Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Quillon

Arcane
Yeah, watched the non-loading vid from crappy gamereactor server. He seems like a kind soul :P

Duraframe300

Arcane
More info on the disguise system mentioned on the pax panel in those interviews.

In the E3 2019 demo mission, the player is tasked with disrupting the operations of a powerful local businessman named Clive. Getting into his slaughterhouse to confront him can be accomplished a few different ways: either charging through the front door with weapons, picking a lock to access a nearby sewer, or by using a holographic disguise that allows you to enter restricted areas. The holographic disguise looked to be a recurring feature of the game. It has a limited charge the runs out as you move, and NPCs will still confront you and may require smooth talking even when you have the disguise active - so it's best used in concert with a character that has decent charm or intimidation skills.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
He slyly dodged the queries about how skills work in combat with "I don't have to deal with that, I just write and do art and say 'make it better'."

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Amazing, a game journalist capable of speaking in compound sentences. Let's hope for more of those.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Also, more from Playstation Access :shredder:

It’s kind of sad that “10 Reasons Fallout Fans Will Love Outer Worlds” basically only means Fallout 3/4.

I worked with a guy awhile ago who said his favorite game was Fallout. I started talking about it and he “Oh yeah, I’ve only played 3 and 4.” And he played them on console.

:timetoburn:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/11/the-outer-worlds-will-have-multiple-endings-e3-2019

THE OUTER WORLDS WILL HAVE MULTIPLE ENDINGS - E3 2019

The Outer Worlds will have multiple endings based on how you play.

In an interview with IGN at E3 2019, Megan Starks - Senior Narrative Designer for Outer Worlds - confirmed "there are many different endings" based on how you play but just how many endings there are will remain a mystery until the game comes out.

One of the main characteristics of this extreme capitalist dystopia is the fact that you can play however you want, from threatening quest givers to picking locks instead of heading straight for the door. So you'll have to play through The Outer Worlds multiple times to see all the core story beats it has to offer.

The Outer Worlds will be released on October 25 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

Wow. Innovative.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Imagine playing this abortion of a game. Can't wait to see release date bugs.
Well 90% of PC players will wait a year for it come out on Steam then wait another few months to actually buy it on sale. Hopefully the bugs will be fixed 18 months post release.

The Real Fanboy
(Left Picture)

giphy.gif

Outer Worlds rn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom