Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 announced at Google Stadia Connect event

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Honestly? I don't give a shit and I'm even growing a bit tired about your "jaded old gamer" shtick.
I frankly find it exhausting.

I didn't ask you to love the video, I never said its content was amazing either, and I pointed exactly in my comment what was my only meaningful takeaway from it: the confirmation of something some of us were already wondering about.
But of course, if all you want is to bitch, keep bitching.

I wasnt really replying to you. I just wrote what is actually in the video. If you call that being jaded and bitching youre an imbecile who falls for that kind of vacuous "nice feelings" PR.
And thats why you find anything that doesnt support your nice feelings "exhausting". Which is irrelevant anyway.

When we get some actual info about good design and good mechanics, then it will be something to feel good about.
Until then... feel whatever the fuck you want.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
They think BG series used 3.5E. Larian is officially BG series retartet. EPIC FAILZ.

Anyone who thinks orcs looks blacks are racist. They're not even black. LMAO There are actual black humans in D&D and they aren't limited in alignment and most human FR cultures that are black skinned tend to good/neutral.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Things I found interesting:

- New story but many references to previous events and also characters from the previous games that you'll recognize
- Interaction with the environment, for example you can pick up a table and throw it at someone
- SV likes the freedom that you had in bg2 where you needed to collect 20k gold to save Imoen, will be in bg3 as well ( as was in DOS )
- You can't use your old bg2 save files for anything
- He doesnt want to talk about mechanics or party size or if its isometric or not ( they will show it before they tell about it )
- You will spend a lot of time in character creation
- You will be able to take sub classes
- They want the community feedback to see what they want and expect

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Interaction with the environment, for example you can pick up a table and throw it at someone
Teleportation from DOS done a bit better.

The rest is as expected, but not revealing the crucial mechanics and features is creating negative feedback they are trying to avoid by not revealing any.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Tnaks, sometimes words at West have very intricate meaning ahahah.
Because BG2 is a chambered shit imo, whaere you have 3 location outside of town and that's all.

I wasnt really replying to you. I just wrote what is actually in the video. If you call that being jaded and bitching youre an imbecile who falls for that kind of vacuous "nice feelings" PR.
And thats why you find anything that doesnt support your nice feelings "exhausting". Which is irrelevant anyway.

When we get some actual info about good design and good mechanics, then it will be something to feel good about.
Until then... feel whatever the fuck you want.
I didn't mention "feelings" (good or otherwise) at any point, just one single useful information.
But feel free to be angry and autistic about it.

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Tnaks, sometimes words at West have very intricate meaning ahahah.
Because BG2 is a chambered shit imo, whaere you have 3 location outside of town and that's all.

Shut your dirty vatnik mouth - Chapter 2 in BG2 is about the most fun I've ever had in a cRPG. There is so much shit to do.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They are avoiding like the plague talking about the gameplay, I'm starting to think maybe there is a chance they don't even have the combat system developed and they were just waiting to see the how community reacted to choose between them

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They are avoiding talking about the gameplay like the plague, I'm starting to think they don't even have the combat system developed and they were just waiting to see the how community reacted to choose between one or another.

More and more I suspect that the Dark Alliance games were Swen's favorite Baldur's Gate titles (which may be why he thought BG was based on 3rd edition).

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
There is a good chance Larian has changed the spell slot system into something else and also that they might convince WOTC to change it in 6th edition as well...

“We’ve gotten some pushback on some game mechanics,” Mearls admits. “You [indicating Vincke] have talked about how spell slots might not be the most intuitive thing. One of the things with Dungeons and Dragons, which I think is very important, is the method by which we do things is not as important for tabletop players as the actual effect on the table.”

So if somebody says spell slots might be something to look at again, “we would not just change it, but maybe we’ll start exploring alternatives, and then seeing – like, in a playtest – do people like them better? Does it get momentum?

“In some ways – especially in tabletop, because we have 45 years of history – it’s kinda fun to have someone smart who’s not you say: ‘you should consider changing this’.”

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
“That’s actually been one of the things that we’ve been struggling with, because it’s a very slow leveling process in the books,”

“We wanted to stick to it. So we’re figuring out ways of letting you still feel that you’re progressing in a meaningful manner, but in a videogame manner.”
https://www.pcgamesn.com/baldurs-gate-3/leveling-system

Every 20 minutes upgrading something, because if not, new gamers will be bored?

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
“That’s actually been one of the things that we’ve been struggling with, because it’s a very slow leveling process in the books,”

“We wanted to stick to it. So we’re figuring out ways of letting you still feel that you’re progressing in a meaningful manner, but in a videogame manner.”

It was the same thing in bg1 and 2 and planescape torment, you level up fast because you need millions of xp in the tabletop

Mortmal

Arcane

It was the same thing in bg1 and 2 and planescape torment, you level up fast because you need millions of xp in the tabletop
Not anymore, 5E has a new great feature called milestones . In curse of Strahd when you reach important parts of the story, find an important artefact you get a milestone and therefore a level. You dont have to do the accountant job, you just give away levels very fast. Usually barely a few fights, but deadly tactical fights, and no grinding at all.If you manage to solve it without fighting with clever out of the box thinking you get your level too.

I always wanted to throw a table at a lich.

I want to backstab a bardbarian with a ballista in a tavern.

I know this is very very specific, but I need to.
38QpzWL.jpg

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Things I found interesting:

- New story but many references to previous events and also characters from the previous games that you'll recognize
- Interaction with the environment, for example you can pick up a table and throw it at someone
- SV likes the freedom that you had in bg2 where you needed to collect 20k gold to save Imoen, will be in bg3 as well ( as was in DOS )
- You can't use your old bg2 save files for anything
- He doesnt want to talk about mechanics or party size or if its isometric or not ( they will show it before they tell about it )
- You will spend a lot of time in character creation
- You will be able to take sub classes
- They want the community feedback to see what they want and expect
The reluctance to say if it is isometric or not is disturbing.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It’s time for one of you brave men to go to China, and then to visit Belgium.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom