Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

I want edgy gothic metal.
yes.png

inb4 not really gothmetal. Fuck it, I'll settle for some cock and ball torture, too.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
We havent seen any combat of Cyberpunk. and its not why its getting good reactions at all. Dipshit.

HansDampf

Arcane
The fabulous optimist would say, the quest markers are pre-alpha have only been added to the E3 demo for game jarnalists, so they don't get lost and write negative previews. I remember, when they first announced the game back in March(?), one of their bullet points was that this game won't have quest markers or compass, and there'd be no hand-holding. It's either that or betrayal.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I remember, when they first announced the game back in March(?), one of their bullet points was that this game won't have quest markers or compass, and there'd be no hand-holding.
I'd love to see that dug up. Not being sarcastic. Any ammo we had to get stupidity markers removed from the game would be valued, at least in our hearts.

HansDampf

Arcane
I remember, when they first announced the game back in March(?), one of their bullet points was that this game won't have quest markers or compass, and there'd be no hand-holding.
I'd love to see that dug up. Not being sarcastic. Any ammo we had to get stupidity markers removed from the game would be valued, at least in our hearts.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vtmb/comments/b5io9j/heres_a_list_of_details_that_are_currently_known/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-we-know-so-far.1163043/
I also remember one of the devs (a woman with weird hair) saying it in an interview, but I can't find the video right now.

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm pretty sure the long-neck girl is Tremere. She's referencing the Pyramid and has some visually matching jewelry.
The long neck is probably just part of the jank.

Nines_Anarch

Learned
Searching at Linkedin and at Hardsuit Labs official page I've found this:

Current Openings (12) at Hardsuit Labs (most of them from last month, some of them only 2 weeks ago):

https://workforcenow...e=MP&lang=en_US

Level Designer

Hardsuit Labs is looking for a talented Level Designer to join our growing team, and to help us create exciting new gameplay experiences!

Character Animator

We at HSL employ a variety of handkey and motion capture techniques and are looking for a strong animator who can contribute immediately

Producer

Cool, level-headed and even-keeled – you keep the horses looking forward when the cart is on fire. We’re looking for an enthusiastic

Senior VFX Artist

Hardsuit Labs is currently looking for a Senior VFX artist to join our team. You’ll use your artistic and technical skills to bring the ...

Technical Designer

We are looking for someone with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, who has experience working with multiple disciplines.

Creative Director

We are looking for an experienced Creative Director to join our team. Manage the creative process from inception to launch and translate ...

Art Director

Reporting to the studio art director, you will provide artistic leadership and will be a vision holder in the execution and delivery of a...

Senior UE4 Engineer

We are looking for a well-rounded and self-motivated Programmer to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity for someone who ...

Senior Gameplay Engineer

The ideal candidate has a long-standing passion for playing games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, and demonstrated...

Systems Designer

We are looking for talented systems designer to join our growing team and help us create exciting new gameplay experiences! You are the ...

Senior Animator

We are looking for someone who excels at problem solving, communication, and has a passion for animation. Hardsuit Labs is looking for ...

Combat Designer

We are looking for someone who feels comfortable collaborating across various disciplines, and has experience building and tuning

Hardsuit Labs seems to be aware of all the things that need work. Maybe they don't have yet the appropiate people to improve on those so instead of raging against all what you think is bad about the game if you know any person who could take those jobs you know what to do. The game clearly needs some talented people. Spread the word if you want them to deliver the game we all have been waiting for.

I just hope they will delay the release date for the game. Definitely needs some big touches for it to shine. Specially in facial and combat animations. Well, ALL animations in general.

I insist, Spread the word everywhere. I will definitely do.
Otherwise, things may not change...

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Peak gameplay

Of all the things to remain faithful to, why would they choose to stick with Bloodlines' utterly terrible early-game bullet hose guns?

It was like he had no depth perception

Sawyer was right

My current prediction: The Outer Worlds will have better combat and writing than Bloodlines 2, and Boyarsky will finally take back the valor stolen from him by Mitsoda, the guy who showed up mid-development and left before release because he was mad about Activision freezing the game before it was "finished" and could tell Troika had no future.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
That unfortunately seems to be true, but taking the first part of your sentence into account, it still is better than expected, and thus, we can be relieved.
It will be like Deus Ex HR compared to the original: people will be relieved that it's not shit (but it's not good either). Basically the "best" outcome you can expect in the current year

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Non IGN shit

I have the original on STEAM, Should I play it or hold off on something else?

Those dance moves:

Things that need to change:

- Dialogue = yes, no, ask question. Occasional opportunity to be polite and occasional opportunity to be a jackass. Occasional skill check. Literally Fallout 4 with a mod that shows the full text.

- Light bloom. Random cuts to third person. Blurry resolution like Oblivion. Bizarre "speed waves because you're running so fast!" even though my grandma jogs faster.

- Audio doesn't change dynamically based on location, but with scripted volume based on location. The effect is jarring.

- Those fucking hands when you ready for combat.

- Also, way too much HUD. Totally obtrusive.

Last edited:

Loostreaks

Learned
It's funny because combat here looks as shit as it does in Cyberpunk yet every codexer is sucking CDPR's tranny dick in that thread. Makes you think

Combat in 2077 already looks hundred times better than any Arpg or Immersive Sim ( except Dishonored). You're either a troll or ignorant idiot at this point.

Searching at Linkedin and at Hardsuit Labs official page I've found this:

Current Openings (12) at Hardsuit Labs (most of them from last month, some of them only 2 weeks ago):

https://workforcenow...e=MP&lang=en_US

Level Designer

Hardsuit Labs is looking for a talented Level Designer to join our growing team, and to help us create exciting new gameplay experiences!

Character Animator

We at HSL employ a variety of handkey and motion capture techniques and are looking for a strong animator who can contribute immediately

Producer

Cool, level-headed and even-keeled – you keep the horses looking forward when the cart is on fire. We’re looking for an enthusiastic

Senior VFX Artist

Hardsuit Labs is currently looking for a Senior VFX artist to join our team. You’ll use your artistic and technical skills to bring the ...

Technical Designer

We are looking for someone with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, who has experience working with multiple disciplines.

Creative Director

We are looking for an experienced Creative Director to join our team. Manage the creative process from inception to launch and translate ...

Art Director

Reporting to the studio art director, you will provide artistic leadership and will be a vision holder in the execution and delivery of a...

Senior UE4 Engineer

We are looking for a well-rounded and self-motivated Programmer to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity for someone who ...

Senior Gameplay Engineer

The ideal candidate has a long-standing passion for playing games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, and demonstrated...

Systems Designer

We are looking for talented systems designer to join our growing team and help us create exciting new gameplay experiences! You are the ...

Senior Animator

We are looking for someone who excels at problem solving, communication, and has a passion for animation. Hardsuit Labs is looking for ...

Combat Designer

We are looking for someone who feels comfortable collaborating across various disciplines, and has experience building and tuning

Hardsuit Labs seems to be aware of all the things that need work. Maybe they don't have yet the appropiate people to improve on those so instead of raging against all what you think is bad about the game if you know any person who could take those jobs you know what to do. The game clearly needs some talented people. Spread the word if you want them to deliver the game we all have been waiting for.

I just hope they will delay the release date for the game. Definitely needs some big touches for it to shine. Specially in facial and combat animations. Well, ALL animations in general.

I insist, Spread the word everywhere. I will definitely do.
Otherwise, things may not change...

Speaking as a former dev. They're not going to be able to hire guys, acclimatise them, and get them working making the game not shit within the time they have left. Even with crunch and generous milestone rewards that's not workable.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
What a trainwreck. This will be even worse than the first one. The only thing I will give them credit for is that the climbing looks nice, but the rest is garbage.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
My current prediction: The Outer Worlds will have better combat and writing than Bloodlines 2, and Boyarsky will finally take back the valor stolen from him by Mitsoda, the guy who showed up mid-development and left before release because he was mad about Activision freezing the game before it was "finished" and could tell Troika had no future.
"Evil corporations" will never be better writing than anything involved with VTM, no matter how shit Bloodlines 2 is. And nothing that's so far been revealed from Outer Worlds shows that it will have better combat.

Delterius

Arcane
"Evil corporations" will never be better writing than anything involved with VTM, no matter how shit Bloodlines 2 is. And nothing that's so far been revealed from Outer Worlds shows that it will have better combat.
its p realistic tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom