Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Codex Year of the Donut
He was written by Avellone, right? :lol:
Atw7fsl.png

Cael

Arcane
The skeletal trader sells a nice shield for Valerie. Not sure if his inventory is randomized or not because I've met him twice and it changed.
aFkQIA2.PNG
That shield should also give every enemy seeing it a -6 to all rolls due to the burn from the shade...

Yosharian

Arcane
what does the orange thing on the top left of my advisor's card mean?
It's only there for this specific mission, and it's not present on the other available advisors
9cu93a5.png
Now I've got one with green on the top left. This is explained nowhere and nothing happens when you mouse over it.
Does anyone know what this is or am I going to have to go dig through the source in dnspy?

There was a suggestion back in January to use color to indicate the type of event (red=problem, green = opportuinity, etc.) but I have no idea if that's what this is.
I'm not sure but I think it means Regongar is fucking the MC

Codex Year of the Donut
Playing Varnhold's Lot now, seeing a story simultaneously from another POV is pretty interesting and something I'd like to see more of.

Parabalus

Arcane
What's the play order for the game with the DLCs?

Play #2 and #3 before starting the main campaign, then random goodies pop up as you play it?

Removal

Scholar
Play the main right up until end of Season of Bloom, then jump over to Varnhold DLC, it lets you import your save, then you can import the Varnhold stuff back to your main

Efe

Erudite
finish until varnhol chapter (though i think its safer to just finish chapter one/two and switch than be forced to switch when ur just playing and hit varnhold mid session), play varnhold, go back to main campaign

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
How does the endless dungeon interact with the main campaign? Time is already a luxury, don't wanna waste it down there only to find out my kingdom fell apart while I was dungeon delving.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I really like the Old Sycamore caves and the way the designers have prevented you from being able to "clear out this floor > proceed to the next". I've had to run back to Oleg's to rest and sell stuff though. The dungeon will leave me with memories, but I doubt I'll feel like going through it again any time soon.

It's a very nice change to have huge areas to explore, after playing Deadfire. It was very sad with its 2-3 dungeons of multiple levels for the whole game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I really like the Old Sycamore caves and the way the designers have prevented you from being able to "clear out this floor > proceed to the next". I've had to run back to Oleg's to rest and sell stuff though. The dungeon will leave me with memories, but I doubt I'll feel like going through it again any time soon.

It's a very nice change to have huge areas to explore, after playing Deadfire. It was very sad with its 2-3 dungeons of multiple levels for the whole game.
I never went back to Oleg's to sell stuff in the middle of Sycamore. 75% of the stuff there is not worth lugging around. You just pick up stuff that is worth most per 1 unit of weight. Then when you cannot carry anymore, you start dropping stuff that it worth the least per unit of weight.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I never went back to Oleg's to sell stuff in the middle of Sycamore. 75% of the stuff there is not worth lugging around. You just pick up stuff that is worth most per 1 unit of weight. Then when you cannot carry anymore, you start dropping stuff that it worth the least per unit of weight.
It's not so much the loot and encumbrance - I ran out of healing and Valerie and Amiri are nearly dead. I first entered the Mite cave, and I'm now in the "Depths" area.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

It's not so much the loot and encumbrance - I ran out of healing and Valerie and Amiri are nearly dead. I'm first entered the Mite cave, and I'm now in the "Depths" area.
In that case you just exit the cave and rest there and go back in.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I thought about that but it felt too much like rest-spamming. Also, I got ambushed during rest twice and got fed up with it.
Jaethal has a good ability early on, that helps with ambushing while resting. During your rest she auto summons 2 skeletons to guard you, whilst you sleep.

Sykar

Arcane
I thought about that but it felt too much like rest-spamming. Also, I got ambushed during rest twice and got fed up with it.
Jaethal has a good ability early on, that helps with ambushing while resting. During your rest she auto summons 2 skeletons to guard you, whilst you sleep.

Alternatively Harrim and Regongar decrease chances for an ambush happening during rests to almost nothing.

AwesomeButton

Patron
It's funny that this only happened if I tried to rest within the "Sycamore outside" area. Once I was out on the world map, I could rest and I never had ambushes. Could have been luck. Anyway I just decided to take the time and return all the way to Oleg's.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I got ambushed a shitton, I guess I had shit RNG.

Codex Year of the Donut

Time is a luxury in this game, careful not to waste it

AwesomeButton

Patron

I still have like 70 days left, I think that's more than enough...

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

I killed the Staglord with 10 days left.
:shredder:

Codex Year of the Donut

You want to be ahead when doing story content so you have an excess of time during lulls for managing your barony.
if you finish it fast enough you get a weapon as a reward

Codex Year of the Donut
BTW, to be as non-spoiler as possible: pay attention to the story/lore when doing things like making trade agreements, don't do them blindly.

Codex Year of the Donut
The inn sidequest in Varnhold's Lot is well done
Failing a perception check completely changes how you view the story

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom