Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
sullynathan

Yeah, guess what cherry pick quoting and pulling a year old demo makes you?

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Complain? I just told you shithead and you just did it again.

"guess what cherry pick quoting and pulling a year old demo makes you? "

dumbfuck.

Plus, you also conveniently and moronically - left out - that nobody is praising Cyberpunk for combat.

You dumb devolved shit.

S.torch

Arbiter
>We haven't seen combat of cyberpunk
>I post nearly an hour of gameplay and 10 minutes of combat
>retard complains about cherry picking

what cherry-picking? the combat in cyberpunk looks far better than the buggy mess in this sequel

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Cyberpunk looks endlessly better than this on every level. Good visuals, way better AI, first person cover system, enemies dropping dead as you expect them to. In this it looks like you slap around a person in a stunlock until they fly around like a deflating balloon or as if you were casting an Oblivion spell at them through your gun until they die, with janky autoaim, bad sensitivity and no acceleration. It doesn't just look bad, it will play worse.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Every thread, no matter it's outer worlds or VTMB 2, there is always people say crap like "Cyberpunk 2077 looks better than this".

No shit, its budget is probably higher than all the other RPGs comes out in the last three years combined. If it didn't look miles better than the other game when it comes to combat and graphics it only means CDPR is completely retard and don't know shit about how to spend their money. Yet the dialogue options they show in their demo is still way limited comparing to those smaller budget game, which didn't have a very extensive dialogue tree in the first place.

Even if Cyberpunk is a better game, so what? Are we only allowed to play the best game in the Market and nothing else?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Cyberpunk looks endlessly better than this on every level. Good visuals, way better AI, first person cover system, enemies dropping dead as you expect them to. In this it looks like you slap around a person in a stunlock until they fly around like a deflating balloon or as if you were casting an Oblivion spell at them through your gun until they die, with janky autoaim, bad sensitivity and no acceleration. It doesn't just look bad, it will play worse.
You're the reason mid-tier studios are nearly extinct.

NullFlow

Savant
I can tolerate jank, awkward combat and stiff animations, but with this game being less than a year away from release and still looking like this, it's a bit of a worrying sign. Not a fan of its nu Deus Ex and Dishonored style UI either, and the quest marker on top of the screen better be removable.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Evil corporations" will never be better writing than anything involved with VTM, no matter how shit Bloodlines 2 is.

You can side with the evil corporations.

And nothing that's so far been revealed from Outer Worlds shows that it will have better combat.

Look at melee/ranged combat in TOW, then look at it here. It's worse here.

Herumor

Scholar
I'd love to see that dug up. Not being sarcastic. Any ammo we had to get stupidity markers removed from the game would be valued, at least in our hearts.

I found this: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Announced for PS4, Coming Q1 2020

Written by Brian Mitsoda, Cara Ellison, and the esteemed Chris Avellone, you'll get to explore the seamless hub-world of Seattle without any quest markers from the first-person perspective.

But that seems to be written by the person writing the article rather than being stated by the devs/publishers.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
The only thing I've liked in this gameplay (so yeah, my opinion of it got lowered after seeing 15 minutes of it) was the fact that we got XP only for the quest (so no grinding here) and the verticality but the latter might get old really fast. The writing, as has been said already, seems rather awful based on the fragments we got. "All I need you to do" and just below "all you have to do". That's some elementary school level of writing, although the worst examples have already been posted (and yes, I'm aware that spoken language isn't the same as written one but somehow in Bloodlines they've managed to do it right). Not to mention that for some reason NPC's name is hovering over their heads, WTF?
Then we have a Nosferatu who wants us to do him a favour and in exchange he offers us absolutely nothing. WTF? The quest marker is also egregious and voice acting is just average which is a shame considering how good VO in Bloodlines is. What's possibly the worst though is that it's been developed for consoles and it shows. The wheel, the press X prompt and the dumbed down everything.
OK, I'll just do you a favour out of the goodness of my heart.
vuwW9YB.jpg

Slugg said:
Are you Slugg Slugg? Seriously, this name hovering is annoying, especially when in the next screen we get to know his name. That's some revolver Ocelot level. BTW, it seems strange that we know who to look just by name, she could have given us his picture or tell at least that he's a frog/ogre (not sure if telling us he's a Nosferatu would help, as fledgling and thinblood at that obvious things aren't so obvious). We learn from Nosferatu that he's a Nosferatu too but we should have learned that from Elif (it's been suggested that she knows where he is but since he knows her it's more difficult for her to get close), going to Nosferatu is just filler content and just another stop without much significance.

Visually it looks good but as I've said here the atmosphere is too dark (and yes, I know it's called WoD) and Seattle looks like too much of a shithole. It's like being forced to play in sewers for the whole game. Now compare it to Vienna (where there was snow for example) or to Prague (where we had the chance to play during the day) or to any Bloodlines (outside) location. It's just too much of a difference. Hopefully we will see some more interesting locations later because this part of Seattle is too much of a dump.

Additionally, while it may be considered as nitpicking (can't argue with that) it seems very strange to stand next to an NPC for so long while saying nothing and all he's doing is staring at us while swaying from left to right. I know it's been like this in VTMB but here it's more visible for some reason. I'm not sure if stopping the time would make it better but it looks awkward the way it is now.

Yeah, a YELLOW tent is totally inconspicuous and it's not yellow because it's easier for the player to find a yellow tent among normal ones :roll:. The real question is, can we get the data from the tent via metagaming? I sure hope so, there's only so many places a person can hide in a tent (plus with Auspex I wager it wouldn't be that hard to notice). And it must be so since all we got from Slugg was "yellow tent" and we immediately got the data so it must have been at plain sight apparently :].

And here are some questions/observations that I would like developers to know so Wesp5 , if you agree with me on anything please send it to your contact.

• WTF jumping out of a high building doesn't break the masquerade in a masquerade area?
  • Is lockpicking dependant on skills? Doesn't look like it in the gameplay, there is no skill check visible (unlike in VTMB). Also, in VTMB performing criminal acts next to NPCs got police on our heads, it doesn't seem to be the case in here which is a huge decline.
  • Why is everyone following the quest marker instead of exploring the area? Are there so few things to do there or is it so linear that you can't go anywhere once you receive a quest? It looks bad when compared to Bloodlines where you had the chance to meet with various relevant NPCs (other than Mercurio) or visit interesting areas (like the hospital, where you had the chance to make a ghoul). I hope it's just journalists being retarded and conditioned to just follow arrows like the sheep they are.
  • Where's our laptop/computer for quests? If all we'll have is a smartphone give us at least a chance to interact with it in a significant way. If all it does is showing us quests then quest journal would be better for it.
  • Where is the save/load feature? Did they disable it so that we wouldn't be able to see that other choices were illusionary only and led to the exact same results? That would be my guess because I don't believe no one would try to do it.
  • Can we get the data from the tent via metagaming?

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I liked the gameplay trailers, gives me good vibes for the game. Yea the combat looks shitty, but it did in bloodlines 1, too, no excuse though.

I don't really care about facial animations, they looked "ok" to me in the trailer, not really gamebreaking. The visuals of Seattle does look impressive, hopefully the overall story, C&C and writing will too.
Gonna be making a malkavian for sure.

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Are you Slugg Slugg? Seriously, this name hovering is annoying, especially when in the next screen we get to know his name. That's some revolver Ocelot level. BTW, it seems strange that we know who to look just by name, she could have given us his picture or tell at least that he's a frog/ogre
WTF jumping out of a high building doesn't break the masquerade in a masquerade area?
Yeah both those things I take issue with, in addition with the fact that the quest giver never revealed what info you had to acquire from Slugg.

Internal consistency of the world looks fucked. Replaced with gamist abominations such as "follow the quest marker to do something your character has no idea about, really who cares about in-world motivations", and "it's cool to jump down from a high building so we'll forget about the masquerade for a second". That alone would kill the game.

HansDampf

Arcane
Wesp5, please ask them what part of the demo isn't placeholder.

Anyway, coming back to quest markers, I found this clip from an earlier interview.

(relevant part at 1:50)

This is the "woman with weird hair" I was talking about, but it's not how I remember it. She is very vague about it, and is technically just saying that side quests won't have markers. Same with this RPS article
“A lot of people preferred when they could just go out into the world, do side quests, and get the reactivity to what they were doing,” said Mitsoda. “Those micro stories that littered all of the game. So definitely, there’s going to be a lot of reactivity and branching in the story.”
Those side quests won’t all be dogmarked for you, and you can pick them up in a number of ways.
I'm getting the suspicion, these vague comments about "hidden" side quests were misinterpreted to mean "no quest markers at all". But I'm not sure. I may also have read a direct comment from one of the devs on twitter. Or I'm deluding myself.

Here is another checklist Nano quoted from Resetera in this thread, and his comment below:
Dunno where the no-quest-markers part is from (the stream?)
:hmmm:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You're the reason mid-tier studios are nearly extinct.
Get fucked, apologist retard. I have no issue with middle market games, but I wasn't even trying to argue about this vs that, I was trying to argue with a deluded dipshit who honestly thinks CP2077 looks just as bad. No shit CP2077 looks better, it's not even a fucking competition, but at least face the truth instead of lying to yourself. I wouldn't even care about the shit combat as long as they could deliver on other fronts and kept the combat avoidable or minimal, but they can't do that. If I can't get good combat, give me avoidable combat.
God, people are so fucking hungry for RPGs they'll eat up whatever is shat on their plate, apologise to the developers for not eating faster and ask for seconds. I can't fucking wait to be right as always and see your eternal butthurt when this game comes out as big of a dumpster fire as I expect it to 9 months from now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom