Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Played it up to the House in the January on this thing. All First World themed location run worse with 20-30 fps and loading time was through roof thanks to old HDD.
It leaks memory in general so with 8GB RAM I was doing planned restarts from desktop every 1-1.5 hours when performance deterioration started.

P:K has at least on location with completely broken performance even on good PC - it is Pitaxian Palace. Place leaks memory like crazy and turns my newer rig into rocket engine.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Ekundayo is bro-tier
GrXIiT6.png

Codex Year of the Donut
As far as I know, yes, it's normal. Only the Ecclesitheurge cleric subclass can place his primary domain spells in regular spell slots (but his secondary domain spells are domain slot restricted), but otherwise cleric domain spells are restricted to domain slots - unless they coincidentally are also in your regular cleric spell list.
I picked the wrong primary domain, I thought it applied to both :M

Knew I was missing something.

Domain Mastery

At 1st level, when an ecclesitheurge chooses his cleric domains, he designates one as his primary domain and the other as his secondary domain. An ecclesitheurge can use his non-domain spell slots to prepare spells from his primary domain’s spell list.

Each day when he prepares spells, an ecclesitheurge can select a different domain granted by his deity to gain access to that domain’s spell list instead of his secondary domain spell list. He does not lose access to his actual secondary domain’s granted powers or gain access to the other domain’s granted powers. For example, an ecclesitheurge with Glory as his primary domain and Good as his secondary domain can choose to gain access to the Healing domain; until the next time he prepares spells, he uses the Healing domain spell list as his secondary domain spell list instead of the Good domain spell list, but still keeps the granted powers of the Good domain and does not gain the granted powers of the Healing domain.

This ability alters the normal domain ability.

Is this not implemented?
Also, does Tristian have three domains?

bataille

Arcane
What's with passive abilities turning themselves off on area transitions? I really shouldn't have to turn leg sweep and burning infusion on after every loading screen. And the good hope spell from trailblazer's helm still removes itself from the quick bar, too...

:negative:

Daidre

Arcane
After patch Tristian has 2 domains - Good and Healing. His primary is Good so main Ecclesitheurge feature does not do much for him - all Good spells are native for cleric spellbook, so slotting domain spells in normal spellslots is useless.
So Ecclesitheurge:
1. Gets 1 primary domain - spell from this one could be used in any slot. So main idea to chose domain with not clerical spells to use this feature to the max - like Fire, Water or Air for Fireballs, Stinking Cloud and Chain Lightning. Or Death/Destruction/Madness for things like Enervation and Banshee Wail.
2. Gets 1 secondary domain - this choice matters exclusively for lvl 1 and 6(8) abilities.
3. Get domain spells for all his deities domains in his spellbook, but all of them with exception of spells from Primarty domain can be used only in domain spell slot. Tristian, for example, has spells for Fire, Glory, Healing and Sun working like this category.
4. Domain spells that happen to be native for cleric book can be used in any slot. All Healing domain spells are like this.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
3. Get domain spells for all his deities domains in his spellbook, but all of them with exception of spells from Primarty domain can be used only in domain spell slot. Tristian, for example, has spells for Fire, Glory, Healing and Sun working like this category.
Ah, that makes more sense then. Was really confused as to why he had access to fire domain stuff.

Iri

Educated
So I finally cleared some time to actually play this thing after buying it months ago (and waiting for most of the bugs to get ironed out). Has anybody had issues installing this through GOG Galaxy? There or four times it gets to 99.9% downloaded, then fails. I've seen a few other people reporting this on the Gog forum, but no solutions. If push comes to shove, I'll just download the installer files, but 32 gigs takes a few hours on my connection and I'd rather not. Any insight is appreciated.
I live in a house with crappy internet and deal with this all the time. I always assumed it was the connection getting funky right at the end of a download? A weird workaround I do is having a youtube video going on mute, which I think is increasing the priority/bandwidth or something, and often that works. Hope that helps, maybe you are having a totally diff prob tho.

nikolokolus

Arcane
So I finally cleared some time to actually play this thing after buying it months ago (and waiting for most of the bugs to get ironed out). Has anybody had issues installing this through GOG Galaxy? There or four times it gets to 99.9% downloaded, then fails. I've seen a few other people reporting this on the Gog forum, but no solutions. If push comes to shove, I'll just download the installer files, but 32 gigs takes a few hours on my connection and I'd rather not. Any insight is appreciated.
I live in a house with crappy internet and deal with this all the time. I always assumed it was the connection getting funky right at the end of a download? A weird workaround I do is having a youtube video going on mute, which I think is increasing the priority/bandwidth or something, and often that works. Hope that helps, maybe you are having a totally diff prob tho.
That's not it, but thanks for the heads up.

Iri

Educated
I love the idea of gog, but yeah its true. It's probly that.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Time is a luxury in this game, careful not to waste it
You want to be ahead when doing story content so you have an excess of time during lulls for managing your barony.
if you finish it fast enough you get a weapon as a reward
Doesn't apply to ch1. You won't have more time later if you rush it. Troll trouble will start 1 month after you got the barony, no matter how long you took to defeat the stag lord. You will save more time later if you use ch1 to explore all the map and do everything there. The reward weapon is meh anyway even if actually using this type of weapon.

Codex Year of the Donut
Time is a luxury in this game, careful not to waste it
You want to be ahead when doing story content so you have an excess of time during lulls for managing your barony.
if you finish it fast enough you get a weapon as a reward
Doesn't apply to ch1. You won't have more time later if you rush it. Troll trouble will start 1 month after you got the barony, no matter how long you took to defeat the stag lord. You will save more time later if you use ch1 to explore all the map and do everything there. The reward weapon is meh anyway even if actually using this type of weapon.
It should give you more time at the end of chapter 2 before the varnhold chapter starts

Daidre

Arcane
Why? All events in the game past chapter 1 timed with "days after you got a barony" variable. And curses timetable is always the same if you check the timer. If Varnhold starts, for examle, on day 300, it is always day 300. Same with all companion quests and minor events. They all coincide in exact same way every walkthrogh.

There is couple of quest that delay main chapter event timer (like for Pitax), but beside it there is no reason to rush chapter 1.

Dealing with chapter faster also pointless in the sense that you'd never get extra time for it (with chapter 3>4 as an exception). It only stops torrent of problems you need advisors for.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Why? All events in the game past chapter 1 timed with "days after you got a barony" variable. And curses timetable is always the same if you check the timer. If Varnhold starts, for examle, on day 300, it is always day 300. Same with all companion quests and minor events. They all coincide in exact same way every walkthrogh.

There is couple of quest that delay main chapter event timer (like for Pitax), but beside it there is no reason to rush chapter 1.

Dealing with chapter faster also pointless in the sense that you'd never get extra time for it (with chapter 3>4 as an exception). It only stops torrent of problems you need advisors for.

And there are a few things which you'll get to do if you don't rush, like saving Bartholew Delgado from the trolls and he'll give you the quest to retrieve the whip. Was there something else too?

Daidre

Arcane
I once have seen a letter about problems in Silverlake Village from trader there late in Bloom chapter. I usually deal with this events a lot earlier.

Codex Year of the Donut
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1041820/Pathfinder_Kingmaker__Arcane_Unleashed/
Finally, on a more serious note, the last part of this DLC is a new pet. One of our players and our friend, known to the community as Stratagemini, lost his beloved cat Tiger just weeks before the launch of our game. Stratagemini has been with us since the earliest days of development, supporting us every step of the way, providing extensive and enlightening feedback in the alpha, and helping to shape this community into what it is today. As a token of our eternal gratitude, we've recreated Tiger in the game so that he may roam with his human friend once more - if only in the Stolen Lands.
:cry:

Codex Year of the Donut
A different set of questions for you fine people:
1. Is a Feyspeaker/Sylvan Sorcerer/Mystic Theurge viable?
2. This nobody could give me an answer for so far, even the game descripions: if I take Feyspeaker, NOT choose a pet, then pick Sylvan Sorcered and DO choose a pet, does said pet gain levels when I level both Sorcered AND Feyspeaker?
You probably won't get an answer tbh.
I'd suggest installing the "bag of tricks" mod and using it to level up to 20 to try it out yourself and see what works/doesn't work. Oh, and increase the max zoom distance with the mod too.

Codex Year of the Donut
2. This nobody could give me an answer for so far, even the game descripions: if I take Feyspeaker, NOT choose a pet, then pick Sylvan Sorcered and DO choose a pet, does said pet gain levels when I level both Sorcered AND Feyspeaker?
I'd suggest installing the "bag of tricks" mod and using it to level up to 20 to try it out yourself and see what works/doesn't work. Oh, and increase the max zoom distance with the mod too.

Will do that, as soon as GOG will solve my little problem with downloading patches. What about the Feyspeaker/Sylvan Sorcerer/Mystic Theurge combination? Does it make sense?
No idea, I dislike multiclassing

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
If you get animal companion from 2 different sources you still get only one pet but the levels stack. If you don't take pet on your druid tho, you will only have a pet from sorc levels, druid levels won't advance that pet because you don't have animal companion on your druid. Theurge won't advance your pet either. This is how it should be. Is the game bugged and you advance your pet levels with druid levels even if you didn't take animal companion on that druid? That I don't know.

Is a Feyspeaker/Sylvan Sorcerer/Mystic Theurge viable?
How do you define viable? For me it sounds shit, but I'm sure you can carry this char thru the game, you have a full party after all.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The turn based mod is fucking awesome...

I'm going to keep playing and replaying this game for years to come.
I will wait until the author improves it more or gives up before trying it. Also I am staying away from mods completely until devs stop patching the game all the time.

volklore

Arcane

Will do that, as soon as GOG will solve my little problem with downloading patches. What about the Feyspeaker/Sylvan Sorcerer/Mystic Theurge combination? Does it make sense?
It makes sense in the extent that mystic theurge makes sense I guess (both your casters bases use charisma so that's fine). If you want to level your pet accordingly, you need to pick it up with your feyspeaker progression or the sylvan sorcerer pet you'll gain, will start at level 1. The Boon companion feat progresses your pet to cover up to 4 levels on non pet class. However, keep in mind your MT levels won't level your pet.
But tbh, Mystic theurge is just outright bad in PF:K because everything in the game and especially DC is about tempo. Theurge just pays way to harsh taxes to be able to cast both spell types. On curve spellcasting progression is really important to spellcasters in this game, and while flavorful, Mystic theurge gets delayed too much.

volklore

Arcane
Pretty much.

Edit : Although it might work on normal. the build makes sense overall - that how you would build Theurge, I just find it really annoying to play as I like my casters to be high impact. The build is flavorfull, but I would cut the animal companion altogether, its progression will be way too clunky and it will just be a pure handicap in the late game (taking up space and getting one shotted left and right).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1618395407174341664

Developers’ Diary: the Kingdom Reforms
11 JUN @ 10:19PM - WOODEN_DRAGON

Hi there! The Enhanced Edition is finally here, and we hope that you’ve already dug your teeth into it and that you like what you’re seeing. Nonetheless, there remains one important aspect of the game that we haven’t covered in these diaries yet. Today we would like to focus on kingdom management.

Our “vanilla” kingdom management system has found some supporters among the players, but not all of you liked it. As time went on, we’ve received many suggestions and criticisms from you. We kept fine-tuning the way kingdom management works with every big patch, and as such, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that we’ve prepared a new pack of improvements for the Enhanced Edition as well.

No Intermediaries

Let us start with a small, but important improvement – now you will be able to buy BP right from the kingdom interface! Hassuf might be a bit disappointed that you won’t be visiting him just as much, but this will make playing significantly more comfortable. From now on, all you need to do to restock your treasury is to open the kingdom stats window.

The Retinue Plays the King

The advisors… We still receive quite a lot of comments from you saying there aren’t enough advisors in the game. Our goal has always been to give our players a chance to make meaningful choices, choices that actually matter. Choosing an advisor was supposed to be one of those difficult, but ultimately entertaining parts of the game. You do your best to pick the ideal candidate for the role: someone who can get the job done, but also fits your style of leadership. However, this can be quite tricky, and at times even outright impossible – which is why sometimes you compromise and give the position to someone who’s not a good match for you as a person, but will greatly benefit the kingdom. This is a significant, meaningful choice, but sometimes it can be unpleasant and, as it turns out, even unacceptable to some players. Also, it is far too hard to play without any advisors on some of the key roles, especially when playing for the first time - this can easily cripple a kingdom. Therefore, by popular demand, we’ve decided to allow appointing mercenaries for government roles. They are not quite the same as your usual advisors, however. A mercenary is not as effective as other advisors: they have a lower base chance of successfully resolving an event. At the same time, a mercenary can use magical items to increase their stats (only your companions were able to do that before). They are not very talkative and they tend to select the most neutral option in each rank-up event if there is one.

Knowing the Consequences

Speaking of advisors and rank-ups, from now on, you’ll be able to see what effect your choices during any given rank-up event will have. While making the game, we wanted our players to make kingdom choices without knowing all of the consequences, letting their heart and morals guide them instead. In practice, it resulted in discomfort and prompted players to load to a previous save after an unfortunate choice. We decided to change that. Now you will be able to see the effects of your decisions in advance, so that you can make a responsible choice.

All is Quiet in the Kingdom

Unrest has proven to be one of the most problematic kingdom mechanics. To address that, we’ve attempted to make the reasons behind rising unrest clearer – you can now read about any changes in the unrest log. Also, story events that often lead to rising unrest will now tell you how to deal with them. Last but not least, we’ve added more ways to influence the current unrest level: firstly, throwing a feast became cheaper at 200 BP (however, each time you use it the price will rise to 200, 400, 600 and so on). Secondly, each Stability rank-up event will lower kingdom unrest by one step.

Events

Finally, let’s talk some more about kingdom events. We’ve made multiple UI improvements in that area – for example, now you can see which events have already been assigned an advisor. Some of the advisors can resolve certain events better than others, and before, the only way to find out was to browse through all of the available options. Now this information is at hand: you can see it on the advisor’s card at any time. Sometimes, your kingdom can be struck by an especially devastating event, and earlier you had no way to respond to that as a ruler. From now on, there is an instrument you can use in a pinch – we’ve named them Crisis Points. You earn them as your kingdom grows, that is, with every new rank-up. You can also buy a limited amount of such points from Hassuf. These points can be used to get a single-shot bonus to successfully resolve an event – and, possibly, to deal with a catastrophe that would have otherwise been beyond your advisor’s abilities.

Yours faithfully,
Owlcats.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom