Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Efe

Erudite
i think i failed that check... what exactly goes on there?

hell bovine

Arcane
Essentially:
:deadtroll:
My party found the room with the above. No idea what happens if you find the other clues but miss the main one.

Sykar

Arcane
I really like the Old Sycamore caves and the way the designers have prevented you from being able to "clear out this floor > proceed to the next". I've had to run back to Oleg's to rest and sell stuff though. The dungeon will leave me with memories, but I doubt I'll feel like going through it again any time soon.

It's a very nice change to have huge areas to explore, after playing Deadfire. It was very sad with its 2-3 dungeons of multiple levels for the whole game.
Time is a luxury in this game, careful not to waste it
I still have like 70 days left, I think that's more than enough...

I was done around that time first time I played.

nikolokolus

Arcane
So I finally cleared some time to actually play this thing after buying it months ago (and waiting for most of the bugs to get ironed out). Has anybody had issues installing this through GOG Galaxy? There or four times it gets to 99.9% downloaded, then fails. I've seen a few other people reporting this on the Gog forum, but no solutions. If push comes to shove, I'll just download the installer files, but 32 gigs takes a few hours on my connection and I'd rather not. Any insight is appreciated.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It installed normally for me. I just let it install and went to playing something else in the meantime.

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
So I finally cleared some time to actually play this thing after buying it months ago (and waiting for most of the bugs to get ironed out). Has anybody had issues installing this through GOG Galaxy? There or four times it gets to 99.9% downloaded, then fails. I've seen a few other people reporting this on the Gog forum, but no solutions. If push comes to shove, I'll just download the installer files, but 32 gigs takes a few hours on my connection and I'd rather not. Any insight is appreciated.

I have a similiar issue right now. Game won't update. GOG Galaxy fucks up sometimes. That's just the way it is.
A manual install should work though.

The galaxy updater is a piece of shit. It was regularly taking around 30 minutes to install (not download) 50mb patches on multiple games. No idea why it’s so bloated, but manual downloads and installs are for sure the way to go with gog.

Codex Year of the Donut
i think i failed that check... what exactly goes on there?
The innkeepers were cannibals, the son was selling their gear.
The weretigers were completely innocent, they were just trying to live amongst people but the innkeepers tried to murder/eat them.
You can point this out by finding the innkeeper's bodies in the cave to the northwest -- they're only a few days old, and contrasting it to the bodies in the larder which are much older implying the innkeepers were the ones who did it.

Efe

Erudite
i failed like every check there and left promptly in shame..
is there any good loot?

Codex Year of the Donut
Anyone with intimate knowledge of tabletop Pathfinder?
Is it correct for eccl-whatever clerics to be unable to place their domain spells in regular spell slots? e.g., a water cleric can only memorize cloudkill once.

nvm, had my domains backwards.

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
As far as I know, yes, it's normal. Only the Ecclesitheurge cleric subclass can place his primary domain spells in regular spell slots (but his secondary domain spells are domain slot restricted), but otherwise cleric domain spells are restricted to domain slots - unless they coincidentally are also in your regular cleric spell list.

Codex Year of the Donut
As far as I know, yes, it's normal. Only the Ecclesitheurge cleric subclass can place his primary domain spells in regular spell slots (but his secondary domain spells are domain slot restricted), but otherwise cleric domain spells are restricted to domain slots - unless they coincidentally are also in your regular cleric spell list.
I picked the wrong primary domain, I thought it applied to both :M

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I picked the wrong primary domain, I thought it applied to both :M
Wasn't that the major reason Tristan was suboptimal? He would be a lot more useful if Fire were his primary domain.

Shadenuat

Arcane
TBH Cleric always has so much stuff to do that filling slots with damaging spells is a luxury only opening during endgame.

And Fire domain is actually mediocre, you get some fireballs (Flame Strike is better because it does Divine damage) and solitary summons. You do not get Incendiary Cloud or Elemental Swarm from PnP.

Weather, Water & Death - now we're talking.

Sharpedge

Prophet
TBH Cleric always has so much stuff to do that filling slots with damaging spells is a luxury only opening during endgame.

And Fire domain is actually mediocre, you get some fireballs (Flame Strike is better because it does Divine damage) and solitary summons. You do not get Incendiary Cloud or Elemental Swarm from PnP.

Weather, Water & Death - now we're talking.
If you are trying to play a melee cleric which bashes things with weapons, fire is pretty good at level 19/20, since it gives you access to fiery body. Weather is definitely a stronger choice overall though.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If you're playing Melee cleric I think you can choose something else. Luck is obvious, even if they fix second ability being infinite per day instead of 1/day. I also found Nobility interesting. I don't remember +2 Insight on party anywhere, looks unique.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I saw that problem. Next try it worked though.

so how's the new DLC? I'm waiting for final bugfixing to jump back in
Overall it’s okay. If you’re the sort of crpg player whose favorite part of the game is character creation/party planning it’s quite good. The dungeon itself is pretty boring to explore though, and success can be a bit rng-heavy depending on what creatures and modifiers get combined.

Codex Year of the Donut
FYI it's also available in the main game. I think that version of the dungeon is just a static version with a set amount of levels.

Codex Year of the Donut
The performance of this game is still ass and one of my bigger gripes now. The graphics settings have 0 impact, in larger maps I drop down to 12-15 FPS in battles. Typically 25-30 FPS during exploring.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hm, it was running better with ~40 fps during exploring and 20-30 in combat even on Intel Pentium G4600 + 460 GTX (my Mom second PC!). I was kinda surprised how ok it runs there - first POE had horrible performance in endgame fights there.

So it seems you either trying to play it on calculator or your PC does some mining in background.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hm, it was running better with ~40 fps during exploring and 20-30 in combat even on Intel Pentium G4600 + 460 GTX (my Mom second PC!). I was kinda surprised how ok it runs there - first POE had horrible performance in endgame fights there.

So it seems you either trying to play it on calculator or your PC does some mining in background.
How far into the game are you? It gets worse the longer you play, it was a lot higher during the Varnhold DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom