (that part is relatively easy and many people have done it before, it doesn't mean that you've got a game though) without anything much on them aside from walking around and believe that "Star Citizen" with its 7+ years of development comes out of that comparison looking somehow favorable. :lol: Hey at least they implemented the Macrotransaction store early on, so at least something works!

Last edited:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, a longer development time than WoW. More expensive than fucking SWTOR. And look at what it's produced. And you're trying to sell this as perfectly normal for the genre. Dude, do you really expect anyone to buy that?

They are making SQ42 at the same time which eats up most of their work which you forgot again.
Secondly you again ignore that they didn't have top tier studio from start but they were like 3 people back when they started. It took them a year to finish crowdfunding campaign and get to 100+ people in 2 years.

So, who's fault is that? They promised SP and MP in the one game, then had to carve it up into bits whereby they still are barely making any progress anywhere....

Don't tell me at this point they were a 3 man studio...Fuck, CDPR was a 2 man start up as well at one point. It's facetious to defend a studio based on the fact that at inception it was created by a handful of people.

Myobi

Liturgist
"Elite Dangerous, Dual Universe and many other games were possible also thanks to the massive success of Star Citizen crowdfunding campaign and charisma of Chris Roberts."

Is this the real life? ~ ♫
Is this just fantasy? ~ ♪
Caught in a landslide ~♫
No escape from reality ~ ♪
Open your eyes ~♫

I mean I get it, people are excited for what this game might become, they want to support it to eventually come to fruition... but fucking hell people, stop doing acid while you wait, it might feel like it, but the progress won't go any faster.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Someone with disposable income to drop on ships can do what they want. What is this, proletariat rage against the decadence of the bourgeoisie?

GreyViper

Prophet
Hey at least people who still have something invested can be part of the class action lawsuit when it crashes and burns. So it's not quite for nothing. :D

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I saw a cool thing about this game. But it still seems a long way off and I'm not convinced they will get the most important thing right.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Post mortem suits never yield anything for non-banks. Get in line.

Who has played this much? I probably have 70 hours in over the last couple of years. It is so far from finished, but it also can produce pretty unique moments for sci-fi fans.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I haven't played it but I watched a lot of videos of other people playing it. It is pretty amazing, but I am starting to see that the "ZOMG SKOPE KREEP!!!1!" comments are probably correct. What good is an FPS mini game, and huge cities, and walking around virtual planets and space stations and cantinas and all sorts of shit if there isn't any decent gameplay. It is like a walking simulator but in space. But it could be the greatest game ever if they can get some good space combat and then tie it all together in some sort of MMO-ish type way. I'll check back in 2025.

Aemar

Arcane
Chris-Roberts-Bong.jpg

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's like Nu Male's Sky all over again

THIS TIME IT WON'T SUCK

IT'S TOTALLY NOT A SCAM

INFINITE UNIVERSE

BAZILLIONS OF STARS

MULTIPLAYER ADVENTURES!

But only if you donate more than $50.

Norfleet

I've heard apparently they actually finally delivered the goods, admittedly long after the game has been forgotten.

Meanwhile, Scam Shitizen remains scam and vaporware. Unless you like ship hangarbay ballet, I guess. That shit would be great in slow motion set to some Tchaikovsky.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hahahahaha they are selling bed skins at this point lol. Also that cuck,i bet Tyron will buy him a new skin to support the poor oppressed devs.

Myobi

Liturgist
Star Citizen is kind of reminding me of "the curse of oak island".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom