Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zelda: Leaks of the kingdom thread

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Let's see if they try to iron out the kinks of BotW - smaller but "denser" map; discard most of the trash shrines and gather the remaing good ones in 5/10 big dungeons with proper rewards at the end (still make them optional); more unique abillities and items; bigger enemy roster; side quests with the same quality as the main quest.
If they do that this sequel will be to BotW what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time.

I wonder if it'll be good this time instead of just really hyped.

Not even good bait.

Yuzu better make some progress fast.

Mario Odyssey is almost at a playable by mid range Desktops. By the time this game releases it'll will be fully playable -which I am guessing it will be sometime in 2021, no way it can be next year.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
A theory about the games setting is getting stronger. Looks like the blue knight who fought against calamity Ganon could have been Ganondorf itself.

D8zXOS3UcAETcjJ.jpg

D8zSCGcUcAAthvH.jpg

Also here is the reverse version of the trailer

You can hear things like:

“Zelda find my body”
“Zelda Rest in peace”
“Link is gone”
“Link will fall”

tl;dr

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
So..is Zelda going to be the main character in this sequel?

She has short hair in this one. And we know characters with short hair are easier to animate gameplay-wise (That's why in Nier automata when A2 becames playable she cuts her air). So...

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

“Zelda find my body”
“Zelda Rest in peace”
“Link is gone”
“Link will fall”

I can't hear shit.

She has short hair in this one. And we know characters with short hair are easier to animate gameplay-wise

I more likely to represent some sort of character development.

Anyway, until there's confirmation it's just speculation.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I still have to finish the first one with cemu... So far I managed to play it just a couple of hours per month... I don't even remember anymore when I started playing it. Probably more than a year ago...

Ysaye

Arbiter
So..is Zelda going to be the main character in this sequel?
She has short hair in this one. And we know characters with short hair are easier to animate gameplay-wise (That's why in Nier automata when A2 becames playable she cuts her air). So...
that's why right now it's "unnamed botw sequel". They are going to name it "Legend of Link".

Ah well - I guess that is where you logically get if you extend the hypothesis that the most exciting bit in BotW for players was where Zelda was leaning over trying to pick up a frog. She probably needs to do some rock climbing to get some more refinement / tone in her lower body.

I can't wait for more cliffs to climb and shit to break.

The general consensus on Codex of BotW being a tech demo warms my heart.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Let's see if they try to iron out the kinks of BotW - smaller but "denser" map; discard most of the trash shrines and gather the remaing good ones in 5/10 big dungeons with proper rewards at the end (still make them optional); more unique abillities and items; bigger enemy roster; side quests with the same quality as the main quest.

Agree with this. The first game had a lot of interesting experimentation so I'll be curious to see what returns, plus whatever new stuff they come up with.

For my money I'd like to see them double down on the survival and crafting elements and increase the danger in the world. Make it so that enemy weapons shatter when you defeat them and you're only left with components. There are no clothes or armors that ignore weather effects so you have to craft potions to survive extreme heat and cold. Sharply limit inventory items so you have to carefully plan each journey into the wild and bring only the equipment you need to survive. And no on-demand fast travel to bail you out if you fuck up.

I doubt they would take it that far, but at the same time although BotW obviously isn't Dark Souls, they were pretty brave to make it as challenging as they did. You don't see that with huge AAA games in huge AAA franchises, especially something targeted at kids.

Agree with this. The first game had a lot of interesting experimentation so I'll be curious to see what returns, plus whatever new stuff they come up with.

For my money I'd like to see them double down on the survival and crafting elements and increase the danger in the world. Make it so that enemy weapons shatter when you defeat them and you're only left with components. There are no clothes or armors that ignore weather effects so you have to craft potions to survive extreme heat and cold. Sharply limit inventory items so you have to carefully plan each journey into the wild and bring only the equipment you need to survive. And no on-demand fast travel to bail you out if you fuck up.

I doubt they would take it that far, but at the same time although BotW obviously isn't Dark Souls, they were pretty brave to make it as challenging as they did. You don't see that with huge AAA games in huge AAA franchises, especially something targeted at kids.

Your game sounds like even more inventory Tetris and micro than BotW. I'd rather not have that in my Zelda games, thanks. The fast travel was the only thing keeping me sane near the end of my BotW grind. Your ideas would complete the ruin of one of my favorite game series. I bet you'd also like Hyrule to be even emptier and for the story to take only five minutes instead of ten.

Wunderbar

Arcane

the best way the can solve these issues is by limiting player's ability to change clothing on fly. Maybe restricting it to a camp? Want to customize your character somewhere in the wild - chop some wood, make a bonfire, set up a tent with a bedroll.

Hassar

Scholar
A theory about the games setting is getting stronger. Looks like the blue knight who fought against calamity Ganon could have been Ganondorf itself.

D8zXOS3UcAETcjJ.jpg

D8zSCGcUcAAthvH.jpg

Also here is the reverse version of the trailer

“Zelda find my body”
“Zelda Rest in peace”
“Link is gone”
“Link will fall”

tl;dr

The knight on the right is wearing green with blue-green eyes so it looks like link.

Zanzoken

Arcane

Your game sounds like even more inventory Tetris and micro than BotW. I'd rather not have that in my Zelda games, thanks. The fast travel was the only thing keeping me sane near the end of my BotW grind. Your ideas would complete the ruin of one of my favorite game series. I bet you'd also like Hyrule to be even emptier and for the story to take only five minutes instead of ten.

I am not saying there should be no fast travel options within the game. You can actually create interesting travel options in-world. Morrowind did a pretty good job of this, as opposed to Skyrim (and BotW) where you can instantly warp everywhere for no apparent reason other than making it easy for the player.

It sounds like you just aren't a fan of BotW's approach compared to old Zeldas. I don't completely disagree -- for instance I prefer the old, complex dungeons to shrine spam and all the meaningless little side quests that litter the world.

Zanzoken

Arcane
the best way the can solve these issues is by limiting player's ability to change clothing on fly. Maybe restricting it to a camp? Want to customize your character somewhere in the wild - chop some wood, make a bonfire, set up a tent with a bedroll.

Yeah that could work. The issue with the BotW system is once you get the armors it completely eliminates the risk and challenge of navigating harsh climates. For example, having to hunt for Fireproof lizards and Smotherwing butterflies so you can make Fireproof Elixir is pointless when you can just get the Flamebreaker armor. I think having to scavenge and craft to survive is a more interesting choice.

Like I said, that's probably too hardcore for Zelda even if they are taking it in a more challenging direction. But I think it could be a neat system that really rewards planning and preparation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom