Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
it's probably a ripoff of 12 monkeys since kojima loves his cinematic pastiche

Machocruz

Arcane
Kojima's trailer game has fallen way off. Say what you will about the final products, but the trailers for the MGS games were some of the greatest game trailers ever produced. So far the ones for this game aren't even close.

Kojima's trailer game has fallen way off. Say what you will about the final products, but the trailers for the MGS games were some of the greatest game trailers ever produced. So far the ones for this game aren't even close.
Well, a trailer is just a short, snappy exploration of a concept. Say what you will about them, but the MGS games all have fairly recognizable concepts, cool looking characters, etc. All the editing in the world can't save a silly/boring/pretentious concept with a mediocre art style from looking lame, and Death Stranding looks like it's trying too hard to be special without actually putting any work into being special, if that distinction makes sense. Ergo, shrug-inducing trailers.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
Just wait until the circle jerks begin. You're gonna have /v/irgins hailing it as some profound work of art, shoving it down people's throats, and getting pissed off whenever it's mentioned in any negative context in order to avoid admitting to themselves that they have shit taste.
It's not just Death Stranding that causes this shit. We've seen it before with Rick and Morty, nier automata, and anything else that panders to autists instead of normies.

Just stick to Yakuza instead. The new game looks pretty dank.
In regards to nier automata, I enjoyed the approach to storytelling, that was cool. All of the symbolism I could go without though.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

DeepOcean

Arcane
Homo Demons.

Gay demons.

There is a japanese trailer where Norman Reedus is attacked by a tentacle beast.

Norman Reedus gets pregnant.

Now it all makes sense.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is this Sony published or just an exclusive deal? It looks like one of the very rare console exclusives that make me wish I could play it.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Gameplay evolved
D8M5HgXXYAYdpOq.jpg:large

Viata

Arcane
Being published by Sony doesn't means it's Playstation Only. Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Soul and Detroit: Become Human were all published by Sony, yet all 3 of them have been confirmed to release on PC this year.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's using a Sony exclusive engine, has had extensive support from sony first party developers. If its not a Sony exclusive, then it will only be released years from release on pc.

Solid Snail

Learned
It's using a Sony exclusive engine, has had extensive support from sony first party developers. If its not a Sony exclusive, then it will only be released years from release on pc.
Titanfall 2 uses Source and it wasn't released on Steam, the engine means nothing.

PrettyDeadman

Titanfall 2 uses Source and it wasn't released on Steam, the engine means nothing.
Steam doesn't use exclusivity as a tool to attract people to their platform, Sony does that a lot...
Engine doesn't mean much, but to whom it belongs does.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Being published by Sony doesn't means it's Playstation Only. Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Soul and Detroit: Become Human were all published by Sony, yet all 3 of them have been confirmed to release on PC this year.

That's why I asked, because if it's just being published/funded by them like those games then it might go multiplatform later on after agreements are ended or whatever. If it's a Sony studio and Sony owns the IP though, no fucking chance. It all depends.

Solid Snail

Learned

That's why I asked, because if it's just being published/funded by them like those games then it might go multiplatform later on after agreements are ended or whatever. If it's a Sony studio and Sony owns the IP though, no fucking chance. It all depends.
Considering Kojima stated the game would release on PS4 and PC, and never denied that statement, I presume it will be on PC one year later or so. If Tim happens maybe 2 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom