Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MicroProse revived as military simulator publisher

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
HOLYYY SHITTTT YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

microprose.com

Legendary gaming company Microprose has been revived and they’ll be developing and co-publishing iEntertainment Network Inc.’s Warbirds 2020 this Fall according to a press release.
Microprose will be making use of the Unreal Engine for Warbirds 2020 and they have a number of improvements for the game in the works. A high-tech mapping system will be used to get even more accurate depictions of real-world locations in the game. Of course, the devs will be paying special attention to the planes and their cockpits to ensure that they are as accurate to the originals as possible
Warbirds 2020 will be making its way to PC and Mac sometime in the Fall of 2019. Mobile and console versions of the game will be taking off throughout 2020

https://techraptor.net/content/microprose-returns-to-publish-warbirds-2020-coming-fall-2019

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Found some info after digging:

- Unreal 4 engine
- Technology to map actual physical locations for realistic simulation
- from free to play to subscription
- World wide scale rather than small conflicts
- whole of earth global rendering

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
First screens !

B17_remake.jpg

B17_remake_2.jpg

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
They are an amazing company but nobody will buy this.

why?
Flight Sims don't sell anymore, look at Hawx and whatnot. They all flop. And anyone who is a neckbeard pilot already has DCS. Hope I'm wrong but I think they would have been better coming back with something else, anything else. Gunship 2000 was a different type of game, they should have brought that back instead.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They are an amazing company but nobody will buy this.

why?
Flight Sims don't sell anymore, look at Hawx and whatnot. They all flop. And anyone who is a neckbeard pilot already has DCS. Hope I'm wrong but I think they would have been better coming back with something else, anything else. Gunship 2000 was a different type of game, they should have brought that back instead.

There is still place for light-sims like IL-2 was, and there is no IL-2 currently. IL-2 BOX was a flop because of microtransactiosn and being not finished.

Warbirds is sim light like il-2, that's why it should sell.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Maybe, but IL2 was a loooong time ago. Average gamer today has probably never even heard of a Flight Sim, let alone Microprose or IL2. Although this could go the other way and mean that a lot of new gamers try it because they never played a flight sim before. I just hope there are enough people interested in dogfighting.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Maybe, but IL2 was a loooong time ago. Average gamer today has probably never even heard of a Flight Sim, let alone Microprose or IL2

Maybe not, but there's still plenty of us old grognards who remembers them, we are just waiting for the next type of this game which does not exist currently.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Does DCS not do P51 Mustang and whatnot? The thing with Microprose is that they can do fun gameplay as well as good simulation. One of the best games I ever played was Gunship 2000... The gameplay made it, and nothing since has worked in the same way.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
DCS is too hardcore for me, I don't enjoy those ultra realistic flight sims.

There are 3 different type of flight sims.

Arcade - think War Thunder, WoT etc

semi flight sim - think IL-2, European Air War, Combat flight simulator, Battle of Britain

hardcore flight sim - Falcon 4.0, DCS etc

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
DCS is too hardcore for me, I don't enjoy those ultra realistic flight sims.

There are 3 different type of flight sims.

Arcade - think War Thunder, WoT etc

semi flight sim - think IL-2, European Air War, Combat flight simulator, Battle of Britain

hardcore flight sim - Falcon 4.0, DCS etc
Yeah I don't like it either. It annoyed me that there is a "gamer mode" that just isn't fun. It still requires a lot of screwing around and I just want to fly around blowing stuff up.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So is Microprose back the way Atari is back? Or is it actually, you know, back back?

The original founder of Microprose who founded the company together with Sid Meier is back - Bill Steeley and some other dude, so there's 2 original members back, the rest of the team idk, but back in the day a company used to have 5-10 people.

Endemic

Arcane

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
We will know for sure if they are 'back back' once the game goes live.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom