Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood: Fresh Supply - remaster by Nightdive Studios, published by Atari

Wunderbar

Arcane
Edit: Bullet sponge bosses aren't challenging or fun though imo compared to regular fights. Would help if they at least had lots of visual damage that you could do to them. Like shoot bits off, whatever. To make it seem less weird to just be blasting away to no obvious effect until they suddenly drop ages later.
You kill one Cerberus' head halfway through his health bar.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Edit: Bullet sponge bosses aren't challenging or fun though imo compared to regular fights. Would help if they at least had lots of visual damage that you could do to them. Like shoot bits off, whatever. To make it seem less weird to just be blasting away to no obvious effect until they suddenly drop ages later.
You kill one Cerberus' head halfway through his health bar.
Huh. I don't even remember that. Wonder if I ran into a bug or I just didn't notice.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Just replayed his original boss fight and yeah, noticed it this time.
I thought a head would get blown off or something and was wondering how I could have possibly missed that, as I usually fight him up close. Turns out it was just much more subtle and his left head just sort of hangs down after a while. Missed the transition, though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Seems Gog and co have been picking up shooters left and right and now diablo. Too soon for a Hellgate London? (the patch I have for win10 is god awful and it just works terribly (revival patch... maybe I fucked it up...). Totally missed all the online play with that one (sure its kinda drab and nothing like blood or those where you can blast off chunks but it was a little addictive even if the randomness was mind numbing).

Astral Rag

Arcane
The Beta branch on Steam has been updated a few days ago:

• New actor flag for not dropping items/keys (Cerberus fix),
  • Various misc. Fixes involving Hitscan and Vectorscan,
  • Start/End parameters for the CanSee function has been reversed - fixes MANY behavior problems,
  • Fixed damage sectors not immediately damaging player on land impact,
  • Fixed scroll floors/ceilings in wrong direction in E2M6,
  • Fixed code to determine if wall should have decals (using proper logic now). Fixes decals not showing up in many areas in E1M1,
  • Fixed up A LOT of the Cultists behaviors. Only use a 2D hitscan vector for determining sightlight checks instead of 3D. Fixes several problems,
  • Cultists now play Gib SEQ based on type,
  • Cultists and Earth/Axe Zombies now ignore damaged based sectors (fixes AI issue in DWE1M1),
  • Proximity range for prox mines is now correct,
  • Fix issue with gib objects and other types from spawning two of the same item,
  • Fixed a typo with Exp_Dynamite_Wall, resulting in no SEQ from playing when invoked,
  • Minor bug fix with the CanSee function. Fixes an issue in DWE3M2,
  • Art tile animation is now randomized for oscil,
  • Fix mouse not working on main menu after loading lower saves,
  • Audio velocity option is now saved to config,
  • Player no longer falls while dead in water,
  • Camera no longer toggle chasecam while in menu,
  • Map markers now show with an exclusive cheat (new cheat code: OAKISLAND),
  • Can now switch weapons during any point of the gun's state that isn't lowering or holstering,
  • Fixed a bug where explosion objects would persist due to bad underflow of xSprite's data1 and data4 members,
  • Fixed hitscan wall detection and wall UV mapping,
  • Added scale console variable for the weapon wheel. Set g_weaponWheelScale in the console to change it (defaults to 1.0),
  • Changed player jump boot height to 24.0. Makes it easier to reach the rooms in BB1,
  • Bug fix with wall unlock commands sending a ON command,
  • Support for padlock actor.

For what it's worth, this update didn't mess up my save.

mindfields

Learned
I lost interest in this the second I found out it wasn't a real source port but just another clone using original assets. I'd pay for an eduke32 or GZDoom type port but this is basically a fan game.

CyberModuled

Savant
New patch:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1010750/announcements/detail/1612765261451213302

Hello Everybody,

It's that time again. We hope you have been enjoying the game so far. We have another patch ready to push out for everybody, and we hope you like all the fixes we've made:

Patch Notes for Update #2 (1.9.5)
--------------------------------------------
  • Gargoyle Statues can be moved and bleed when shot,
  • Ecto Skull Projectile is now transparent,
  • Reflection effect appears on player when picking up the reflection powerup,
  • Fixed bug with pressing use on wall sprites very close to the wall (fixes some issues in Death Wish),
  • Crash fix for Bloody Pulp Fiction mod,
  • Phantasm bleeds when shot,
  • Fixed bug with pressing use on wall sprites with flip-y flag set. Fixes issue in DWE3M6,
  • Support for unused dude actor types,
  • INI parsing system now replicates Monolith's implementation (fixes numerous issues with user INIs),
  • Full rendering support for wall type 501,
  • Bug fix with Fat Zombies not seeing the player at the beginning of DWE3M2,
  • Sounds played by QAV animations now assigns to channel 16 and up - fixes some problems with them cutting off Caleb's speeches,
  • Reverse search order for linked sprites to sector stacks. Fixes DWE1M3,
  • Reversed CanSee ray direction for CheckProximity - fixes proximity behavior,
  • Fixed incorrect impact fx on vector firing on mid-textures via overpicnum,
  • Jump Boots now protects against pummel type damage,
  • Fixed crash when dropping items not defined in definition system,
  • Fixed issues when interacting with usable walls and sectors marked as ‘pushwall’,
  • RFF system is no longer case-sensitive when looking up data entries,
  • Dude sprite types now activates when receiving the TOUCH or PUSH command,
  • Dude sprite types now applies BLOCKING/HITSCAN/INTERACT flags on spawn,
  • Player can now interact with stone statues,
  • Corrected the bounceDamage factor for Spiders (was 1200 instead of 1600) which result in premature fall damage when they fall near the end of e2m7,
  • New actor flag for not dropping items/keys (Cerberus fix),
  • Various misc. Fixes involving Hitscan and Vectorscan,
  • Start/End parameters for the CanSee function has been reversed - fixes MANY behavior problems,
  • Fixed damage sectors not immediately damaging player on land impact,
  • Fixed scroll floors/ceilings in wrong direction in E2M6,
  • Fixed code to determine if wall should have decals (using proper logic now). Fixes decals not showing up in many areas in E1M1,
  • Fixed up A LOT of the Cultists behaviors. Only use a 2D hitscan vector for determining sightlight checks instead of 3D. Fixes several problems,
  • Cultists now play Gib SEQ based on type,
  • Cultists and Earth/Axe Zombies now ignore damaged based sectors (fixes AI issue in DWE1M1),
  • Proximity range for prox mines is now correct,
  • Fixed issue with gib objects and other types from spawning two of the same item,
  • Fixed a typo with Exp_Dynamite_Wall, resulting in no SEQ from playing when invoked,
  • Minor bug fix with the CanSee function. Fixes an issue in DWE3M2,
  • Art tile animation is now randomized for oscil,
  • Fixed mouse not working on main menu after loading lower saves,
  • Audio velocity option is now saved to config,
  • Player no longer falls while dead in water,
  • Camera no longer toggle chasecam while in menu,
  • Map markers now show with an exclusive cheat (new cheat code: OAKISLAND),
  • Can now switch weapons during any point of the gun's state that isn't lowering or holstering,
  • Fixed a bug where explosion objects would persist due to bad underflow of xSprite's data1 and data4 members,
  • Fixed hitscan wall detection and wall UV mapping,
  • Added scale console variable for the weapon wheel. Set g_weaponWheelScale in the console to change it (defaults to 1.0),
  • Changed player jump boot height to 24.0. Makes it easier to reach the rooms in BB1,
  • Bug fix with wall unlock commands sending a ON command,
  • Support for padlock actor,
  • Allowed loading of all old (day-0 public build or later) saves.

That's all for this patch! We're still investigating some issues and they will hopefully be addressed in the next update.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Has anyone got Bloody Pulp Fiction working with this? I have the files in my addon folder and it shows up under "user addons" in the game. When I select it, it loads, but then when I start a new game it just lists the cryptic passage maps.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://www.moddb.com/mods/death-wish-for-blood/news/death-wish-16-coming-in-september

Death Wish for Blood version 1.6 coming in September!
This year Death Wish gets an early update so everyone doesn't have to wait until the end of October to play their favorite oldschool horror FPS!

Death Wish 1.6 includes upgrades, new areas to explore, and improved compatibility with Blood:FS/GDX/NBlood.

• Cutscenes compatible with Blood: Fresh Supply
  • New areas + all v1.5 additions, including new super secrets
  • Giant sectors/walls broken up (helps rendering/performance issues)
  • Sprite rotation and positioning to account for new voxels in various ports
New, spooky areas have been added. In some maps, like this secret level, there were enough free sectors/walls to add large sections.

One of the many visual upgrades. This section was pretty dark before and had a flat building-side across the background.

Big sectors and walls have been broken up to address some performance issues and bugs that appear outside of DOS.

If you haven't played since the initial v1.5 release, you'll find even more changes have been made to many maps. DWE3M9 (shown above), for example, got a complete visual overhaul and eliminated any backtracking (although it is still possible through a couple of new teleporters).

That's all for now. See you in the fall!

schru

Arcane
Speaking about trailer is there any name for a song playing during it?
It seems like it's called ‘Blood Theme’, file name blood9, from shareware version 0.99. According to the MIDI rip by Malvineous that I have:

- SW099 refers to the shareware version 0.99, which came on a CD. It is a
different, earlier version than the normal shareware release.

- SW099 came with BLOOD9.MID. This was used as the test music in the setup
program (titled as the Blood Theme.) When BLOOD9.MID was later removed from
the game, it remained in the setup program as the theme, despite never
actually being used in the game.

I don't think there's an SC-55 recording of it out there, so here's one I made on SC VA with the SC-55 map and the MIDI file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ils8e9iuxnbc7d/Bl_Track.7z/file

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
Guys please....Stop. I can only become so erect.
Are+we+almost+at+the+end+yet+_13a0f916cc7ad3688c0a85cf4f4bf729.jpg

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
Speaking about trailer is there any name for a song playing during it?
It seems like it's called ‘Blood Theme’, file name blood9, from shareware version 0.99. According to the MIDI rip by Malvineous that I have:

- SW099 refers to the shareware version 0.99, which came on a CD. It is a
different, earlier version than the normal shareware release.

- SW099 came with BLOOD9.MID. This was used as the test music in the setup
program (titled as the Blood Theme.) When BLOOD9.MID was later removed from
the game, it remained in the setup program as the theme, despite never
actually being used in the game.

I don't think there's an SC-55 recording of it out there, so here's one I made on SC VA with the SC-55 map and the MIDI file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ils8e9iuxnbc7d/Bl_Track.7z/file
You've not truly experienced the Blood soundtrack until you've played through with the high-quality GUS rendition; I tried it once and never went back to the SC. It's so damn good at that point, it even rivals Shadow Warrior's CD soundtrack.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom