Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also the game play feels like someone was playing with one hand only. The camera moves really slow for no reason.
Controller sensitivity appears to be set to minimum.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
The problem is that combat in first person feels like a caveman smashing something with the same movements again and again, just like skyrim. theres a reason why melee combat is mostly played in third person even in the first bloodlines.
Go play Condemned: Criminal Intent. I'll wait.
Zeno Clash and Chronicles of Riddick are also deece choices.

agris

Arcane
Patron
dat quest compass in the vids

:prosper:

edit: i love how natural the NPCs look when just standing around

allnatural.jpg

edit2: is there a version of the video that doesn't look like it was recorded in 16 bit color?

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hand't watched anything about the game until E3, then a colleague from work who is a Vampire nut forced that video down my throat.
And then I guess he "forced" you to come into the thread and add your two cents, because however much you hate vampires, you sure love talking about them. Kinda like how I go drinking at gay clubs every night so I can tell everyone there I'm not gay.

I also didn't get what all these HUD bars were about and will ask him about it!
If I can piggyback on this, you might mention to them that some players enjoy turning off things in the HUD. I don't need all that screen clutter.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I also didn't get what all these HUD bars were about and will ask him about it!
If I can piggyback on this, you might mention to them that some players enjoy turning off things in the HUD. I don't need all that screen clutter.

Seconded. I don't need constant POI indicators while I'm feeding on someone, quest status updates jumping into the upper right-hand side of the screen and staying there, and my currently selected weapon icon/diamond when i'm looking right at in the screen. it's a W3 mess in the video.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
:hmmm:
Just watch the first 30 seconds in Morgoth 's video and tell me that the new voice is gud!!!
that's brian mitsoda, who also did a lot of voicework for the first game, and his voice is fine. actually, the video would be much improved if instead of "playing" the game, the journalist would jsut stand around and listen to the radio.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:hmmm:
Just watch the first 30 seconds in Morgoth 's video and tell me that the new voice is gud!!!
that's brian mitsoda, who also did a lot of voicework for the first game, and his voice is fine. actually, the video would be much improved if instead of "playing" the game, the journalist would jsut stand around and listen to the radio.
Yeah,i remember him being the dude that lied about having a yacht....at least that voice. Still couldn't hold a candle to the Deb of night! Oh and i agree that it would have been an improvement if he just sat there. Doesn't mean that he is gud tho.

agris

Arcane
Patron
ragdolling an npc onto a railing only to have them balance at their hip over it was p. good use of physics

Last edited:

Egosphere

Arcane
I kinda like it. Looks like there are different ways to approach the quests and there are decent options in the dialogue. Combat looks poor, but I didn't play the first one for the combat either.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Can't believe it's come to asking these question about a game that's supposed to give you multiple approaches.
Is there any stealth in this? Lethal/NonletNon-options? Extra points for completing certain missions without being detected, like in Vtmb 1? Have they said anything? Is there a sneak feat/skill?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The video was surprisingly decent.

I don't even mind the janky combat. I've always thought it kinda comes with the territory of making RPG's and is part of the gameplay flow and character progression. Most newer "RPG's" that have gone more fluid and shootery with their combat mechanics, have usually been worse games for it (and many other things).

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Hey people, I got some precisions from our team in LA about the setup of the press demo you've seen shared since this morning (full gameplay demo of ~20 min). Those demos are hands-off, it's a Paradox person playing the game, the journalist is making the decisions like choosing the thinblood discipline or dialog options, but not holding the pad (despite some claims I've seen that people actually played the game). I'll ask you to assume all lack of skills or bad melee gameplay is caused by our team on the floor of E3 being super exhausted :smile: On a more serious note, as soon as we have time to do and publish one, we'll have our own clean recording of the demo shared on the official accounts, and we promise it'll be played by someone who's good at punching people while remaining in front of them :wink:

Konbendith - PDX Community Lead

jungl

Augur
combat looks very janky this is indeed a bloodlines sequel but the combat looks slightly worse. They put too much effort in making it look cool with the first person view and short cinematics that play like skyrim finishers but its pointless with this amount of jank. It'll be nice if in options they let us see the combat floating numbers like the original and there mod to put in toggable 3D.

Combat scenarios pretty dumb this goes back with their questionable design decision trying make the player feel like a big bad vamp. You have multiple dudes armed with shotguns and assault rifles. Im sorry but a thin blood would get lit the fuck up.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What a cancerous looking claustofuck of hud is that, it looks if was made with console/controller players in mind :argh:.
Elif looks like quality waifu material, not near Therese Voerman levels but decent. Club track looks gay but that is Seattle after all. Animation looks odd, even the fist game looked more fluid from what i remember, locking picking/puzzle is also lacking with a hold button for x amount of time "normie casual" approach to it.
:bunkertime:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom