Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Prime Junta

Some random dude came into my monastery asking stuff with tattoo sleeves like that, I could see a monk reacting that way.

tenor.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We were talking about full-length gameplay videos, but it's true that what he said could also apply to trailers or anything else.

Quillon

Arcane
Since Obs games don't have their own channels, he assumed and came up with 2 asses it seems.

Fairfax

Arcane
He said "trailer" and "videos". He also said the Cyberpunk channel has 158k subscribers, but that's CDPR's channel, which doesn't have the videos. The man is senile.

575,000 is still significantly fewer than 4 million. :M
Yet the official upload has 9.67 million views, more than both GameSpot uploads combined.

He could've made some sense if he was talking about extremely small studios who may not even have a YT channel, but he used the most hyped game from E3 as an example. He didn't even search for other games to see if what he said is true, otherwise he would've seen that it doesn't apply to any other moderately popular game at E3 either. In fact most of the big ones have more views on official channels, just like CP2077. And even if that wasn't the case, it didn't cross his mind that publishers would be leaving a lot of views and a non-insignificant amount of money on the table by not uploading the videos on YT.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
As hyped game as Cyberpunk 2077 is, they could really drive people to their own channels with the videos they post, they could get millions of views on the gameplay videos alone, and get the ad-money from youtube, which might not be huge, but still one extra income stream. They could get some nice extra money if they'd get many videos with even about million views each. Why let someone else get that money instead?

The Real Fanboy
He said "trailer" and "videos". He also said the Cyberpunk channel has 158k subscribers, but that's CDPR's channel, which doesn't have the videos. The man is senile.

575,000 is still significantly fewer than 4 million. :M
Yet the official upload has 9.67 million views, more than both GameSpot uploads combined.

He could've made some sense if he was talking about extremely small studios who may not even have a YT channel, but he used the most hyped game from E3 as an example. He didn't even search for other games to see if what he said is true, otherwise he would've seen that it doesn't apply to any other moderately popular game at E3 either. In fact most of the big ones have more views on official channels, just like CP2077. And even if that wasn't the case, it didn't cross his mind that publishers would be leaving a lot of views and a non-insignificant amount of money on the table by not uploading the videos on YT.

Damn dude it’s just a tumblr post not a history exam

Diggfinger

Arcane
I hate Josh but also love him. Like he's the kind of dude I'd wanna punch a lot, but also the kind of dude I wanna be. Like when gays are secret gays and become pastors and tell everyone gays are bad but make out with dudes in bathrooms.

:happytrollboy:funny as hell, well done :troll:

hexer

cyberpunk 2077 could get millions of views on anything just by having keanu reeves retweet it

Surely but he doesn't seem like a person that spends time on the internet.
From what I see he doesn't even have an official social media account .. probably just an email account

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Searched "No Cartridge" and got no results, sorry if it's been posted:

https://radiopublic.com/no-cartridge-audio-6rVz1K/ep/s1!bc959

At long last, an audio production of our classic April live show where I was joined with the immortal Liv, who helped me talk with Obsidian's Josh Sawyer about Darklands, Fallout, and his origins as a legendary narrative mind in games. Not to be missed!

He throws out the old "Junktown had a surprise ending slide" thing I've heard a few people say. Wiki says:

In the original write-up of Junktown, the "ending sequence" was reversed from its final incarnation. See the alternate endings for the original versions, which were changed because the marketing department decided at the last minute that the game had to "reward good and punish bad".[1]

Was there an actual released version of the game that had the grim ending for Killian/happy for Gizmo? I played it late, and mine was definitely Killian happy/Gizmo bad.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom