Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Delterius

Arcane
I thought Cara Ellison was supposed to be there to work on some side quests. When did she become lead narrative designer?
the rumour mills claim someone played dead state in the office

altho the idea ellison was just the side quest person might be a misconception from how she described the 'hunting thin bloods' side quest as her favorite work on the game at that point, 5 months ago

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I thought Cara Ellison was supposed to be there to work on some side quests. When did she become lead narrative designer?
the rumour mills claim someone played dead state in the office

altho the idea ellison was just the side quest person might be a misconception from how she described the 'hunting thin bloods' side quest as her favorite work on the game at that point, 5 months ago

Sure, but at no point has she ever been introduced as Lead Narrative Designer, until that video. As Infinitron said, maybe they just fucked up the labels.

typical user

Arbiter
Watched the gameplay.

-it has pre-alpha watermark with a version stamp.
-lots of animations missing.
-heavy object pop-ins.

The combat wiill get better, it's just a matter of polishing animations. But you can strafe, sprint, pause to change your gear and disciplines which is huge improvement over the first Bloodlines and from the looks of it, there are two types of damage, aggrevated and standard. I am optimistic about the game, it has all the charm from the first.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When did Cara Ellison become lead narrative designer?
EIN7sNH.png
It's a matter of time x 1

a cut of domestic sheep prime

day one. or at least day one since it was announced.
Those labels might be incorrect.
she's always been referred to as a lead narrative designer, but I don't think "lead writer" was ever her title iirc. make of that what you will.

but who, knows. maybe I'm misremembering.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The previews that were published when the game was announced said that Brian Mitsoda was the lead narrative designer. Those previews also described Cara Ellison as a "senior writer".

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
For fuck's sake, I posted the pic from the video as a joke. I guess I should've included an '/s'.:argh:
Obviously it's a mix-up with the labels, come on guys.
If anything, they wouldn't lose the PR opportunity to flaunt Brian's senior position just for continuity.
But primarily, why would they make Cara the lead while demoting Brian, when they're banking everything on successful resurrection of the crown jewel in their WoD acquisition?
She's got next to no experience, and probably got her job with a combination of being an RPS journo who was championing the original game for years and being a lighting rod for potential SJW wrath.
It turned out she's also better than Brian in PR talk, but that hardly qualifies her to go over Brian.

vota DC

Augur
The previews that were published when the game was announced said that Brian Mitsoda was the lead narrative designer. Those previews also described Cara Ellison as a "senior writer".
Senior just means old. She is in the staff and important as grandpa Simpson.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unless I'm mistaken, this seems to be the strongest contender for a game that might actually be a RPG so far at E3?.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Two things on the gameplay footage:

1 - Are thinbloods supposed to be that strong? wtf?
2 - Gang members models are copy pasted like Sabbath vamps were in bloodlines1. Hope it's just because alpha otherwise, decline :(

ChildInTime

Learned
Two things on the gameplay footage:

1 - Are thinbloods supposed to be that strong? wtf?
2 - Gang members models are copy pasted like Sabbath vamps were in bloodlines1. Hope it's just because alpha otherwise, decline :(
1 - Player is already in a clan in this video. He casts tremere spells.
2 - They are just an incompetent studio that bit more than it could chew. So look forward to 25 copypasted dudes in a hoodie in the final version.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I feel like some people aren't mentally factoring in that this is a 2020 game. They're putting it in the same mental category as The Outer Worlds which is coming out this year became both games have shown gameplay.
The first gameplay video of TOW from last year looked better than this. :P

Senior just means old. She is in the staff and important as grandpa Simpson.

She's a new hire. I guess maybe they feel she deserves seniority because her experience on Dishonored 2 makes her more experienced than anyone else contributing to writing and/or maybe it's because she's in charge of writing the most (behind Brian).

Anyway, remember when some journalist claimed Megan Starks was the lead writer of TOW? Typical senior/lead confusion.

frajaq

Erudite
Watching gameplay done by inept people triggers my autism really hard, who the fuck was the one playing while showing it off?

Yosharian

Arcane
But primarily, why would they make Cara the lead while demoting Brian, when they're banking everything on successful resurrection of the crown jewel in their WoD acquisition?
She's got next to no experience, and probably got her job with a combination of being an RPS journo who was championing the original game for years and being a lighting rod for potential SJW wrath.
It turned out she's also better than Brian in PR talk, but that hardly qualifies her to go over Brian.
I mean you answered your own question

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom