Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Non IGN shit

I have the original on STEAM, Should I play it or hold off on something else?

It looks like they're trying to imitate the body language during dialogs which made Bloodlines stand out, but they have a case of way more advanced technology and way less giving a fuck going on. Not impressed in that regard.

Lord Andre

Arcane
The gameplay shown is slightly above hot garbage... day 1 purchase it is.

:d1p::bounce::argh:

Also, Mitsoda looks like a socially inept manchild that they need to parade around for the name recognition. The fat chick is there as his handler and to answer questions in his stead when the up close human contact turns his speech pattern to gibberish.

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Leaked image from the gameplay recording session:
iqosi8hghx331.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Has anyone asked the most important question? Will money return?

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This talk with club owner doesn't make sense. She didn't tell you what kind of information you need to purchase from Slugg.
Yeah what the fuck is up with that?

Throw away writing, not even bothering to enter into specifics and worldbuild a little. There are many problems in the demo, but this might be the worst.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They wanted to make something big on the chick but since this is 2019 they could not make big boobs like Bloodlines 1.

maybe... but i might figured it out.

There are snake vampires.

Followers of Set clan.

Their signature Discipline is Serpentis which allows them to take on aspects of snakes.

Thats a snake. And thats why she doesnt have much of facial animations.

Wesp5

Arcane
This talk with club owner doesn't make sense. She didn't tell you what kind of information you need to purchase from Slugg.

Throw away writing, not even bothering to enter into specifics and worldbuild a little. There are many problems in the demo, but this might be the worst.

Obviously you met her before and might know what she is after. Or at least Slugg might know if you tell him about her, that could still all make sense...

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, was that dude really playing this on a steering wheel? For me, the biggest problem with this demo was that the player kept lunging forward past/into the enemies. It was like he had no depth perception or no control of his speed. But I suspect that has more to do with the player than the game, especially if he was playing it on a steering wheel controller designed for a racing game (WTF is wrong with Paradox’s PR?).

Need to watch it again now that I’m fully awake, but I have to admit that when the footage started and you can hear Brian as the newscaster talking about female sex slaves being discovered in a sex dungeon, it warmed the cockles of my cold, dead heart.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I also didn't get what all these HUD bars were about and will ask him about it!

Left, bloodpoints 5 of them.
Bottom frenzy level, aka how close you are to frenzy.
Yellow bar, concusion damage. Recovers when not damaged for a while.
Green bar, aggravated damage, knifes and stuff. If you run out of yellow bar, it might go to health damage. I didn't see him running out of yellow bar, thus who knows what are consequences.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Are people genuinely excited for this garbage? Hit detection does not exist, AI is braindead, the only good thing about this is how most places look nice.
Why don't you hate Vtmb 1 for these exact reasons? What , did that game have fantastic combat or something? And "garbage"? Passing verdict on this game based on 1 aspect of it and also the shittiest of them all, the combat?

Now to those in this thread. Just came here to read up on some news after a few days and I see people bitching about facial expressions, voice acting and combat, a few pages at least. What about skills, dialogue and dialogue options, reactivity, arsenal, immersive sim elements, stealth, level design hell anything else. This is supposed to be an RPG. I'm shocked you didn't complain about graphics.

I hate all vampire games equally, don't get me wrong. I never played the old Vampire games because I hated them when they released just as much. I'm just noting that this new one is completely broken, mechanically and engine-wise.
Choosing whether or not to play a game based purely on its theme is as bad as watching movies for the plot, or worse

I simply cannot stand vampires, I am sorry. I find them the most annoying thing ever, whether it's movies, games or fiction.
The fuck are you doing here then???

J1M

Arcane

It could be intentional ambiguity because the game design didn't have the details fleshed out when the writing tasks were distributed.

The optimist might say that it is to introduce a sense of mystery.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just watched the whole gameplay part and it looks like DSP or a journo trying to play the game. It have been some time since we had such a glorious gamez skills.

A big negatives are how shit the radio voice is and how shit the club music is. I am surprised that people don't talk about it. Also the level/mission design seems poor. The guy that you are searching for is just waiting for you at the entry point for arbitrary chase sequence :roll:.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
that ign footage was painful to sit through. i liked the lighting, but everything else, ui/hud/animations was simply a mess. the retard playing didn't help, either. do they have anyone working there that actually played anything but phone trash in their life?
A big negatives are how shit the radio voice is.
nigger are you serious.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The problem is that combat in first person feels like a caveman smashing something with the same movements again and again, just like skyrim. theres a reason why melee combat is mostly played in third person even in the first bloodlines.
Go play Condemned: Criminal Intent. I'll wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom