Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most respected game developers in the current era

Siel

Arcane
Patron
I don't mean according to the codex or other niche communities like biodrones. I'm talking about the mass consumer opinion.
What are the current most respected devs. My guess is CDPR and From Software but is that it?

Covenant

Savant
Damn, at first I thought everyone in this thread was being extremely fucking spicy, but then I saw that bit about according to mass consumer opinion.

So with that in mind, Nintendo? Plenty of people have fond childhood memories, plus there's the name-recognition amongst non-gamers. The only ones who really have an axe to grind with them are the hipsters.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Every studio that isn't located in Canada or San Francisco already earns my respect, tbh.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Popular devs are only popular because they are new. Eventually they will all release an Arkham Knight and be hated or get bought out. The public are fickle dipshits.

Machocruz

Arcane
Nintendo and Rockstar are at the top, with multiple best sellers of all time, while being highly respected. There are 100s of millions of people playing video games i.e. your "mass consumer", so companies like Larian, From Software, Obsidian, etc. aren't even blips on the radar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom