Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

DeepOcean

Arcane
Seriously though, I'm not even saying to be OPTIMISTIC. I have no info for or against that. I'm just providing counter arguments to the depressive theories that go around in here, for basically no reason other than the usual Codex pessimism/shitting on everything
If I had any photoshop skills, I would make you a rainbow so huge that could take you to Asgard.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Systems are meant to serve the story in an RPG, not the other way around.

Story is merely an excuse to use the pointy stick and throw fireballs.
9UeBikv.png

fbEDZIt.png

6RtIlGO.png

Unfortunately, some homosexuals are more interested in unleashing their absolutely dreadful, puerile imagination thinking themselves deep and engaging, imagining themselves the author of a real story than play a game and get through maze like dungeons, surviving traps and dangerous encounters.

6bQUOtj.jpg

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I just want ToEE but not about ToEE.
There was some guy that was porting Icewind Dale to ToEE, he even made a demo that was awesome but after that, there is only radio silence from him.
There was a mod called Icegate II, but then I found out it was canceled. Man, imagine a BG2 in 3rd edition. Would have made for a strange first playthrough.

PrettyDeadman

Unfortunately, some homosexuals are more interested in unleashing their absolutely dreadful, puerile imagination thinking themselves deep and engaging, imagining themselves the author of a real story than play a game and get through maze like dungeons, surviving traps and dangerous encounters.

...and they stuck really long to that design philosophy...no, wait, they started throwing it out the window as soon as possible.
Which happened at the same time DECLINE has begun. Coincidence?

Last edited by a moderator:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

...and they stuck really long to that design philosophy...no, wait, they started throwing it out the window as soon as possible.

Decline of what? Sales? Popularity? Demand? All of those things were on the rise. Or are you just spouting power-words in the hopes of gaining some bro-fists here?
Cool Dungeons/Cool Monsters/ Cool Items/Combat>>>Stories.

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyDeadman

Decline of what? Sales? Popularity? Demand? All of those things were on the rise. Or are you just spouting power-words in the hopes of gaining some bro-fists here?
Decline of quality and intellectuality. It usually corresponds with increase in sales and popularity. Plebians wants products which are shit and dumb.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Why are people shitting on my bro OD&D ? It's a great game and nice books. With rip-off drawings by a kid too. Awesome.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
...and they stuck really long to that design philosophy...no, wait, they started throwing it out the window as soon as possible. Notice that I'm not talking about what D&D used to be about, but what it became
The way you are having fun is completely WRONG. Shut up and feel ashamed of yourself.

pm_675

Arbiter
Behead anyone who insults THAC0, and mount their head on a pike for the crows to peck at.

Yesterday the 'tards were trying to insult and distort the glorious Vancian magic system. Today it's THAC0. Stay tuned for tomorrow, when the 'tards try to insult and distort another sacred legacy, and get suppressed yet again.

You mean a system that translates so poorly into storytelling that every author writing novels/stories/comics within a universe containing Vancian magic simply ignores it?

Jack Vance motherfucker. Do you have any idea about anything, illiterate ignoramus?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom