Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Did anyone finish it? I just returned from a nice vocation(if walking 30 kilometres a day that) and a reading my self to ravage some dark elfs.

Parabalus

Arcane
Did anyone finish it? I just returned from a nice vocation(if walking 30 kilometres a day that) and a reading my self to ravage some dark elfs.

I'm about halfway, but ran into some bugs (sidequests), so I'm waiting on patches.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative::negative::negative:

Fuck,it is a such a shame that such a good writer is such a faggot.

KTJCEr1.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Writing and most of the VO are excellent in this game. Some of the bigger RPG devs need to grab these writers for their franchises.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck me sideways,the writing is great but really shit when t comes to dialogue options. I really feel like getting friendly with the bad dudes. The writer really knows how to write different ideologies,views and political/life systems. There is some really great shit in this game,the whole dark elf system is great fun to talk/read about. But when it come player choice the enemy is just the enemy.
Fuck just look at what a chad one of the enemy is and what choices you have about him later on.

uAyNxxb.png

aAZiF8E.png

Also for a first time i got mocked for a limp dick after fucking :). Maybe the best romance i have seen :).

UAX06Db.png
PWAzzHA.png

LoL the little cunt tried to make me a modern cuck. I gave her the third option.!. Now back in to the market for waifu!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I finished the game with only two unfinished side quests because of a map bug. It is pretty good actual expansion,the whole campaign must be long as the original. Mechanically i liked the old skill three and ui better,the strategy have some improvement but it is still too easy and the AI is pretty bad. I don't get why people say it is hard,haven't seen a single mission that was challenging. The writing is still the best thing about the game but it does have its sjw garbage. It doesn't let you have an opinion on what is good and evil and just proclaims it,the whole dwarfen quest line leaves bad taste in your mouth. The companions are well written and interesting,also it have an option to go full party creation.

Martyr

Arcane
how's the performance of Soul Harvest compared to Spellforce 3?
Spellforce 3 runs smoothly and the loading screens only take a couple of seconds, BUT initial loading takes up to 3 minutes, which is borderline unbearable.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Spellforce 3 runs smoothly and the loading screens only take a couple of seconds, BUT initial loading takes up to 3 minutes, which is borderline unbearable.
It is better. Have no idea why is taking 3 minutes to load for you. Still if you are doing long session 3 min are nothing,you could just go a get a mountaindew from the fridge in this time :).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Free beer for soul harvesters:

One crisp fall morning, General Aerev received an urgent letter from Queen Ayelith herself. It reads as follows:
General,

Reports have informed us of a barbaric ceremony taking place in the distant land of Bavaria: the „Oktoberfest.“
While no one knows the exact nature of the dark transgressions there, scouts report blasphemy and debauchery of unparalleled dimensions. Intoxicated by excessive amounts of alcohol and hypnotized by unholy tunes called “Blasmusik,” the Oktoberfest is said to break even the most virtuous spirits—prompting men and women alike to break into salacious dance and mindlessly roar along to music of questionable taste.
For the sake of morality and all that’s good and holy, Your Queen commands you to foray into Bavaria, seize control of the ceremonial grounds, and put an end to this debauchery. A specialized general from Bavaria with knowledge of native battle tactics shall aid you in your endeavors.

If possible, do return a barrel of “Wiesnbier” to Nortander upon emerging victorious. Or two.
For, uhm, research.

Signed,
Queen Ayelith

Features:
  • A new skirmish map, “Battle for the Theresa’s Meadow,” set in the fabled land of Bavaria, known for its lush meadows, cantankerous peasants, and luscious liquors: stand your ground against a friend and battle for dominion over the legendary Oktoberfest grounds
  • New Human multiplayer-hero Alois Bierdimpl (playable only on the event map), a Bavarian brew master with two new skill trees guaranteed to raise your spirits
  • New Bavarian outpost commander voice-over, which can also be used in regular skirmish matches (German voices only)
  • New Oktoberfest-themed music
O’zapft is!

It’s Oktoberfest time!

As Munich-based devs with a weakness for good beer and lederhosen, we couldn’t resist the opportunity to prepare a little something for you guys to mark the occasion. Enjoy this Free Oktoberfest DLC for SpellForce 3!

Have fun – or, as they say in Munich: Hobts a mords Gaudi!
The Grimlore Team

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought it was good. Hell of a long game too, took me 45 hours to complete according to Steam.

I did get pissed off on some of the RTS missions.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is better. Have no idea why is taking 3 minutes to load for you. Still if you are doing long session 3 min are nothing,you could just go a get a mountaindew from the fridge in this time :).
So is it better to start with the original? How good are the party controls?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think you would be able to go back to the other ones if you begin with 3, although they are worth playing*. You'll definitely miss QoL features and the eurojank would be more apparent.

*I'm almost done with the first campaign of Spellforce 1 and I might do a little write-up to try to wrap my head around why someone (incl. me) likes this game. It's complicated.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't think you would be able to go back to the other ones if you begin with 3, although they are worth playing*. You'll definitely miss QoL features and the eurojank would be more apparent.

*I'm almost done with the first campaign of Spellforce 1 and I might do a little write-up to try to wrap my head around why someone (incl. me) likes this game. It's complicated.
I disagree,as i said very different games,i still like the old ones too. Tho i don't see why he have to play trough 80 hours till he is allowed to play the new one. To be honest he should just watch a video and decide which suits him best.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
"Unique" is probably the best description for the SF3 UI, you'll either love it or hate it.
:lol::lol::lol: Which one,since it have two very different ones. I preferred the original SP3 UI and controls,the expansion dumbed down the RPG elements.

Parabalus

Arcane
"Unique" is probably the best description for the SF3 UI, you'll either love it or hate it.
:lol::lol::lol: Which one,since it have two very different ones. I preferred the original SP3 UI and controls,the expansion dumbed down the RPG elements.

Original, feel the same as you.

The aura-stuff was a bit annoying though, optimally you had to switch a lot.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This could apply to this whole series as games tbh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom