Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xeon

Augur
One of the streamers said they tend to use controllers in showcases because it allows for smoother turning to make better videos. PC you can turn a lot faster. This was during Doom Eternal gameplay part.

jf8350143

Liturgist
This game is going to be on Xbox Game Pass the moment it launches. And you can get access to XGP with only 1 dollar for a whole month(every month after that cost 5 dollars).

You don't need a Xbox to use it since Microsoft just launched the PC version of XGP.

There is literally no reason to buy this game now, just buy the XGP and you are good to go. You also get more than 100 games along with it including Tyranny. Surprisingly both PoE games(or any other Obisidan games) was not on the list yet.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I never understood how peasants are able to play FPS games on controllers.

Well with Call of Duty you "aim" by pressing the left trigger and it snaps instantly to the target, so you're not actually aiming at all. I don't know how common that is across the whole genre though. I certainly can't imagine playing Doom 2016 on sticks without generous assistance.

I feel like this would have greatly impressed me around 2005. Perhaps even has late as 2007. Since then, I've seen so much of this that I just can't be motivated to care. I stand firm on my initial assessment that this is every game.

This looks like every game. The presentation, game-play, characters, everything. Pick one, and it bears many striking resemblances. About the only thing seemingly unique is the art style, which also appears to be an amalgamation of every game. If they can take the lessons from every game that they are grafting together to make this neo-Frankenstein, it might be good. Even still, I am otherwise not compelled, simply because it bears so much resemblance to every game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think that's meant to be a private show, lol. He didn't record the entire thing.

The Real Fanboy
Outer Worlds lewk is so good the crowd thought it was Halo
ODdwGXo.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/11/the-outer-worlds-will-have-multiple-endings-e3-2019

THE OUTER WORLDS WILL HAVE MULTIPLE ENDINGS - E3 2019

The Outer Worlds will have multiple endings based on how you play.

In an interview with IGN at E3 2019, Megan Starks - Senior Narrative Designer for Outer Worlds - confirmed "there are many different endings" based on how you play but just how many endings there are will remain a mystery until the game comes out.

One of the main characteristics of this extreme capitalist dystopia is the fact that you can play however you want, from threatening quest givers to picking locks instead of heading straight for the door. So you'll have to play through The Outer Worlds multiple times to see all the core story beats it has to offer.

The Outer Worlds will be released on October 25 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Just watched that interview with Leonard. The game looks better than I remember. Art style isn't terribly impressive, but I'm not going to gouge out my eyes from it either. I think this one might almost be able to match Bloodlines. Have we heard any of the music yet?

Quillon

Arcane
Leonard's trying too hard not to use the word "immerse" for some reason, could have saved him a couple of paragraphs :P

Flou

Arbiter
Leonard's trying too hard not to use the word "immerse" for some reason, could have saved him a couple of paragraphs :P

Immersion is something Bethesda used heavily when marketing Fallout 3. I still hate the word after hearing it from Todd, Pete and that 3rd guy, so many damn times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom