Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ni no Kuni Remastered - coming to PC and PS4

cruel

Cipher
Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPrmpGT_u4A

Release date: September 20 2019

Very charming game, and very fun to play because of familiar system. I guess it may pose some challenge when played on hard. Highly recommended if somebody didn't have a chance to play it on PS3.

Tigranes

Arcane
I've been waiting a long time for this, will pick it up on switch - as long as they let you pick Japanese audio & English subs. Apparently that's the kind of bread and butter option missing in at least one other release (FFX for Switch).

lightbane

Arcane
The game has good visuals but is sadly mediocre in everything else. They should have adapted and translated to English the original DS title.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
It's a pity that they ruined their possible fan-base on PC by releasing the much-inferior sequel first. The first NNK is actually a good game, and I recommend it, but I can completely understand someone not being interested in it if their first experience was with the sequel.

Curratum

It's a pity that they ruined their possible fan-base on PC by releasing the much-inferior sequel first. The first NNK is actually a good game, and I recommend it, but I can completely understand someone not being interested in it if their first experience was with the sequel.

Please, do explain. My first experience was with NNK2 on PC and I LOOOVED it.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
mostly the downgrade to the combat system and the removal of the monster ally system, and of course the change to button-mashing combat. big mechanical downgrade.

more subjectively the cast of characters and overall story is much less charming than in the 1st game as well, though i suppose that's more personal, which is why i qualify this point with 'more subjectively'.

Outmind

Augur
Aaaaaand I started playing it on RPCS3 like a week ago. No turning back now...

I'm on the fence on whether or not I like this one. The combat is chaotic once more characters join and switching between them because the tactics don't really do what you want them to is annoying.

Any tips from veterans would be greatly appreciated. I'm fighting the cauldron djin now if that helps.

lightbane

Arcane
Careful with spells that make a cutscene, they will interrupt ALL other actions, yours and the enemy's. You will learn to hate that retarded fairy once the time comes.
The AI deals poorly with bosses that have minions to the point it will leave you hanging.

Once you can fly around, check a guide to know how to get the dragon in the desert and the jumping tree in that island, they will break the game and you will need it: the last bosses are ridiculously powerful and the worst part of the game. Coincidentally that's when the exclusive content of the PS3 version shows up.
I recommend leveling up to max to make the final boss less painful. Don't bother with the postgame's quests, watch the chain on YouTube to save yourself time. They are interesting but only because it's a callback to the original ds game.

Blaza

Educated
I'm pretty excited about this, I had seen the sequel when it came out on PC but was put off by the original not being available.

Between Yakuza, Octopath and now this coming I hope this marks PC getting more and more jrpgs

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I am ambivalent. I haven't gotten around playing it yet, so it's a good chance to try the game, but I also must object to someone remastering a game this early after release. It's like when they remastered Dark Souls. Why are people remastering basically still new games? Remaster 20 year old games!

Tigranes

Arcane
Discounted on Amazon and has been for a while, but only Switch / PS4 and not selling PC copies, I believe?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ridiculously expensive in my region. Fucking Bamco.

Same here...
piracy.png
I guess

Reinhardt

Arcane
I don't understand how japanese decide prices... It's totally random.

Cat Dude

Savant

Japanese games have always been more expensive on steam regardless of new releases or remastered. They made triple A western game publishers too generous in comparison.

Japanese games have always been more expensive on steam regardless of new releases or remastered. They made triple A western game publishers too generous in comparison.

That's not true at all. SEGA releases are very reasonably priced, I paid less than 10 USD on Yakuza, Bayonetta and Vanquish, for example. Bamco is just completely clueless.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ridiculously expensive in my region. Fucking Bamco.

Same here...
piracy.png
I guess

Come on. Get a job dude.

I'm swimming in money you filthy peasant. Mostly thanks to avoiding overpriced shit like this.(which I already bought and finished on PS)

Also this is like saying "You have an asshole so lets put something in it", not a healty point of view methinks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom