Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
good! they are watering down the product to appeal to all the retards in search for quick gratification and who cannot commit to something from the start, not even in a videogame.

freely switch to a completly new weapon with barely any drawback whatsoever because catchup mechanics!

Eh uh what? Kinda like in D&D when you switch from short sword to long sword you have to learn everything from the scratch, right?

I mean, if I don't remember wrong, Cyberpunk rules do state that if you have 10 points in handguns you can shoot any type of a handgun perfectly, even cyberware types, don't they?

So if anything, we should rejoice the faithfulness to the core ruleset.

If we were to tweak the logic, then it only seems sensible to me that if you manage to get your handguns skill to 10, rifle and submachinegun probably shouldn't start from 0 due to skill synergies.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some people were starting to get anxiety from how combat and skills work together, so Miles Tost chimed in with a bit (it’s not much, but...):

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...077-at-e3-2019.11006239/page-26#post-11572450

Just skimming through the thread here after a long day of presentations and interviews, so please bear with me.

Guys, calm down, please. Enhancing your weapon skill through usage is still in and the increase in skill will affect your weapon handling.
Currently, we're also planning for that to affect animations, meaning for example that you will see your character reloading more smoothly as you become better. Things like these might change however, you know how it is.

And before you go out and wonder, if this system might not decrease your ability to freely switch to new weapon types: we are aware and are looking at different possibilities for catch-up mechanics. This game is about enabling you to do the things you want to do, and not taking those possibilities away by locking you in.

Hope that clears things up a bit. Always be nice to each other.
i think AoD's "splash" skill effect can work with this. in age of decadence raising one skill will passively and invisibly affect the "neighboring" skills. if you are a master swordsman, you might be able to use mace, not as skillful, but still better than untrained, or less trained people. in real life, these things are true too to some extent. even if the handling of the weapons say a sword and a warhammer is totally different, but some of the basic techniques like footwork and body movements are shared between alot of martial arts.

so all they have to do is to create different category, and have the skills in the same category "scale" to the certain skill you upgrades. pistols, rifles, etc can be lumped together. if you raise rifles skill, your pistol skills gets better by some invisible factor to some degree, either 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 or something.

Tiger

Learned
72jKjRT.jpg

Did the poor bastard get married during Witcher 2?

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They want to separate gear stats and gear looks from each other
What the fuck this even means?

I believe this trend comes from mmo games - there's a number of ways to have your visible gear be different from actually equipped gear.

It would be handy for the "dress up barbie" types, who want to look wearing nothing but shades and g-string, but still keep all the benefits of a fugly kevlar vest.

Paul_cz

Arcane
There are websites with less of it. If you like the more buttoned down British gaming journalism style of Rock Paper Shotgun but want less political garbage, just read Eurogamer.

Eurogamer is pure trash too. Remember their Kingdom Come idiocy? And as far as I can tell after that review and some Digital Foundry vids, they never covered KCD afterwards. No posts or reviews about DLCs, nothing.

Nothing but a 2080ti can run a ray traced modern AAA game at a reasonable frame rate, and i'm not even sure 2080ti owners, most of whom probably also have 144hz 4k gaming monitors and such, probably think the "improvements" are worth the massive loss in performance.

Ray tracing is a scam because what made this technology unfeasible until now was the massive performance hit and they haven't solved that issue at all. I'd bet anything software run ray tracing won't be much far off from ray tracing run on whatever fancy hardware module they put on those cards, if at all.

I upgraded 6 months back from 2500K/1070 to Ryzen 2700X/2080Ti and it was perfectly worth it for me. I got it primarily for performance (I want 1440p/60) with RTX being a nice bonus. And in Metro Exodus it was great, the game still ran 1440p/ultra at stable 60-80 fps and raytracing looks amazing there. Lot of upcoming games seem to be supporting it, like Bloodlines 2, Cyberpunk, Wolfenstein, Doom, Control or Watch Dogs 3. I am sure they will all get nVidia engineers on site to help make sure the effects run at good performance like with Metro Exodus.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, he is CEO of a company that costs more than a billion bucks afaik... So I guess he gets something in return of getting stressed out

DeepOcean

Arcane
So the game is going to support RTX, and this is going to be an nVidia sponsored title.

:negative:

So for all the talk of no DRMs and no platform exclusivity and such they go ahead bend over to proprietary tech implementation to limit us poor plebs/cucks whose only claim to raytracing is butthurt tears tracing salt on our faces to second rate visuals and hand me down experiences.

Well for sure I will be 'testing' the product very thoroughly to see if the requirements can attest to certain level of 'acceptable' graphical fidelity. ;)
And why would you tank your FPS to see some extra reflections? Ray tracing can dump your framerates in almost half. Only a rtx 2080 can deal with a game on ultra with raytracing on and even there, with framerates that struggle to keep 60 fps if you try anything above 1080p, especially 4k. The way raytracing is done now is very inefficient performance wise and honestly, the difference of baked lighting for those limited applications of ray tracing are minimal unless you stop each second to look to every single detail on the environment. I plan to buy a RX 5700 XT if the performance boost over the RTX 2070 is confirmed on independent benchmarks as the price is good. Unless they really change the way they do ray tracing, it is not worthy to buy a RTX 2070 for that, both RTX 2060 and 2070 struggle with it.

Xeon

Augur

Man, the net running bit is kinda fun sounding with it being very dangerous and whatever.
Huh, you can steal any car similar to GTA and store it in your garage.

Edit:
Mike Pondsmith works for Microsoft? I thought he just created the Cyberpunk IP and does stories or editions or something like with D&D or whatever.

Last edited:

Danikas

Arcane
Faggotera poster

Mike Pondsmith's involvement with the development of the game does nothing to shield CDPR from criticism for its depiction of minorities in its upcoming game. Pulling the Pondsmith card, in response to concerns over problematic imagery and themes in the game, is the "my best friend is black" defense by proxy. It's tiresome and borderline racist.

Complaining about Haitians in the game.

Actual Haitian

Faggotera poster

Mike Pondsmith's involvement with the development of the game does nothing to shield CDPR from criticism for its depiction of minorities in its upcoming game. Pulling the Pondsmith card, in response to concerns over problematic imagery and themes in the game, is the "my best friend is black" defense by proxy. It's tiresome and borderline racist.

These people exist solely to find things like this in media to complain about. Nothing else. There is no stopping them, there is no satisfying them. No matter what they will complain. The only acceptable action is to ignore them.

Zer0wing

Cipher
These people exist solely to find things like this in media to complain about. Nothing else. There is no stopping them, there is no satisfying them. No matter what they will complain. The only acceptable action is to ignore them.
Western leftards are modern tools of "divide et impera". They're also funded by US government. The LGBT sectarians that is.

Vulpes

Scholar
So how long until those numales start calling Pondsmith a white supermacist for having a white guy (Morgan Blackhand) as his go-to playable character in the tabletop?

Everyone who's into XXI century press knows that most journalists today (videogames or whatever) are either being paid to follow an agenda or are just "useful idiots" (like the guy who wrote the RPS article).

They got into games because there was space for them to squeeze in and preach their bullshit. None of them are gamers or give a shit about games. That's why they cry and whine about needing an ultra-easy game journalist difficulty level, so they can cruise control through the entire game with no challenge in order to find things to complain are "problematic".

NullFlow

Savant

Man, the net running bit is kinda fun sounding with it being very dangerous and whatever.
Huh, you can steal any car similar to GTA and store it in your garage.

I also noticed that you can go fairly minimal on cyberware and the only mandatory ones are the Kiroshi eye and subdermal grip.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom